Paperdoll in Sig out of alignment

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-LordSethos, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-rpg_asmadi Guest

I spoke with a TSR on what is going on with the station stuff. It makes me a little ill that they have a way for you to pay for such a service and NOTHING is updated. My character is almost 71 and still shows 48, the graphics aren't working properly in the sig, I can't speak with my guild in guild chat while at work on the station site, the guild I'm in is not even listed in the AB server guild list, etc, etc.
    Response: "We know there's a problem and working to get it fixed no ETA."
    My Response: "Then why is SOE still allowing people to sign up and pay for something they know is currently broken?"
    Seems like they would take this down, or not allow people to sign up, OR warn them before signing up there's currently issues with this service and they are signing up "as is."
    If I had known there were issues with the service I would not have signed up for it until after this service was revamped to work better, or at the least the current service updating properly.
  2. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Add me to the set of folks having the same problem. >_<
    It was just fine until I updated Pheep's image to show her new appearance yesterday.
    I remade the .jpg yet again, even deleted the code in the signature maker and reloaded it, nada.
    /sigh
  3. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Yeah, mine's been out of wack (responded earlier in the thread) for quite a while now, and I updated another picture this morning in hopes that this issue was fixed. Can we get some sort of ETA, or at least recognition that this is, indeed, an issue?
  4. ARCHIVED-DJReilly102 Guest

I am getting the same issue, hopefully this will be fixed sooner than later. :(
  5. ARCHIVED-Palathas Guest

Still happening. I have this issue with at least 6 of my characters.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Here's two of them...
  6. ARCHIVED-Sandyana Guest

Oh no... I wish I had seen this thread before updating my paperdoll. So it had been 4 months and no fix?
    Has anyone found a workaround for this issue? The image looks fine in the profile page...
  7. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

The only workaround I can think of isn't much of a workaround at all... You can split your paperdoll image in half horizontally, giving it a top half and a bottom half. Move the bottom to the top, and vice versa, then save it and upload it to EQ2 Players.
    That will "fix" your sig, but then the paperdoll on your profile will be wierd. (Although the "fix" might be iffy...since now the bottom half of your character will be missing, but at least you'll be able to see their face.)
    Otherwise, there's nothing to do but wait until they get around to fixing the sig-generating code. There's nothing that we as end users can do (except what I mentioned above) to make it any different.
    If I had access to the source code, I could probably fix it in about 5 or 10 minutes...but I don't. *sigh*
  8. ARCHIVED-Uggliey Guest

<--- Another who has a FUBAR sig. Fix your your frelling system SOE.
    Add to it that the shield my character is using NEVER shows up in the character inspection. People pay for this service? Sad.
  9. ARCHIVED-Odinsblade Guest

Seems the issue still needs to be resolved,

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Add me to the list.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Oh and apparently VanguardPlayers is having a similar issue with their signature pics...go figure. /shrug

[IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Atreyubeat Guest

It's been about 4 months for me as well. But I will keep checking back! Keep this post alive!
  12. ARCHIVED-Morphix Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Uggliey Guest

This is beyond pathetic at this point. They should just scrap the entire system if they do not intend to update or refine it. It's just an embarsment.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

I apologize for this inconvenience, I realize how frustrating it can be, however I would like to inform you that this is a know issue and we are working on a fix for it. As far as an ETA goes that I can not give you, but as soon as I get word of a fix I will make sure to post it.
    If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
  15. ARCHIVED-talpsrood Guest

Question is: Why does it take over 4 months to fix such a small issue??? It really looks tacky when we use this sig for emails and all...not reflecting a very good light on SOE, but it seems they are getting used to that..sad...
  16. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Unfortunately, I can not answer that question, however Station Players is a vested interest of mine and I hope to get some changes made for the better. Just know your concerns and issues are not lost, but are in fact being heard.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ixliam Guest

Same thing for me as well, I'm floating and you can only see my feet.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lachisistsao Guest

It works perfectly before, I don't know why they take 4 months but can't fix such a small problem like this.
    Same problem happened in their guild chat service. It been more than 1 year but I still can't login their chat server...

They only want our money....
  19. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Lachisis, can you give any more details on your issue with the chat system? Also when was the last time you logged into guild chat? We recently had a fix go live for the guild chat last week. Which I have logged into every day since to check for both functionality and stability and I have not encountered any issues yet.
  20. ARCHIVED-Lachisistsao Guest

Dougdoug wrote:
    Well, last time I tried to login chat system is about one month ago. It say something is wrong and couldn't access. But I can login now, seems you guys did fix it. Great work, I can chat with my guild when I am working now.
    Thank you guys, I appreciate it!!