Paperdoll in Sig out of alignment

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-LordSethos, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Zethallon Guest

I won't bump but just curious if there are any further updates? I just started playing again recently and was disappointed that this has been an issue for awhile.
  2. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

While I know you want these things fixed, have you considered moseying over to the Signatures Forum and commissioning a custom sig?
  3. ARCHIVED-StealthM0de Guest

Add meh to the list. I recently tried to add a paperdoll image to the sig banner and poof. I are half the wood elf I used to be.
    On a lighter note I think I may request a custom sig in the sig forums....
  4. ARCHIVED-Laurentis87 Guest

Well I just got my account on the 12th and I added a paperdoll image and it appeared like that. I hate it because I want to show off my character and their stats. I see now that it's been literally like 5 months and no fix... so I can only hope I get lucky to get into the game around the time they fix it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Umbriel Guest

I got the same problem here...
  6. ARCHIVED-Necrophon Guest

Same problem. it looks like my poor little rat can't take life in Qeynos... *sadpanda*
  7. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Same problem here as well... but it does not happen to some older sigs I made for other characters... odd.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Living Legacy is nearly OK. This is the paperdoll image:
    [IMG]
    => not nicely centered.
    [IMG]

And indeed, compare the paperdoll image above and then when it's been put in the sig. Half of the image is not visible.
    For work-around, better zoom in to your upper body half and put it at the bottom half of your paperdoll image!
    [IMG]

UPDATE: fixed mostly :)
  9. ARCHIVED-TSR-KenC Guest

I'd like to ask anyone that's having this issue to send a PM my way with the following info:

Account name:
    EQ/EQ2?:
    Character Name:
    Server:
    Estimate date of when it you noticed it occurring:

I can send the requests off to the necessary team to check into this. If you have done so before with our phone/chat/E-mail support, please let me know as well.
  10. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

TSR-KenC wrote:
    You don't need to look far. Every person who has updated their paperdoll image since this bug began is having this problem. It has been going on since October of last year at least. All servers, all characters that have updated their paperdoll for EQ2. Vanguard is having similar issues, apparently.
    People have tried everything from phone support to petitions to posting here in order to get a fix for the issue. All attempts have been met with a generic "The team is aware of the issues and is working on a fix, no ETA."
    A fix does NOT take seven months. As with almost every other problem on EQ2Players that has not been fixed for even longer, despite the "team" being made aware of it.
    People have even started reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. In fact, I'm debating the same and highly encourage it, since this may be the only way to get them to either start fixing their paid service, or stop charging for it.
    While I (and I'm sure others) appreciate your concern, KenC, I fear that your attempt to inform said "team" of this, or any other, issue will result in the same level of service this site has been receiving for over a year:
    None at all.
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-KenC Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    It's completely understandable that you feel as much with the level of support provided in that case so far. However, I'm unsure how any reporting has been handled so far and I'd like to personally give a go at getting this fixed.
    The best way, I've seen, to show that there is a problem that needs to be fixed is to gather said information I've requested and send it off; one by one if necessary, until there's a gargantuan pile of requests. So then I can rightfully say "Look how serious this is! I have all this information."
    Even if I only get a few lists of information, I'll still push for it. But in this case - the more, the marrier.
  12. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

From what I can see on the laughable BBB site, SOE is not a part of it, so what does it to telling them?

Granted it would be nice to have the dolls in line on the sigs, but is it worth reporting something like this to a joke company like the BBB?
  13. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Kithal@Permafrost wrote:
    First, the bit about the BBB. Sony Online Entertainment is not accredited by the BBB. This is because the parent company, Sony Corporation of America is. Complaints about SOE are best directed to the parent company that is accredited and will actually respond to the complaints.
    That being said, this is not just about the paperdoll sigs. Can you seriously look at this forum and tell me that you thought that was the only problem with the website? This site hasn't been properly updated with anything but patch fixes to guild chat in well over a year. That means that viable bugs and broken features have been blatantly ignored by the web team for that long. I'd say that is worth the five minutes to file the report, since people are paying for this service on a monthly basis.

Edit to add: Kithal, please don't mistake me. My goal here has always been to see the EQ2Players site and all its features working correctly. I think needing to go as far as reporting any company to the BBB is rediculous and shows a complete breakdown in trust in business relations. The funny part is that some real communication from the non-existent web team combined with some substantial progress on their part would mend much of this damaged trust.
    However, I will stop here for fear of completely derailing the purpose of this thread.
  14. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

TSR-KenC wrote:
    KenC, the personal attention is appreciated with regards to getting even this one issue fixed.
    I know the "pile of complaints" method may be the only way to solve this and wish you the best of luck in doing so. I just don't know how effective this will be since many people have already given up completely on the site and this forum.
    Anyway, it really is easy to find cases where this has occured simply by cruising the forums here. I have not heard of one person that has updated their paperdoll since this began that is not having this problem.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

My own experiences sofar: trying to get the solution fixed top down (as in: proper and quick support) is over my head and also the concerned TSRs here. I won't speculate about the current website, code that's behind it or if there's currently a team working on it.
    Therefore, I go for the bottom up solution. And it works. Try to get in touch with one of the many TSRs who really care. I did it when my EQ2Players.com info didn't update. They make an internal ticket about your issue and then you can provide with all the info. The bottom up way works too, the more people contact TSRs, the more they can show their bosses the issues.
    So, now I'm also providing TSR-KenC with the info he needs to get it fixed, even while it's on this incident basis. Remember, the more people do it, the more it goes up in the pyramid.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Zanark@Splitpaw wrote:
    Hmm, no reply/confirmation of TSR-KenC after 2 weeks..
  17. ARCHIVED-Ishnar Guest

I just added myself to the list. Hopefully it will grow long enough to get some attention.
  18. ARCHIVED-TSR-KenC Guest

I certainly haven't forgotten! I've been slowly recieving PMs with the necessary information since I requested it and the list is getting bigger.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Honestly, the paperdoll issue is an extremely minor one. How about focusing on the fact that EQ2Players is is just completely out of whack? Deleted characters and transferred characters being shown as active toons for weeks and months? Gear updates and discoveries that take forever to update, or are never shown at all? Achievement listings that are out of whack .. supposedly I have 526 spent points on my main toon. Oh really? 526, when the cap is 200? Yeah, that's excellent.
    There is something rotten in Denmark, and it's more than just the player's paperdoll being out of alignment. And this is a service that players are paying money to access. It would be nice if someone at SOE actually took the service seriously. Personally, I've sent in petitions and the response has been basically "sorry, it is what it is".
  20. ARCHIVED-Sylvery Guest

I am having this problem too, with the paperdoll in my banner, I know its not the end of the world, but giving a service of banner creation that is not working for many months is a little bit disapointing. I hope it will be fixed soon because I don't feel like creating mine from a screenshot.. I really prefer to have a dynamic one with the stats of what ive done so far with my character.