Personal Harvest Depot (small) Bugged?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ocarinah, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Kurogo Active Member

Yes please! Considering the shear amount of mats used for FF, having a seperate FF depot along with the FF crafting stations would be great. As far as House vs Guild depots...Some house depots should be increased in size. Fuel depot needs to be able to hold at least a stack of fuel for each tier, L&L falls 31 slots short of holding all L&L items, and multiple sized harvest depots. If they are all going to be house lore, a very large holiday depot and a Small Harvest Depot should cover just about everything left from the Large Harvest Depot.

In my house I have several harvest depots, with different contents and levels of access.
    The Large Depot is full of common harvests and open to all visitors to craft from, though the fuel depot is set to friends only.
    Small Depot #1 has just enough room to hold my rare harvests and is set to friends only.
    Small Depot #2 has my Cobalt Scar combine purchased mats, holiday mats, transmuting stuff, and other miscelleaneous hard to acquire mats and is set to just me and my alts.

Being able to change the level of access for different type of mats is something you can only accomplish with multiple depots. If an exploit is to be avoided, I think having the three different depots I mentioned above would be a good solution to use. Sure I could use multiple houses, but with the threat of zoning to desktop everytime I change house zones too often, and 9 crafters and their apprentices/harvesters to feed, I see little harm in allowing us the ability to have several depots (as described above) in a single house. When the intention is not to exploit the depots for unlimited space, it would seem this solution would be lighter on the servers than tracking multiple houses just for a depot.
  2. Steelak Member

I would be happy if they brought back the small harvest depot but put house-lore tag on it so we can still make and sell them and have a place for our rares or holiday items in our crafting houses. And/or put more security options on the depots so we can set common mats different than rare ones.
  3. Gnaff Active Member

I think the best option here would be to return the ability to make small Depots but come up with a way to only have 4 in any given house. Put the word out before hand that if someone has more then 4 of the small ones in a house at the time they are brought back that all but 4 would be lost in the conversion. Just make it so only 4 of the smalls can be put into a house along with the Large depot and call it done.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Lore or not lore. Anything else would be a major coding nightmare.
  5. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Being able to sort types of harvests seems to be the main reason ( if only reason) for wanting small depots.
    To be able to filter by type as well as put permissions by type on the large one should fix that.
    It would also be a boon to guildhalls!
    Why not check boxes like the one for collections depot for usable ?
    Rares , holiday event, frostfell, apprentice recipes.
    Endara likes this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

I second this request to make permission by type
    Cloudrat likes this.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Let me add the small request to make the White Adronment chest hold any adornment that is TRADEABLE. Previously that was only the white ones. Things have changed.
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, please!
  9. Ahupu Well-Known Member

As Rotherian pointed out the teleport pads you can buy at the city festival have a 4 per house limit so the mechanic is already present it is a matter of applying it to small harvest depots.
  10. Katz Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't see why all the angst over having more than one small depot in a house. You can have a large depot in what? 20 houses per character now? So it is so bad to have a few small depots to keep things organized, it would be better to have someone have a large depot per house x all the houses x all the characters?

Now lets zone, zone, zone, and disconnect when we zone. Won't that be fun?

But didn't anyone think this through when they decided that small depots are bad bad bad. You can have infinite storage with large depots and many characters with many houses now. Why don't you just let people set up convenient places to store things and cut down on zoning. I really don't think it will be game breaking.

As it is I dc constantly in this game. I don't in other games. Anything that cuts down zoning is a plus for me.
  11. Deaby Member

If putting them in your moving crate and than taking the one out you would need may help also. just another idea
  12. iceverything Master of Respawning

The small harvest box cant be made anymore. Only the large one BUT if you have the old version, small one, it can be put in a house along with the large one. So can have the small hold rares and bit hold everything else.