Personal Harvest Depot (small) Bugged?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ocarinah, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I was in the process of updating some player-made books on crafting, adding the new personal depots. I wanted to know how many brellium ore is used to make the personal harvest depot (small). I went to my simple workbench and it made personal harvest depot (large). I went to my elaborate workbench and only completed 1 line but again it made a personal harvest depot (large). I asked in homeshow channel and someone thought only completing 3 lines made a personal harvest depot (small) but rest make the large one which doesn't make sense at all. I went onto eq2.eqtraders.com to look it up and this is what it says..."The actual Personal Harvest Depot recipe doesn't change ... much. It still uses the same ingredients as it did. However, if you finish only the first, second or third quality bar's progress, you will make the 100-harvest Personal Harvest Depot (Small), and if you finish all four quality levels, you will make the 1000-harvest Personal Harvest Depot (Large)."

Someone else said that maybe the small version was removed and can only make the large now. However, I never saw anything in the patch notes. I did bug report it but was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with this depot. Thanks!
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same tried last week to make a small harvest depot for a guildmate and all I got even though only going to the 1st bar got the 1000 slot large depot can someone tell us if this was a ninja change or if it is an actual bug?
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Lots of people were asking about this cuz they went to make a small depot. Hopefully it is just a bug and it will be fixed. I need the small ones to store rares that I don't want house visitors to use but do want to allow them to use common mats.
  4. Senya Well-Known Member

I also wanted a few small depots, but there's no way to make them currently. I've sent a /bug report about it. /fingers crossed that this is fixed soon.
  5. Caith Developer

The small harvest depots being created at below pristine combine levels was a bug. The small harvest depots allowed potentially unlimited storage due to the exploit that allowed more then one to be placed in a single home. Changing those depots so that they could not have multiple placed in a single home would have had a pretty negative impact on those that already had multiple depots placed, so instead we removed the lore tag and changed the recipe to provide the new (large) depot.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

That's disappointing. =(

The whole time in testing the recipe made non-lore small depots on lines 1-3 and a lore large depot at the final pristine line. The fact it was so talked about & people happily thanking devs for the changes and it went live that way makes it even more disappointing that it would have been otherwise.
    Sambril likes this.
  7. Caith Developer

Unfortunately the issue was caught very late in beta, and it was corrected too late to prevent it from going live. And further unfortunately the note for the bugfix got lost in the shuffle and didn't get posted to the patch notes.
  8. Senya Well-Known Member

With a 1,000 limit in the large depot we've got virtually unlimited storage anyway. Why does anyone even care how many harvests we have in our houses? With guild harvesters, pack ponies, harvest goblins, and bountiful harvest I doubt many of us feel the need to stockpile a house with 400 small depots all filled to the brim.

The small depots were great as a way to sort out specialty items and although there might be a few people who would just pile a home full of the small ones the vast majority of us have a large one for basic harvests and more general usage (friends, even visitors) and a few small ones for things like T10 adorning materials, rares, and holiday harvests that we want only trustees to have access to.

Changing this after it went live and "losing" the note for the patch notes in the process really seems like an underhanded way of just hoping that we didn't notice.
    Afista and Karrane like this.
  9. Reisu New Member

Could just have another Harvest Depot in game and call it a Private Harvesting Depot with access that is only for owner and trustee and with an item limit of maybe 50-100. Make it House-Lore like the rest so only one per home. That would cover the people who were using the Small Harvesting Depot for storage of rares and things that wanted to keep to themselves.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

This brings about a great point. With the large depot holding 1000 stacks & 10s of thousands in each stack how was it exploitive to have the ability to toss other small depots in the house to hold as others stated rares, holiday goods, results from transmutations & the like? There are only like 24-25ish items per tier (including rares, imbuing materials, & dropped meats) & only 10 tiers of harvestables currently. There is a huge amount of room already available in the harvest depot.

I fail to see the exploitive potential of having a handful of small depots seperating out rares, holiday harvestables, etc so you could have different permissions for them. I have my house open, friends (mostly guildmates) can come in and use my crafting tables, fuel & commons depot if the need it. I (luckily apparently) had some small depots & placed one in my crafting house to hold holiday items which I keep restricted to trustees only. Likewise with my rares in another depot & transmuted things in yet another. I am not really using up more space, I just have the depots more organized.
  11. Caith Developer

Having a smaller version of the depot for special items is something we may be able to do and we'll talk about it, however the old (small) depots had effectively an unlimited storage capacity, which needed to be addressed.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Each house may only have a maximum of four teleport pads in it.

The reason I mention this is that it implies that there is something already within the code that allows multiple instances of the same item while still having a maximum "cap" to the number that may be placed in the house. All that should remain is figuring out how to adapt the limiting code to the small depots.

This allows players a measure of control over what items are able to be used by visitors (and what items are restricted). It also allows a maximum capacity of 1400 (assuming that the same instance count cap - i.e. four - is applied to the small depots) unique items within a given house, so that removes the unlimited storage issue. Win-win situation. :)
    Dulcenia likes this.
  13. Caith Developer

The small depot always had a limitation of one per house previous to the change, the issue arose when an exploit was used to circumvent that limitation.
  14. Senya Well-Known Member

I still fail to see what was so game breaking about this, even if it was an unlimited amount of storage for raw harvestables.

I use about 200sh of my large depot slots and 10-80sh slots in my small depots. I'm not coming anywhere close to 1,000 unique items yet, even with multiple smalls and a large.

You can't put anything in those small depots other than harvesables. Is having more than 99,999 flying fish or rhenium ore in a single house really something to be overly concerned about?
    Finora likes this.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

What exactly is the issue with not having the smaller depots?

It holds everything
    It only takes up 1 house slot (If it took up 10, decorators would complain...)

Why exactly would you want 5 smaller ones instead of 1 big one? If its a matter of access, then its not a Personal Depot is it? Use a guild hall one if you want to share it with other people that aren't yourself/alts.
    Avirodar likes this.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

Because not everyone is in a guild? Because not all of everyone's friends are in the same guild? Because they just want to? Because some people allow the general public access to consume but not remove from their common depot but don't want the world to have access to their rares?
    JanEQ and Karrane like this.
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Then use 2 houses?

SoE fixed an exploit, which in turn expanded upon the features they'd already given to crafters to utilize their own homes.
    Think how difficult it would be code wise for multiple Depots in a house, if they all had different settings, and then you go to use a crafting table, which box does it use?
    If you want to use different access levels, use different houses, and work around how things are intended, rather than trying to consume developer time on small issues.
    Dendrelis, Kuulei, Grundge and 2 others like this.
  18. Karrane Well-Known Member

Exactly Finora!!

I love having my stuff organized. I don't want just anyone to have access to my rares. I don't want the Xmas stuff messed into the reg stuff =P. I like my adorn stuff to have its own box.

I used to help stock the GH harvest box. I love to harvest so I would add a lot to it on a reg basis. But it never seemed to fail that when I went to craft something to work on one of my houses the box would be lacking the mats I would need. I didn't mind ppl leveling up on the mats in the box but very few ppl besides me added to it.

So.... I craft in my house... always... And I don't run out of mats =)

I love the small harvest boxes!!
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I had a depot for transmutes in my adorners house. Randomly after that, my BL had the depot for holiday mats, warlock had the one for rares....never gathered them to the same house during the time they were non lore...why would I?
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

because while I don't mind friends coming in and using my common mats my rares, holiday and speical mats I need to keep for my other tradeskill alts. I can set teh big one as friend and teh smaller ones as trustee