Oceansfull Festival Feedback & Bugs 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Evilary Well-Known Member

Did you reset the instance before you tried to enter?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Sounds as if the spawns might be stuck on the various rocks between the main dock and the pirate one along the coast. They spawn out there but as nobody seems to go looking for them out there they'll likely stay put and appear to vanish from the more noticeable spots.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

I added that the Fish Food collection was for the 120+ zone only, not the scaled zone, to the wikia. I was looking for all the collectables, too. I did get the one new collectable at the end of the scaled zone under the frog. You can still get the achievement for going to the back of the cave in the scaled zone.
  4. Dreadys Member

Yes, I had no timer when I tried without and with the mercenary.

Its bugged for me, but it worked with the mercenary so all good :)
  5. Evilary Well-Known Member

Apparently it was a bug, I saw where they fixed it to show all 3 now.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd request that the rate stay the same, frankly; not all my toons are up to running the dungeons that would award pots full of them, even now that they're scaled down. :-/

What I'd like to see would be the Silver Medals in addition to a regular Clam reward.

Uwk
    Traesta likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! What the Opaline building block textures remind me of are two things:

1) Actual opals taken in fresh from "the wild." Opals are fragile, and you have to be very careful getting them out of their original matrix and smoothed out, without destroying the "play of color" effect. ;)

2) The "texture" of the Granite and Sandstone building blocks. They all may be just trompe l'oeil, but I think it's actually pretty cool. :)

If it were something like Mother of Pearl building blocks, well, those bits of natural mineroids can be polished pretty smoothly without running the risk of losing their iridescence...! Hey! :eek: Idea for next year's Building Block sets...a lovely darker blue/silvery sheen? :)

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Poke! :D

(Though this is an older post, and you may be out of them by now... :-/)

Uwk
    aka Ionanna ;)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, absolutely. I love, love, LOVE what's been done on Frostfell: having the NPC merchants in the Village selling the old stuff that we used to have to pray to RNGeebus to have a prayer of getting from Santa Glug, or never again. :-/

Please, please, PLEASE, if you're going to retire (or just make it ridiculous hard to find during its year) a RECIPE BOOK, of all things, o devs, PLEASE have it be available on the NPC merchants, maybe even the year after, but something. Be they Summer Jubilee merchants, new merchants for Oceansfull (yes!!!), Nights of the Dead merchants (Catacomb Brick Building Blocks book, I'm looking for YOU), etc., please expand their inventory. :-/

That recent "business modality" of the Gigglegibbers in the Village is a superb idea, one of the best those li'l buggers have ever had. :)

Uwk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're streaming vs. downloading all at once? :-/ That'll do it...there are reasons a-plenty why I stopped doing that long ago. :-/

Ymmv, and I know there are folks out there who prefer that, but it's "never caused [me] nothing but [aggravation]." --Dr. Scott, "Eddie", Rocky Horror Picture Show

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You could indicate a current in an aquarium or stretch of natural water with them? :)

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, it is Oceansfull... ;->

Uwk
    /ducking
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So...you need a merc to get the regular level? :-/

Uwk
    who doesn't molo
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome! :)

Uwk
  15. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

If you re-read my post there...that is exactly what I requested. For them to be added as a bonus to the regular rewards and not a stand-alone reward. On live servers where most of us are obligated to run this zone until we lose the will to live, we don't need these medals taunting us when we get a few precious minutes to click clam shells for fun.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh; I'd chimed in with my two coppers before I'd read your blurb, though I've always been a fan of that idea, even back when it was just the Copper medals. Nice to know that GMTA! :D

Uwk
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

Oceansfull Feedback: This was my first time doing this event. I have to say it was a mix of good and bad.
    • Good, the shells were plentiful and had some nice rewards in them.
    • Bad, the shells had items not available this year. It is enough you have to wait a year for items, to have to wait 2 or 3 years until they are brought back into the mix is another matter.
    • Good, The repeatable quests were in easy enough zones that most people can experience them.
    • Bad, with the free to play limit being 110 or POP, max level have mobs that they cannot take out very easy as they are set to Chaos Descending gear expectations.
    • Good, The new dungeon being made available to lower levels this year.
    • Bad, several bugs having to be fixed after event started, and see above on the Chaos Descending gear expectations for 110's took any enjoyment out of the dungeon.
    • Bonus: Bad, take a 110 through the dungeon and it rewards 110 gear. Great, nope, all tagged requires Chaos Descending.

Overall, it made for a nice diversion but I'm already done with it and waiting on the next one. I do really like the new blocks but would have loved to have made the water blocks as well. I had a whole theme in mind when I read Oceansfull was coming and they had new blocks. Maybe next year...or the next...
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is one of the huge, huge reasons I'd like all holidays to be set up the way Frostfell is now; with an NPC merchant who'll sell the old things we could usually only get through praying heavily to RNGeezus and sacrificing several goats, or at least promising to. :-/

Many of the other holidays, such as Erollisi (well, actually, Erollisi has always been a bit weird as to the separation of the two, but they still have the two fellas), Brewday/Brellday, Bristlebane's Day, Nights of the Dead, and so on have two NPC merchants: one for new stuff from the current year, and the other selling the older things that folks still want to have.

Even if there's a new recipe book in one year that will be sold, guaranteed, the next, we'll still want to peek inside the clams and see what else we can find. If the only things in the clams at all are the new things per year, I think there were 10 this year, that's still a 1 in 10 chance (or 1 in 100, depending...) of being able to find the recipes, or something else cool and new. Letting us have this comforting surety (and please, folks: silver? Copper? Gold, even? Ordinary coin, like in the Frostfell Village? No "special li'l funky currencies" for any of it, okay?) will, I think, go a long way towards letting us relax and not stress over the constant grind.

And there are old things that folks will want to have available to them; what would it hurt? It's not taking money out of DBC's pockets to do so. :-/

Uwk
    who also likes the idea of merchants for Scorched Sky, selling recipe books for the various Building Blocks specific to that holiday...we're up to like half a dozen different types, now, they will be a -- hot! -- item :D
  19. Evilary Well-Known Member

The limited time, get it while you can, before it's gone tactic works great for sales i'm sure. I do not see the need to apply this type of thing to holiday and other events. I mentioned above that the dungeon was dropping 110 Chaos Descending gear that my character couldn't use. They could have thrown the gear from the clams on the bosses, then that would have freed up room for the recipes and other items they didn't have available this year. It's not like the event dungeon was a progression thing that would have been game breaking if it had event gear instead on it. And before it is said, they could easily create a merchant that sells everything that drops in the dungeon for TLE server.

Why we see so many cannot do because of TLE when the whole point of the server is to experience the old game play before this stuff is beyond me...
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Zornar Member

Two things that the Oceansfull Festival seems to be missing are ocean-themed mounts and pets.Tinkerfest and Scorched Sky have numerous festival-themed mounts and pets.
    Some possible mounts would be a flying carpet style mount with a Jolly Roger pirate flag as the carpet and a mount where you stand on a flying seashell, rowboat, sea horse or ship's wheel. There could also be a flying mount where you stand inside a giant pearl, like the colored pearl house items. Also fun would be a flying Sharknado mount where you stand on a whirlwind of tiny sharks.
    For a pet, there could some of the many aquatic creatures in the game, such as a pink octopus or a shark. Also appropriate would be a small clam shell, named Pearl, that would periodically open to reveal the pearl just like the giant clams that players open for the event.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Twyla and Taled like this.