Oceansfull Festival Feedback & Bugs 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Oceansfull Festival is active on Test!

For generations, we othmir have been giving thanks to Prexus at this time of year for all he provides, above and beneath the waves. Know that if you find any of us celebrating along the oceans' edge, like Taffil in Antonica, Hana in Tranquil Sea, or Kisu in Eastern Wastes, you are welcome to dance with us and receive our blessings. I’ve heard it can be fortuitous when searching the waters nearby for evidence of the Ocean Lord’s generosity.

Mimmi has returned to Nipik’s Haven in Eastern Wastes shaken by events she witnessed and seeking mighty heroes. Give her a moment of your time, won’t you? May Prexus bless you in return!

New Features for '23!
    Special Rules Servers
    • Varsoon - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • To Shell and Back, Sounds of The Sea, Terrors Run Deep, “Awuidor: Trench of Terrors”, and Oceansfull of Good Food.
    • Zarrakon - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Salt Encrusted Treasure Hunt, To Shell and Back, Sounds of The Sea, Terrors Run Deep, "Awuidor: Trench of Terrors", and Oceansfull of Good Food.
    • Kael Drakkel - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Oceansfull of Good Food
    Live servers
    • New quest!
      • Salt Encrusted Treasure Hunt – available as loot from clam shell game
    • Adjusted adventure quest!
      • Terrors Run Deep offered by Mimmi at Nipik's Haven in Eastern Wastes is now available to all levels!
    • New level scaling version of ’22 dungeon, for characters under level 119.
      • Awuidor: Trench of Terrors
    • New collection!
      • Sounds of The Sea - Available in all “Awuidor: Trench of Terrors” dungeons
    • Clam Shell Game has 33 items (12 of which are brand new, including a new building block set!)
      • Also includes Silver Jubilation Medals during Summer Jubilee
    Returning Features:
    • in-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Oceansfull Celebrators are found dancing and setting off fireworks along the coast in 11 different zones.
    • Clam Shell Game - Players open clam shells found offshore in areas of the world where Oceansfull Celebrators are found to obtain prizes.
    • Overseer quests
      • Offered by Taffil in Antonica
        • Yodie’s Adventure - Kedge Curiosity
        • Yodie’s Adventure - Merchant of Trouble
        • Yodie’s Adventure - Wakey Wakey
    • Quests
      • Terrors Run Deep - Repeatable every year
      • Oceansfull of Good Food - Repeatable every year
      • To Shell and Back - Repeatable every year
      • Shell or High Water - Repeatable every year
      • Beach Party Brawl - Repeatable every year
    • Collections
      • Sacraments of the Deep
    Any feedback submitted after 8/6/2023 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 8/10/2023 at 12:01 AM PT until 8/23/2023 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Erinna Member

There is an odd visual bug with the new Opaline building block set. The south and west facing sides look textured, but the north and east facing sides look smooth. If I rotate the blocks, it's the same so the direction you're viewing from is what shows a texture, or not. So, looking at it from the south side, it looks smooth, looking at it from the north side, it has a heavy texture. (And this is purely personal taste, it actually looks better smooth. With the texture it's way too busy. )

Except for the above, they're great! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Encountered no problems with the "Salt Encrusted Treasure Hunt" quest with good or evil characters.
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

Black Perch Plushie: Can this be resized larger?

Poisonous Mudhopper: Inconsistent results while using different combinations of the action menu will result in issues with the animations. One example, sometimes using "Taunt" will result in stopping the animation while "Play Dead" and "Poke" will use the animation from "Attack".
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

runs to closet and digs for her swimsuit flippers and goggles.
    hmm where is my scuba gear.
  6. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

The new building blocks are beautiful. :)

Oh was there more than that to the event? I'm sorry, I'm decorating right now...

(The quest from the shells seems to be working fine, reward is cute and sizes well.)
  7. Kattt Well-Known Member

The Good, The Bad, and the Soggy :cool:

Some reviews, feedback, and bugs, oh my.....and an important format.

