Panda, Panda, Panda: Checkout Line

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Evilary, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Evilary Well-Known Member

This new panda quest for week 1 has several people upset already. It appears the acorn for the first part only spawns in 1 location and have a 5 to 7 minute respawn timer. I apparently got very lucky on finding it and got 8 server discoveries on the rewards from it. There was no bag of furniture items this time, just max level gear and adornments that I found.

This was my first time being on for it when it dropped. Got to say, it sure has went downhill from what you guys used to do.
    SolarFaire, Beee, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  2. Aggy Active Member

Thanks for finding it for us! And I agree, having one thing spawning only every 5-7 mins is going to get old. Hopefully the rest of the weeks don't have that. Luckily we were all patient enough to stand in line and wait our turn, some won't get so lucky.
    SolarFaire, Krafoogoo and Mellody like this.
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Some things don't seem to be correct yet, some of the new runes have the same names as the old ones, etc. I think there's still a lot that needs to be patched and corrected.

Also, some of the runes are only available in the wrong colors, where you would never use them because you would never move out fervor runes for these other runes etc.

Updates for runes such as witness, glory, juxtaposition and championship are also missing.
    And so on ...
    SolarFaire and Beee like this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

[IMG]

An example for the wrong name of the adornments..
    Would guess it should be a Budding Botanist's Rune ;)
    SolarFaire, Bhayar and Nunja like this.
  5. Smashey Well-Known Member

Even on a dead server such as AB getting the acorn is awful.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Just call me the Acorn Thief.
    Now if I could just steal that Acorn container, it would all be good.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Where in Archer woods is this thing? What's it look like?
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

/way -711, -3, 608
    6 min respawn timer and not a group pling
    SolarFaire likes this.
  9. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

If you've ever watched a guide try to hand a quest out in this game and have a hundred rude players stomp all over that guide as the players try to scramble to be first even WITH it being a group update, you'd know that having a single spawn of a needed quest item with a long respawn time is pretty much torture for us players. And it doesn't even update a group, it's all individual. Like the rest of the artificial timesinks in the game right now that seem to be installed just to try to hide the lack of actual content, this is unpleasant. It's not engagement to scramble against a whole server of people for a single spawn of this 'fun' quest item.

Even if you're only one of five people standing there, with a 5-7 minute wait time between these spawns that's a lot of time standing there just waiting in a precarious line depending on the tact and patience of others. Imagine then being the sixth person waiting in that line and in roars player_08 to swoop in and click the thing as soon as it spawns and yell, "It's contested! You can't stop me! This is how it works! Hahahahaha!"

In a game with the few remaining players already forcing themselves to endure the rest of this disastrous expac in hopes that the new content will be different, this is a terrible decision. Especially something we were looking forward to as a pleasant and stress-free 'fun' event that would probably not add to our growing frustration.

Quite the opposite.
    Twyla, SolarFaire and Nunja like this.
  10. Nunja Well-Known Member

I giant trophy cup
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

There definitely is a bag of furniture this time.
    Feara likes this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

When I read this on our guild Discord channel, I was flabbergasted. I'm sorry, but what person thought a single acorn dropping every 6 minutes for an entire server to start a quest was a good idea. I keep thinking that someone in San Diego is going to wake up and ask, "what the hell were we thinking to do that," but sadly, it appears the disease is more rampant than I thought. I apologize if I've offended anyone, but I'm seriously wondering if there's any one person remotely in charge capable of conscious thought. I mean, think about it. One acorn every 6 minutes that only one person can click on for an entire server to start a long running annual quest that many people look forward to. I'm laughing because I'm reminded of the movie "Jaws" when the skipper looks at the shark cage and says, "You're getting into the cage. The cage goes into the water. The shark is in the water." And walks away smiling and whistling a tune.
    SolarFaire, Quiarrah and Igochan like this.
  13. girney Active Member

great job by the devs.
    Breanna and Beee like this.
  14. Igochan Active Member

I have a strange feeling that the devs want to kill their own game.
    Bhayar likes this.
  15. Evilary Well-Known Member

I will look later when I log on. Maybe it was hidden behind the update this morning but it definitely was not there last night.
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

17. Elgo Member

More and more playing eq2 feels like beeing part an psychological experiment. How far can the devs go with their weird descions before the last players leave the game.
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Am I sensing sarcasm, haha?
    girney likes this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

BF Skinner ran a famous experiment involving pigeons. I think DBG is using that as a basis for decisions. The pigeons eventually died, so I'm guessing we don't have far to go for the end.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

After getting the acorn i would change it to at least 10 different locations and a single 30 min respawn timer... :cool:

(hopefully you see the large sacrasm)