Ossuary: Choir of T'Vyl[Event Heroic]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Jodiph, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Clevemo Active Member

We killed it with a new group setup though not very feasible, guard/warden/mystic/templar/dirge/assassin ... I don't even raid end-game raiding content with that setup. We do what we have to do to get passed the first encounter ...

The problem I have with this encounter is the very end of the fight, the exponential -DR% combined with the amplified damage stacks on the "Legion of Many" named and the step damage increase of the "Sound of Screams" AoE when the "Legion of Many" named health hits 20% makes it so the group must LITERALLY be immune to damage for at least a minute at the 15% health mark and maintain a high positive DR until all the adds are killed. That's asking a lot even from high-end raiders.
  2. Xenord Member

@Gninja

Are you going to do something with Ubis. Not that I insist, but due to the fact that it can beat only one person, and you havn't time to fix resets, hard to kill him. And yet I do not like fight's 40minutes+, especially when it isn't fight for you. You just stay and see like your grupmates shadow-boxing.
  3. Trak Member

Killed finally with Berserker/Assassin/Dirge/Illy/Warden/Mystic. Poor channeler had to sit out the final fight :(
  4. Gninja Developer

Fixes for Ubis will be included in Tuesday Feb 24th update.
  5. Widem Active Member

Can you do something with the first encounter that lets at least one of the abilities for Furies be effective?

Like make screams be avoidable or something. This fight is purely built around outright avoiding damage or deathsaves and you purposely made it to where our class defining abilities don't work, which makes us useless.
  6. Widem Active Member

OR you could make screams tick every 4 sec instead of 8 at half the damage.

You cannot think that content revolving around avoiding 1 shot is good encounter design.
  7. Vasco Active Member

Gninja already said he's looking into fixing the dmg buff not decreasing correctly. Give him time to fix it.
  8. Clevemo Active Member

So, cold hands/feet, stiffened/cramped muscles, staying in one's chair for 2-4 hours ... all the side effects of doing this zone, coincidentally the same side effects as dialysis.

I one pulled first encounter, 2nd encounter, two pulls on 3rd ... two hours later SLR gear yay.
  9. Vasco Active Member

Still running 3 priests?
  10. Duele Active Member

The first name yeah, but it's doable with 2 priests there is just no incentive. It takes forever either way and you only ever wipe at 15% so may as well guarantee the kill.
  11. Gninja Developer

The 15% damage reduction is being removed for Tuesday's update as well. All it does is slow the fight down and the fight is long enough as it is.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  12. Xenord Member

Oh' those stoneskins.

[IMG]

Maybe should increase the timer auto attacks Legion to two seconds to avoid such absurdities?
  13. Duele Active Member

Was that on your dirge or a tank?

There is a problem for tanks on this fight. Stoneskins were meant to give damage immunity for 1 second, because of the successive hits in this expansion. The problem is this was instituted with damage reduction, not another stoneskin, so when this mob debuffs your damage reduction, you are no longer invulnerable for that 1 second.

Otherwise, I don't see an issue. If you don't execute the script perfectly, the consequences are severe. Not a fight to address game balance on, more than likely it's a fail on script.
  14. Vasco Active Member

Have you tried this fight? I mean if you found a working strat, please do share.
  15. Xenord Member

That was on tank. If you see carefully, you can observe that stoneskin absorb that attack, but it still passed through.
    Usually in this situation you have such lines in logs
    • Your stoneskin absorbs 1890247391
    • Sham/Chan absorbs 0
    • Legion attack you and inflicts 0 crushing damage
    So dmg reduction from "stoneskin reaction" wasn't the cause of death. Just server lag.
  16. Xenord Member

All the normal players know since the introduction of Gen'Ra that stoneskin even screwed them stoneskin reaction damn not work when mob do flurry and MA. And I am sure that the forum about this more than once raised a stink. But the question. Why do we step on the same rake twice
    [IMG]

Attack + Flurry + MA removes 5 stoneskins and 1 deadsave. COOOOOOOOOOOL event
  17. Ebofu Active Member

We were the first non-communists to clear it. Which is surprising because we are normally the slackers.

It's simply a fight to control increments. Anything above 4 and it grows exponentially. Also the spirit adds are currently bugged and don't increment down correctly, irrelevant after Tuesday.

So, adds spawn at 90, 70, 50, 30, 15. You get 4 legionnaires every round, and for every 2 legionnaires you kill, you spawn a spirit the next add set. Simple arithmetic gives you 12 adds at 15%. The trick of the fight is correctly spawning the final add set with specific increments. Should become easily apparent what to do if you give it some thought.
  18. Xenord Member

GNINJA!!!!!!!!!!!

Super apologies for second named! No need to be nerfed!!!!! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Event, which we realized only the sixth time passing zone. Best event I've ever seen!
  19. Vasco Active Member

That's the sequence that most have used since they fix the dmg buff upon reset. However, as stated before, the dmg from the debuff does not decrease unless you kill all the current add, which will spawn a lot of spirit next round and legion will start one shotting the group with his scream depending on what HP he's at.

Thus coming back to the original problem, which is unless you got 2-3 priests plus avoidance immunity tank to fight this fight, this is undoable by a traditional group, as the mechanic does not behave like it's suppose to. It's not a failure of condition to begin with, it's damn if you do, damn if you don't.
  20. Cian4ik Member

+1