I have found that forums, social media, and feedback areas, nowadays, seems to have become so riddled with negativity. All over, I don't mean just here. In fact I think our forums are often better than the rest of out there. :p

It can be easy to succumb to it, for any of us, including me. I attribute it to life getting so busy we don't get/take time to do anything but complain when something goes wrong. Or, just in general, our social media society has gotten so disconnected. We forget there are people behind the monitor on other side. We forget creators put their heart into what they do, but are human and are imperfect too. We forget players bleed if we cut (wouldn't let me use the original literature word o_O) them. I too, am guilty of all the above.

But, to avoid irony, :rolleyes: I am not going to complain about it, just try to do one thing to combat it, for my own self. I merely explain, in hopes this idea will catch on.

So my idea is simple. For everything I complain about, I am going to find one thing that is good, positive, or pleasant. Or even more than one thing. But at least one. Nothing wrong with trying to incentivize through complimenting the good points. as long as it's honest. Just trying to keep the balance. I truly believe in highlighting when people do good things. Both good and bad can be contagious. So lets spread something good, aye? ;)

Anyway, enough preamble. So, here is The Good, The Bad, and the Soggy (yes that's a pun,) for the Oceansfull event. :cool: If it works out, I might continue this type of theme going forward for other events and if I feel up to it, expansions and updates too.

So, here is the new stuff as per Kaitheel:
    • New quest!
      • Terrors Run Deep offered by Mimmi at Nipik's Haven in Eastern Wastes is now available to all levels!
    • New collection!
    • Clam Shell Game has 33 items (12 of which are brand new, including a new building block set!)
    I am going to break this review/feedback/bugs into a couple/few posts to make it more organized, and easier on the eyes/easier to consume. Reserving a few posts just to keep continuity. So here goes my review experiment. Hope this is helpful most of all, if not perfect. ;) (Please forgive my flaws especially in that I am a bit detail-oriented, verbose...and ummm leaning into pedantic.) :rolleyes: I am also attempting to use more easier on the eyes formatting, and fun stuff.

---continued--->
  8. Kattt Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    The Good (yes the best first) to start on good foot:

• New quest!
    This did not take too long to get the starter, or the subsequent pieces from the clams. Not too long or too short. (Call me Goldi-quester LOL) A nice little addition to the quest list.

The best part of this quest for me was;
    • 1) It was nice to have something else to do along with the somewhat tedious grind of opening shells. Made me feel like I was killing two birds with one stone. :)
    • 2) I love the reward! The chest is a nice little novelty item. It is fun and boisterous!

I have a couple little suggestions to *add* to it. As it is, it is a fun thing. But as a builder/decorator, I would love to see it have even more use. So my thought is, if not for this year, perhaps next year, enhance it, or create an enhanced *second* version of it. I would love to see a right click option to have 3 choices;
    A) to open and stay open,
    B) to close and stay closed, and
    C) an option to keep opening and closing as it currently does.
    That way, we have the choice of using it like this item \aITEM 2040765936 908515344:Sanctus Seru Chest\/a
    I LOVE that chest and would love more like it! I can place items in it, even use as a fun item to have people "find" things. It is one of my fav fun items.

Also, I would love to see as part of those right click options, a way to make the bubbles stay on, or go off, or do in spurts like it currently does. That way that ONE item, has multiple functions for us builders. =) Yes, I know that takes time, and coding, and that's like 6 options. But, it saves time in making something new, as fixing current, or adding a second item with those options, and gives us something we have fun with and like, and you less work with a model you already have. Plus, since it is a quest item, it is *harder* for us to get multiples of, and takes alt grinding. So therefore the extra rewards gives us extra incentive for using alts, etc. It makes this special quest reward even better.

One other idea I have for you regarding this chest. Each year have it return with a new color option (as second reward choice,) much like the dice rewards for Bristlebane, have it show up in a new color! I love having multiple colors of items. As a decorator, that variety is critical to keep things fresh. I would love to see it in bright blues, and greens, and yellows, reds, and especially purple, my fav color! Or any colors. Bright shades to fit with the bright summer colors and emotions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up, the addition of all levels/scaling to the Terrors Run Deep quest and it's zone. Great idea!

