Outside of raiding luclin has no content

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, May 12, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I figured that the Discord bans were not "out of the blue" but persistent, longstanding antagonism from some people.

As an objective observer, I'd like to hear the full story (post history) and not just the one-off incident.
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

1) You are far from an objective observer. Your sole intent is to "stir the pot" (what Twitter refers to as a "poop-posting") in an attempt to either garner attention, or prove how much you know/how intelligent you are.

2) If you'd like to hear the full story, you should, I dunno, actually get on Discord. Much like EQ2, you continue to remark on things you are obviously lacking knowledge of.

3) Continuously editing and/or replying to yourself does not reinforce or make your inane statements stronger. Facts do - you had a real shot at making a legitimate point with your opinion on the F2P model, and managed to thoroughly undercut yourself.
    Gillymann likes this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Please don't derail or lock this thread. I was simply remarking at dirgenoob's point - quite fairly and civilly - that there are two sides to a story.

Edit: Mods can delete my posts or move them to the other 2 Discord ban threads (made by Wulfgyr and Kreather).
  4. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Oh, you do quite enough derailing and locking of threads on your very own, no help needed there. Though I'm sure Dreamweaver appreciates your permission to do his job; stating it (again) doesn't lend legitimacy to your comments.

Of course, there also seems to be a pathological need to have the last word, which probably comes into play as well.
    Gillymann, Spindle and Erudinel like this.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am asking to delete my posts if it is being misconstrued.

I don't want this thread locked.

Ignored.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Here's an idea: Try doing that by PM.

Well that would be a first.
    Ratala, Gillymann and Erudinel like this.
  7. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

So sad, another valid thread derailed by side banter and falling in the list of topics...

If we're stuck with overseers as the focus of the gear treadmill now, how about we re-implement overseers all together.

Instead of giving us a menu to stare at, give us in game representations of our overseer agents via NPC's. Where you can summon them in game like a pet. Or place them in your house. Give us the ability to send them on tasks by interacting with them in game. And have them return to us or to your house when they are done. At least in this way it would feel more natural and not like I am playing "menuseers"...

You could even take it a step further and allow you to accompany your overseer on their mission. Obviously that would involve tying it to something tangible in game though (quests) and not have it rely solely on some time delayed RNG outcome. So some effort would actually be needed by players to accomplish the mission if they go on it with the overseer and ofcourse some effort would actually be required of the devs to build quests around it.
    Breanna and Wulfgyr like this.
  8. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Those are really interesting concepts (especially placing agents in housing, like the research assistants)! And to keep the tradeskiller faction included, roll the research assistants into it as agents for more crafter-related missions.

For missions where you are accompanying the 'agent,' perhaps they could use the mercenary framework and have the agent replace your normal merc for the duration of the mission. That would allow consideration of the various traits on a per mission basis. :D
    Breanna and Erudinel like this.
  9. Warlyx Active Member

chanve overseer missions to solo missions that u get to help your overseers discovering some intel

Kill a random named mob around that has some paper with info

Visit a place and discover X

kill x number of mobs to discover Y

w/e but click click click wait hours click click click
    Erudinel likes this.