Official HHE20 Sign ups!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aneylee, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/raise_hand :oops:

Not with this one yet, but I have in the past... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Is me again, Yep Me :)

Your probably tired of hearing from me, but we are doing the May 30th date. That is the end date for this event.

I have heard from several people that are having to adjust their lives due to their spouse/themselves working in a high risk area and needing to change their day to day life. Like come home, go in the laundry room, strip naked and put their clothes in the washer. I could not even imagine having to do that but I see where it is necessary for their home life to keep them safe.
    And then they feel the need to separate themselves from their loved ones to avoid getting anything.

We got this all, we are here if you need anything. Not sure about toilet paper but I am sure I can get some if someone needs hehe.

Again the Homeshow channel is here for you or send a message to me!

Love to you all

Aney~
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about the TP situation, and I seriously have this to offer: since we're all either learning how to do something other than push a button these days (Americans can still be resourceful! Whoda thunk in this day and age ["I have to -- >sob< cut my own hair?!" {which I have heard...} "Why, yes. Not all of us have been able to afford going to the salon every week. o celebrity. Deal with it."]), I vote we could learn to make our own paper, out of stuff we'd ordinarily recycle (like paper bags that we can't bring in any more to the store and newspapers. Clean stuff, or at least washed). Granted, there'd probably be some fluff involved, and I doubt it could be flushed, but a lot of TP alternatives can't, either... :-/ Honest! Get some 1x2 wood (or whatever equivalent that's around the house already), some nails, a square of screen mesh, and a plastic tub big enough to fit the resulting frame into. There's probably videos galore out there on how to make new paper from paper pulp. :)

On the other hand, I'm not sure how sanitary it would actually be, but other paper products are getting in short supply, too, from what I've heard. :-/

Uwk
  4. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Just a friendly bump so all know the event has been extended thru the end of May.

Some did not know so I wanted to bump this up so they know. Of course some do not come to the forums, I can be bad about that myself lol.

But please let folks know the extension date if asked in the Home Show Channel =)

I hope that you are all doing okay, not killing your spouse (Not a quest so you know) Dealing with the home schooling (Yep we can teach them all kinds of things) Like do this quest first and harvest this thing!

Just stay safe my friends!

*Hugs*
    Aney~
    draidean and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Updated the stickied thread to display extended end date.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

So it is confirmed, my headset mic doesn't work anymore. With everything maxed I could barely hear myself and it was covered with really bad noises. I asked hubby if I could get a new headset and he wants to wait to see if on sale for holiday cuz if I get new model he wants one too. Plus, not in stock until the 30th. I don't know how long it will take to ship even though we have prime. Silly Miss Rose Bud! We now have twist-ties a bunch of places for her to chew instead of keyboard, mouse and headset cords. The pen cap stopped working. She has ruined so many wands with whimpey cords on them cuz she chews through them in seconds.

Are there people lined up to do videos since a few people have been showing up on forums since I am not sure when I will be able to talk in videos? I am willing to do them if nobody offers to help but people will just have to be patient with me. Oh and I haven't forgotten about doing cat videos...waiting on it for new headset.
  7. elflover Well-Known Member

to me its all good even if they're silent videos, im understanding (bad kitty!). but i think mostly up to you hun.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

This will probably be my last house swap, as I've started a full time job working from home. I will be spending the majority of my day working from my computer, and after a long day of working and wearing a headset and not being able to really get up and move around much for most of the day, I will need time to get up and take a break. What little time I have to play, I don't think I am going to feel up to decorating much as my brain will be fried and...well....using the layout editor takes a lot of my brain power, lol. Soooo, for the most part, the little time I have to play, I will be adventuring....just popping in my homes to decorate a bit here and there, and that's probably about it.

I really enjoyed decorating for this swap and due to my layoff prior to getting this new job, I actually had a lot of time on my hands and was able to do so much more than I had anticipated. It was really nice to have time to focus on the home and still get done in plenty of time before the swap ended. I am very excited to see what my decorator did for me and I am also very excited for my swap-pee to see what I have done for them. Looking forward to seeing everyone's homes and glad we have nearly reached reveal date now.

Thank you, Aneylee for hosting this event, and to all her helpers as well. :)
  9. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I would be more than happy to do a few of them, if that would help. I can't promise they'll be uploaded immediately, like I used to be able to, as I return to work on Thursday and the swap ends on Saturday, and of course, mine would be silent versions as well still, but if it would help at all ease the burden on you feeling stressed about not being able to get them all done, I would absolutely be willing to video some of them. I'll likely be running around checking them all out after work anyway! :)
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am sure people would love you to do videos even if silent. I would appreciate the help too. I never have a problem with houses having more than one video as well. Whatever ones you or anyone else wants to video, go for it *happy dances*.

So I just checked on the headphones and they were 23% off with only 15 left in stock so I ordered them as fast as I could. Not waiting for the hubby to get his butt out of bed. Best part they are upgrade from current headphones AND they have blue accents which is my fav color and it is purplish blue which purple is my second fav color. *Starts singing badly while dancing*. I think it said I will receive them on Thursday.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome! Where did you get 'em from? :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Congrats, Merriel! :D If we have to see less of you these days (pout!), at least it's for the best of reasons! :D

What will you be doing? :) If you say, "customer support over the phone," well, rest assured, you'll get absolutely NO competition from me, and will, in fact, be in my thoughts and prayers. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hi all!