Love having this content for my lowby toons! Helps in getting more of the collectibles, rewards, etc. I ran this dungeon on my test toon illusionist, and had to mentor down. I don't have the time to put into her, and she has only the VOV box gear (level 120 illy) and basic adept spells. (BTW, a way to upgrade our spells, much like the bookworm gives advanced books, would be REAL nice for doing test. I frankly can't test content at optimum, as would be done on live, because I just don't have time to get that done on test. Also, finding anything on the broker, as you know, is unlikely. So, an added inspiration to test content, would be making it easy to get/buy upgrades for our spells.)

Anyway, I mentored down to 90 just to make getting the content done faster, especially since my toon is weak. Between me and my healer merc, the zone went just fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding in...
    • New collection!
    This part covers both the new levels/scaling of the quest and zone AND about the new collection:

Now, with the only problems I had, I am not sure if all or some of them are bugs, or intended, and just the downside to this content. For one, I ran the zone twice on this toon to be sure. (Note, this illy has never done this content before on test.)
    I did the quest, and then reset and ran the zone again, just to make sure the issues were consistent.

Additionally, I had my TS prestige tracking on the whole time, and save for one situation, NOTHING turned up on tracking. None of the harvestable rocks turned up, nor did I see any nodes throughout. None of the fish nodes turned up, nor did I see any. None of the original shiny collection showed up either. Mind you, I turned tracking off and back on, multiple times just in case, and left on the WHOLE time and nothing showed up until the end when: I got all 4 pearls placed on pods and the last area opened up. As soon as I did that, a NEW shiny/collectible showed up very close to the entrance. It showed up in tracking, and I was able to see the blue bubble of it. It gave me the one collectible from the *new collection*.

Then, upon defeating the final boss, one more shiny showed up, from that same new collection. Trouble is, it was a *repeat* of the same one I had just found upstairs near the entry to the last section. So I got TWO of the same one.

That was it! No other shinies showed up in the entire zone. (Whether on tracking or by sight.) Not even the final area after evac. When you go back and fight those three weird critters at the back end. That last shiny on top of the coral never showed up. I checked BOTH tracking, and by manual searching/view. So, to sum up, nothing showed on tracking, not a node, not a fishing node, not a shiny, nothing, until those last 2 at end.

The reason I tried a second run, was in case you were intending to unlock shinies with the first run/quest. Still same results as above. Nada but last two, both times the second of the two shinies were repeat of first one (2 each run, one of each being repeat.) I hope you did not intend one run first to open shinies. That would kinda stink because that zone takes awhile, and running on multiple toons gets VERY tedious. Some rewards aside from quest completion would be good. But if you did intend, keep in mind that fact above, that nothing else showed up at all.

Also, on another note, for some reason, NONE of the mobs dropped ANY loot besides the 5 bosses. Last year, they had the occasional so-so reward, or at best some junk drops. For example, the Fathomlurkers dropped NOTHING and I tried many of them. Not a single Lore and Legend update, not a single Lore and Legend drop. Not even a single 2 copper junk item from ANY mob. Something seems wrong there. Like somehow turning on the new collectibles shut everything else off. o_O And even with the new shinies...did you intend to get ONE single shiny, and one dupe per run? (Hope not.) That seems harsh.

Otherwise, it was pretty smooth, and it was nice being able to mentor down and do on badly geared toon, or lower level toon. Just those couple/few bugs I listed.

Next up, the clam shell additions/returns in continuing post ------>
  9. Kattt Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Continuing The Good:

Next up, the clam shell additions/returns:

I LOVE that you select a bunch of items to return each year. That is the first thing I noticed and felt happy about! Bravo! I was a returning player back at the tail end of 2020, so I missed this event entirely until 2021. I was sad, though managed to find a few of them which were VERY pricey on the broker. (For some reason many players like to gouge decorators on the servers! :eek: ) I am happy that you bring items back for those that missed. A trend I would like to see continue for other things.

