Outside of raiding luclin has no content

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, May 12, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Is the bandwidth congested in San Diego?
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Everything is cookie cutter hub and instances off of hubs and its so boring. Where is the adventure and exploring. Where are the unique items. Everything is copy pasted with a bit more resolve and DPS mod. Where are the unique weapon and armor models.

I loved exploring huge zones and questing through them and obtaining unique looking items and just seeing other players do stuff in the world. It's like they are forcing us to not socialize. Where are the cool raid quests we used to have where we had to travel around the world? Where are the heritage quests? Where are the long quest chains in the world. Overseer quests are not quests and should never replace real quests.

Why did we skip gearing through heroic instances, what a waste of the first week or two forcing people to actually play the game together before jumping into raiding.

Overseer quests are not quests and should never replace real quests.

As for the raid lag they said on discord they moved some things around yesterday on discord but it didnt seem to do much for anyone.
    Quillyne, Dude, Feldon and 6 others like this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

4. Warlyx Active Member

think that u payed the same (if not more) for Luclin than for DOF , KoS , EoF , RoK

10% of the content full the price , with more stick and less carrot!
    Kheldar likes this.
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Your kidding, I hope
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Ditto.
  7. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

W
    We'll get the other 3/4 of the BoL expansion?
  8. Jamzez Active Member

Reach for the stars with 10 levels of new Spells and Combat Abilities. It's been five month's and spells are still missing unless you pay for the upgrade that's false advertising can I get a refund?
    Quillyne, Warlyx and Argosunited like this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Ofc she is. Check the emoticon. That should have been your clue, haha
    Argosunited likes this.
  10. Warlyx Active Member

uhm what? :eek:

and yeah they are kinda forced to add new lvls and new spells in order to keep the cash flowing, i dodged that bulled called Luclin (TLE or other games hell i can play luclin on my mobile ! tons of game like that :rolleyes: ) , next expansion (adventure pack? ) is wait and see approach for tons of ppl thats for sure...
  11. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

What was the point of adding 10 new levels if you obtain those 10 levels in 30 minutes of gameplay?
  12. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Research income. I dont think they have added anything to the game the last couple of years to please the player base. Everything needs to have the option to spend DBC on it before they will implement it.
    Mermut, Dude and Erudinel like this.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

On the flip side, everyone and their mother would moan and groan about the grind.

If you look at EQ1, you need like 3 months of grind to get levels 111-115 if you bypass the partisan and mercenary tasks completely. And yes, people moaned and groaned on EQ1.
  14. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Or, they are pleasing the player base by having adventure levels more easily obtained (complete half of the BoL sig line). Honestly, they could have more easily milked people with grind by encouraging P2W/Pay to Shortcut upgrades and subscriptions (since they need to grind longer).

Additionally, there would be about 10-20 "I hate the grind" and "Grind means I have to P2W to kill faster" threads if this weren't the case. There were already a few threads complaining about how Seru solos take like 3 hours for some people.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Quest content is the foundation of the game. The focus of this thread is the lack of content outside of the signature quest line and raiding. If you want to talk about grinding levels or EQ1, maybe you can start a thread about that.
  16. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am responding to Erudinel and Dirgenoobforreal as to the motives behind the new quest and grind model (BoL's adventure sig line interlinking the two). I am also using analogies (EQ1 - which is closer to the old EQ2 model) to illustrate the counterpoint.

The current quest/grind (sig line) model in EQ2 actually helps casual players. (And raiders can focus on raiding, and upgrading gear and stats sooner). People won't have to sweat out the grind.

Edit: I bought a second BoL expansion for a friend and he was pleasantly surprised by dinging 120 after Seru solos during sig line. He was actually discouraged by the Ascension grind from previous expacs. (I am more "hardcore").

Edit 2: I don't believe this point deviates from the thread. But if Dreamweaver believes so, I can make a thread asking for feedback as to BoL's sig line fast leveling (quest-grind praxis).
  17. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

Why would it have to be a grind? What constitutes a grind to you?

Even if it takes a week or two to get those 10 levels it would have been a significant improvement over the 30 minutes it took me on launch day with little to no effort, just following a few !'s above some NPC heads.

So instead lets not include any meaningful reason to get out into the game world and instead make the grind a popup window where "you can imagine what your overseer agents are out doing on a quest" instead...

+1 for creativity for making people use their "imagination" to experience "content" these days.
  18. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

If you did half of the BoL sig line in 30 minutes, you probably didn't bother to read the dialogue or lore. You probably clicked through everything so Overseer might actually be more of your playstyle. You admit to looking for the "few !'s above some NPC heads."

Grind means killing mobs for XP (Adventure to Ascension) which was the main mode to level from launch. Devs actually listened to the players who complained about the onerous Ascension grind before Panda and Ascension Boosts.

The BoL sig line, in the developers' eyes - at least, is the "Epic" quest.

Yes, I also thought BoL sig line was easier and shorter (even a bit rote) than CD sig line. But several players came on the boards heaping praise for the BoL sig line.

Quest design and implementation probably require a ton of resources. Writing dialogue, programming interactions and effects, allocating zone assets, and the general trade-off from other content (i.e. raids). To put it into perspective, even EQ1 developer Ngreth chimed in on a recent thread about new EQ1 epic quests:

19. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

it wasn't even half the quest line. I hit 120 after the first quest in the Blinding. But thanks for interjecting what you think happened as fact, that seems to be a common theme with you in these forums. Didn't your mother ever teach you what happens when you assume?

Kind of hard to follow along for any real length of time due to the fact that the number of quests that it took to achieve 120 was so few with little dialog to begin with, in fact the zoning and the dialog on those quests was the lengthiest portion on my grueling grind to 120... Do you even speak satire?

Overseer is an okay mini game. But it no way should it have been considered as a replacement for real content. Not sure how you get off twisting what I said and making it out that overseers are right up my alley. BUT, it is typical of you.
    SynergyBlaize likes this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I didn't get level 120 until Aurelian Coast. My friend did get 120 after Echelon of Order. There is another mechanic in play here. Stored XP? It sounds like a serious bug imo.

Again, if you got Level 120 after The Blinding, then there's a bug or you're pulling my leg. BoL sig line dialogue lengthened in Sanctus Seru to the point where most people probably clicked through it all. Unfortunately, Kander probably sees how most players see the game as a rat race to min-max (rather than roleplay or enjoy lore).

Do you read the dialogue and take your time with quests?