Panda, Panda, Panda: Checkout Line

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Evilary, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Ah, ok. So there are less furniture packs than weeks. Huh.
    Taled likes this.
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

I completed the quest before the update and there was no furniture packs. Once the update applied there were furniture packs. I'm going to be nice(so unlike me) and think they will drop more furniture packs over the next updates before they are needed. It is showing furniture packs for week 1, 2, 3, 4. If they were not giving us all, surely they would have done something more like week 1, 3, 5, 7 or something.
  3. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I picked them up before the update. You had to scroll all the way down in the giant confusing sea of available items to see them.
  4. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

I'm in the programming industry, for 4 decades now. Going to have to be brutal here.

First, if this work demonstrates the caliber of the existing developer talent, I wouldn't want to work with them. Who codes something and says "Yep, that'll work fine!" without testing it, and throws it into production? Reminds me of many of the consultants I've encountered, people with "5 years experience", which is actually the same 6 months experience 12 times over.

Second, it's programming. Who needs to be local to the servers? For over a decade now, getting into physical proximity to the servers I work on requires a lot of paperwork, thanks to physical security requirements. If I have to connect remotely anyway, why would it make a difference if I do it from a desk in an office across the parking lot, or a desk in my study across the country?

Lastly, before you ask, no I don't want to work for them for financial reasons as well; they can't afford me. Which is directly on point to what Blambil said, that you are attempting to rebut; basically, you get what you pay for.
    Quiarrah likes this.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I only do the Panda quests for the house items, so I'm hoping they add more boxes after the first four.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I could work remotely. . . I don't have to be there.
  7. girney Active Member

i thought we only had to do the weekly panda quest once per account. so far i have had to do it for each toon
  8. Ichoris Well-Known Member

You can do it on each character if you want but don't have to. Once you do it on one it will allow the others to buy all the items. At least is has for me so far and all prior years. If it's not working then it's a bug.
    Forestchild likes this.
  9. girney Active Member

in the past, once i did it on my main, the quest feather no longer appeared for my alts. now it does.
  10. Forestchild Well-Known Member

it opens up all the items on the Panda once 1 character has completed all the quests for all ALTs on the account.

You can test this by going to your "currency' tab, and checking to see if you see the access coin things. Like mine I see 9 of each from 2017-2022, and 2023 has 3 currently, and it shows up on all characters on that account.

On my zerker once I finished the last quest and turned in. the Feather disappeared. if you still have a feather mean you still have quests to be done.
  11. girney Active Member

the feather disappears for my main but still appears for all of my alts even tho the currency is the same for all. in the past, once my main did the quest, the feather did not appear for any alt but they could still buy the same gear as my main.
    Lateana likes this.