So, to see a few come back, especially that dias, that wonderful sampan, the Neriad, and the swimming and dancing Othmir (so cute) was great! Thank you for doing that!

As far as the new items, this is my review thoughts (subject to only being 2 cents worth adjusted for inflation, since opinions will vary.)

1) The opaline block set new color....woot! No, double woots! :D What a lovely shade, and beautiful highlights/shimmer/texture. Us decorators can NEVER have too many colors and textures to block sets! And trust me, we mean it! Thousands would never be enough. LOL
    I love this light and airy, and almost ethereal shade to this set. Well done!

[IMG]
    ~~Now for the soggy part: Ok, not soggy, but perhaps an iffy? Or perhaps a bug? :D

For some reason the texture changes depending on side/view/lighting. Its kinda odd. Me and hubby tried out the tall column, the divider, the block, and the tile. For some reason, for example, the tall divider, has one side looks smooth, and the other side has texture. Now, in one way this would be kinda cool, if it stayed consistent. We could choose one side to face out and show texture in say a wall, or use the other if we wanted either smooth or textured.
    But here is the odd part, that changes seemingly dependent on lighting. When we turn the item, the side that was smooth becomes textured, and vice versa. When we looked at the direction of the light (this was in enclave home/outdoors,) it seemed whatever side the light hit, was the one that got textured. This would not be so bad except for on some blocks, like the tall column, it was this odd mix of smooth and texture as you look around the whole thing, like almost in strips. The inconsistency was just not good on this column in particular. This could make for some tricky results. Mind you, I love both ways. The smooth side seemed prettier, but the textured side seemed to have more interest. You know what us decorators will say, right? Can we have 2 sets with both? hehe
    Yes, I know its at a late state and you do this stuff way beforehand. I know making the files and yada yada takes time. I would settle (after this set gets fixed to one or other, or consistent hopefully this year) for a second set next year, as long as it doesn't take the place of a new set, if that was intended. :p (Again, never enough. hehe)
    And I have to agree with an above post, my preference is for the smooth.

Now, along with this review comes a second request (along with the chest stuff above.) To continue this trend of recoloring some of these sets, and time to time coming up with new set. I am happy to help with ideas there too. All for the shiny price of free as a tester. ;) lol

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE (like be your best friend heh) to have this set in a nice pastel purple, a dark purple, and YES we need pink! There is hardly any pink anywhere. I would love to see it in dark blue, a green (as opposed to the teal we have already,) and yellow, and any other bright summer colors. Heck even dark colors would be nice too. This set has an absolutely *winning* look and texture. The pearly look is amazing, and to its designer...major kudos!
    Of course, I MUST say that the moving water spray, would be awesome sauce...like I'd wash your car happy kinda thing, if you made it in different colors too. Kinda like the fog tiles. Most of all, I would LOVE to see the moving water spray in a clear-ish color. Kind of akin to the plain fog tiles. So I guess sort of a VERY pale blue, or grayish. That way, we can get the look of moving water in any situation, not just a medium/darker blue we already have. I LOVE that set, but the shade does not work for all situations.

I will scour trench, and other water zones, to see if I can think of/screencap any other block texture colors/ideas too, and let you know for future years. =)

Continuing the other new clam items:

2) The Purple Brain Coral Pod--ding ding ding! Love this item! My favorite along with the block set. It is multi-purpose. I can use the pod in many ways, flip around, use that in differ directions. I can sink the pod and use the purple effect, etc. etc. I can even use it as a sort of exotic flower. And of course, being favorite color is even more win. I would love this in different colors in future years as well. Well done.

3) The two new pearls! Squee and ding ding! Love the colors. Yes, please keep adding them in new colors! It SO fits with finding them in clams. Please do add maybe purple next year? (And yes I know you have this one: \aITEM 665889609 -1837408551:Glowing Pearl\/a but I would love one without the outline, and in other shades of purple. Plus, its only available by quest that has too many pretty choices to narrow down to already. Getting another purple without outline or in differ shades, via clam would be awesome.)