Sorry I have been MIA, real life has not been very nice atm lol.

Grats Marriell on your new job! You will so rock those PJ's with headset theme! I would love to work from home if I had the choice. But then again, hubby is kinda driving me crazy being home all the time working. He likes to come out of his office and tell me *Hey place that wall thingy there* And then walks away :rolleyes:

And as usual I forgot to line up videos so I thank you Oaky and Shanette for offering to do those. Your time is so much appreciated. Our events would not be complete without those! Maybe one day I will learn how to do those too!

I just want to thank everyone that has participated in this event and I am sure your homeowner will LOVE their new home!
    I do apologize for the delay, but there were alot of folks that could not log in to do their projects for different reasons and I just wanted to give them time to finish their ideas for you!

So excited that Eve is running SEHS2020 and now Noira is running UB2020. Make sure to see the post for UB2020 for sign up information. She is waiting on it!!

It is too late to sign up for the SEHS202 but you can still sign up for the UB2020!! New to decorating? Tip your toe in it now! On the fence, not sure about the craziness? Sign up!! I promise you will have a great time!

I just want to say that I love all of you and this community. I love how everyone comes together and gets things done.

*Hugs*

Aney~
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I got them from Amazon unfortunately but at least it wasn't Newegg (long story lol). I would have preferred to get from Microcenter but they didn't have a sale and I would have to go pick them up. I haven't been able to leave my house for a very long time cuz I am still sick with this dang virus that just doesn't go away. Since we plan on giving Microcenter some good business soon I feel a little better about it. What I buy....HyperX Cloud Alpha S
    Breanna, Cora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, silver lining; at least you got it for $30 off! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I wanted to correct my statement on the SEHS2020 event, It is NOT too late to sign up. My mind was thinking May 20th and not May 30th!

Sorry about that!

Aney~
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cora like this.
  17. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hi again,

How about we do reveal on June 1st. Servers are down and folks can't get their stuff done. :mad: Plus June 1st sounds kinda sexy!

Have to give everyone time to get stuffs done. And yes I will be the last one done as always :p

Just one more day and we can have a party on the 1st!!

Please put the word out there in case someone does not see this post.

Thanks,,
    Aney~
    Breanna, Cora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

You guessed it, Uwk. Customer support over the phone, hehe.

June 1st is perfect for me, Aneylee. I am off from work that day...Yayyyy! So excited!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG. I had to do that, rather by surprise fiat, in a place I was working at, so tiny that everyone there had to "wear several hats." They'd hired me to be a temporary technical writer/editor of their latest tech manual, and "as long as you're sitting at a desk, could you be available for the phones? It'll be a great way for you to learn the system." The "system." Of a medical software place. Which meant that, by the time the customers got desperate/frantic/frustrated enough to call tech support, the grand majority of the calls would consist of people screaming in my ear eight+ hours a day, demanding answers NOW (thank the gods we weren't in the middle of a pandemic), and threatening to sue us into oblivion if they didn't get immediate satisfaction, or someone's life would be on the line if they couldn't figure out how to do the Urinalysis module, or turn on the computer monitor (that's always fun, especially when we'd get assigned "The Pager of Doom" to take home with us, since support was "accessible" 24/7/365, and we'd get a call like that at 3 am), or whatever. X-P

Now, when I was "just sitting at a desk" in the actual office, I'd be in the throes of creation, having either finished off a sentence, or glory be, be either in the middle of a paragraph and on a writing roll, or having just finished a paragraph and trying to collect thoughts to start another one, when RING! RING! and, of course, much like the USS Enterprise, I was "the only ship in the area," the only one, apparently, whose work wasn't indispensable. That's where I learned something important about my learning capabilities and processes; if someone just tells me something, like when I'd ask for help from someone who knew what they were doing to relate to the customer, it goes in one ear and out the other; I literally cannot retain it if it's only once. If it's visual (oh, like, what I was doing with the manual...), I'm a lot better. If it's something I've done physically, like if I'd personally run every single aspect of the software program(s) dozens of hours every day for years, I'm set. ;->

Plus, the company honchos and about 98% of the rest of the staff had been good, good friends of mine for years, way before this (not afterwards, sadly). X-P When the common wisdom says "Don't work for family or friends," they mean it. I only finally managed to escape (some months after they'd surprised me again by saying they'd hired me on permanently some time before I was trying to politely, formally, businesslike-y, get the Hell out of Dodge) by relying on my old car's oldness and struggles with the commute to get something closer to home. It was a volunteer job. I wasn't getting paid, but I didn't tell my workplace that. It was either that, or wind up in some place with nice, thick, soft walls and bars on the windows. Seriously. :-/

The next year, of course, they went with a third-party help line in the Midwest (rather than sending The Pager of Doom home with one of us poor saps), since we had so many customers on the East Coast relying on those time zones back there. X-P

Never again.

Uwk
    who'd sooner be a bag lady on Skid Row than do that again, if given the choice...or if a gun was held to my head about it, I'd do it on the condition that it be "Live Chat," where I could type everything. My poor ears can't take being screamed in that long or often ;->
    Breanna likes this.