Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's cool! :)

Judging by the base (gear-like?), is it another Tinker-ish thing? :D

Uwk
    who still finds your Toilet Paper Holder invaluable! ;)
    Karamella and Prissetta like this.
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got this floor lamp ready to be submitted. I'd like it to be available for Erollisi Festival, but not sure whether it is too late for that to happen. I'm gonna ask that the crystal glow like a bulb, and that the other 2 parts have a faint glow as well, (on the pole and the base.)

[IMG]
    Merriel, Alyndrys, elflover and 5 others like this.
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

I have these two items ready to be submitted to Player Studio:
    (I'm going to suggest each item be sold separately with 4 in each set for 350 dbc.)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Brilliant! Wagon or chariot; it's said that the original rails (be they dug grooves or actual raised metal things with grooved wheels) were based on the space between ruts in the roads from Roman chariots going off to various areas. :)

Uwk
    Rawl, elflover, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

I don't think this is going to make it in to the game by Valentine's Day. :( It is still "valid" status which means it either hasn't been reviewed, or they aren't really interested in it. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

7. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I like the lamps very much ! I hope they will still make it to the marketplace even by ... Brewday or later ( I will still buy them :) )
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Indeed! Just tweak the decorations/colors, and I still think, with that base, it'd be perfect for Tinkerfest. :)

Uwk
    Rawl and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Rawl Well-Known Member

I don't think they will release something made for Erollisi Festival out of season, just like they don't release Frostfell stuff out of season, so, if it doesn't make it this year, it will be another year before it could be added.
    Alyndrys and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Rawl Well-Known Member

I could make another one, using the same geometry but different texture for another holiday...
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Really like this lamp. It would be cool to have a bundle with floor lamp, table lamp, sconce, and ceiling lights
    for each holiday
    . Also each sold as individual item as well.
  12. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Hearts, steins, clover, gears, snowflakes with different colours, they will find a home for sure :)
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

I agree, matching table lamps, sconce, chandelier would be nice to go with the floor lamp. Perhaps it is too 'modern' for them to consider it? I think it's lovely though.

The trail is awesome, Jerry, but based on things you've submitted before and had to revise...I think it's too concise. Maybe have grassy patches that are growing into the road, a missing cobblestone here and there, and maybe a section where the dirt and stone have crumbled away leaving a dirt patch instead of grass along the edge of the road. It's an awesome set though. :)
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

Because of the way the items are unwrapped, it is difficult if not impossible to hide the fact that the same texture is repeated on these items. The more unique things are on the texture, like missing stones, etc. the more obvious the repetition is.
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is a work in progress view of the Rockin' Baby Cradle I'm still finalizing the geometry on. It will appear slightly different when the geometry is done, (like bedding in the cradle and maybe a seat pad on the rocker, depends on the tri count though.)

[IMG]
    Merriel, Rosyposy, Karamella and 2 others like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries about the seat cushion on the rocker, we can do that with probably any of the various Pillows, etc. out there. :)

The bedding might be trickier for us to do something about, but after getting a lot of various food containers from the City Festival just past, I can see how they did the "pile of whatever" appearance sort of thing, kind of another trick of the eye just using textures. :)

Good luck! :D

Uwk
    Rawl and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

I think this is ready for UV unwrapping. (no pillow, but there will be a blanket and sheet inside the cradle.)

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh, that makes sense. Well, I do hope they approve it, Jerry. It really is a nice set.
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

The matoppie blankets would make good bedding in the cradle. Now if they would just implement more blankets like that in different colors and textures or patterns, we could have more variety to use. Perhaps you could even make a set to be used in the cradle that's not quite as thick as the matoppie (due to the folds in the blanket). Being the matoppie is a pink'ish color, maybe you could make a 'baby blue' colored set?
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got revision requests on these two items which are now ready to be submitted to Player Studio.
    (They might not like the symbols on the GnomeWorks one, but I hope they accept it.)

[IMG]

[IMG]