4) The Sea Breeze Shell = awesome! I love these animated/interactive items. Well done! I love the bubbles. I have only one request/mild complaint/wish. Please make the bubbles go up. Right now they go sideways. That limits how we can use it. Right now its indeed a fun novelty. But as is, we can almost never use in a fish tank, which would be its greatest asset. Reason being, the bubbles will float out the side, and likely through some wall or some such. That will spoil the effect. The idea is for it to make a fish tank look more realistic. And if they went up, we could either sink down to have bubbles come up like real fish tank, or flip upside down (in theory, if it works right) to have bubbles go down and into floor. It could also be used in hottubs, springs, bathtubs, and I'm sure so much more. My goal is to get as much use out of an item as possible and use in many ways. I hate to see such a great item limited.
    BTW, I also notice that the bubbles flow the same sideways direction no matter which way you turn the shell. The effect seems to go only that one eastern direction. So, we could not even turn or flip to have them go desired direction. So, just going straight up would be so much better.

5) The fishhook is great. For a fishhook hehe. It can be used in several ways. I like that it gets both very small, and very big. It definitely has uses.
    I would love to see this item have a longer, more fishing line look to it in a second rendition in a future year. That way we can REALLY make our actors look like they are fishing. ( As opposed to our current use a L&L item to make it *look* like its connected via imaginary line to a fish.)
    But right now it has several possibilities, including holding freshly caught fish. Like this item.

6) The black perch is nice! Not great, but nice. For several reasons. (Again, this is just my viewpoint and others might see differently, for better or for worse.)
    I like the look, the texture, etc. I LOVE that it gets so small you can put into a fishbowl! Very good on that point! The downsides (for me) are that it is so dark and black. I might have come out with this for NOTD myself, but its still useful. The upside is it will be very visible in clear/light water.
    And the other downside is it does not get big enough to be in larger bodies of water and still be visible. I would love to see it scale higher. I know this can be done because many items, including some building blocks, both get VERY small AND VERY large. :) I wouldn't even mind if you needed a second item of it in a different scale, for whatever reason. Like I said, I just wish for items to be as useful as possible.

An additional request for future years/events. I would love this same fish in many colors. We definitely do not have enough regular swimming/active single fish. =) I would love bright summer colors like yellow, orange, blue, green....and you know it....PURPLE! lol

And one more request on that plushie note ^^...since it IS Oceansfull...in which oceans are FULL of fish, I would love more variety of sea life in general as plushies! Us decorators love our aquariums! Can we say more sharks, whales, dolphins, octopi, fish and critters...oh my! Sea life rocks!

Overall, pretty happy with this item, but with just a couple minor caveats. But all in all, well done. :D

And lastly, for the clams, my 2 thumbs down/soggys for this theme/pun.

7) We already have a couple plain wood rowboats, and I believe using the same model. I have no problem with reusing models, as long as they have something to excite about them. This rowboat, while I realize is probably drawn from a boat/coloring/model already in game, is very dingy. Yes, dingy has its uses. And we have a couple of those already. For a once a year bright and happy summer theme, I would've preferred to see a brighter, less dingy color. Maybe a different texture of wood? Maybe take textures we have and love already, like redwood, rosewood, sumac, teak, halas, etc...and use those on this model boat? Or even a different model boat. I know the game has lots of them. Some players might be quite ok with this, and that's ok. :) Again, just from my small point of view. We have 4-6 of rowboats already, and 2 of them craftable.

8) The second soggy is the frog. Mind you, I love frogs. I have a purple frog toon I love! I even think its kooky and fun and weird coloring is interesting. But it's a pet! I wonder if designers understand how little use decorators get from pets. They can be fun to some small degree. Yes you have a pet wandering around (or stay when it works) to add flavor, but that's it! The biggest problem, is pets fall through EVERYTHING. So, we cannot put a duck in a pond, a cat on a bed, a dog perched on a chair wanting some of your dinner, a cow (pet) in a stable that isn't ground level, and so on. As soon as you zone they sink right through. So we can NEVER build a building with all these lovely blocks and have a pet in our wonderful structures! Ever. They. Fall. Through. Poor babies sinking into furniture and blocks never to be found. I know this can be remedied, and will tell you how, but will save for another/seperate post--at another time.

For now, suffice to say, we have SO many pets that lack in versatility for the fall-through reason. They also tend to cost more at vendors. What I would love to see (my solution instead of mere complaint) is to offer them more often than not as plushies. Those we can put on anything! We love that. :)
    I would have LOVED to set this frog on one of our lovely lilypads in a pond....but sadly cannot. He would fall through. :( That would make him, and I sad.

Anyway, great design, low versatility/usability. Overall, I give it a thumbs up on appearance, a soggy down on the usefulness.

Ok, last post continuing....the final thoughts/summary ----->
  10. Kattt Well-Known Member

Summary: "The Good, The Bad, and the Soggy"

[IMG]

The Good:

The new items overall, the best being the scalability of the zone and quest, and new clam items.
    I am happy about a new collection, but cannot review the reward, as I ran twice and only got 2 of them, nor time to run it many many times to get them all, factoring in RNG.

Love the new quest, it is done in the right amount of time. Not too long, not too short. LOVE the reward, and it could use a minor improvement. But happy with it overall, and think the reward fun!

All the new clam items are mostly terrific! Major thumbs up! Favs being the block set, the new pearl colors, the pod, and the animated shell. Well done!

[IMG]

The Bad and the Soggy ( or in my case, the not too bad, yet soggy category: )

The Trench has NO nodes or shinies (until very end) or even trash mob drops. I trust that this is either a bug, oversight, or error, and have hope and faith it will be fixed. So consider that a temporary soggy. :p

Also, the repeat of only ONE shiny (so 2 of the one) at end of zone is another soggy. I hope that is fixed as well. How many did you intend for each person to get from this collection per run? On the upside, those two things above can be changed from soggy to great if they can be fixed. ;)

We already have 4-6 (I forget) other rowboats which are plain wood color or dingy. Two of which we can craft. Another one would have been better to make a differ texture/style of wood, or color.

And lastly, a kinda big soggy here. The block set took WAY too long to get.
    I appreciate elongating content to some degree. The point is to be logged in. We get it. I also appreciate that it is considered rare and special. I also am painfully aware the RNG has something to do with it. Someone else on test got it in like 10-15 mins. That is fine. I get all of that, honest.
    But I harvested over ONE HUNDRED and FIFTY clams, spanning like 2-3 hours, and tried 2-3 differ bodies of water to get them. That is WAY too long. You will have people all over complaining, if it takes them that long, for one item. Even if its a special recipe. My suggestion, to keep in line with your intention, find a happy medium, and not peeve off players, is adjust/tweak the numbers just a TEENY bit, so its a compromise. Just a suggestion. ;)
    As it is right now, I LOATHE doing this again on live even to get it just once, no less others that want it on multiple servers. I feel bad for them. I can barely handle one live server, test, and occasional beta.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, to end on positive note, here is the score:

3 thumbs up for new quest (1.quest length, 2. convenience while doing another task, 3. and reward)

2 thumbs up, for making the quest and zone scaleable for new toons, and alts alike.

1 thumbs up for bringing back/cycling old items we might have missed.

7 and half thumbs up for the new clam items and new quest reward. Perch gets half a thumbs up for me because I love the fish, but not the color and would like both the tiny scale, and larger one.

1 extra thumbs up for just adding new content in general and keeping things fresh, even for a smaller scale holiday/event.

And 1 more extra thumbs up for the responses in forums, and the hardworking devs who create these things, especially Kaitheel (as I have always said, you rock at holidays, quests, and events!) And also Niami (Denmum) for her enormous amount of interaction and effort and consideration of players and decorators/tradeskillers. And any other devs and creators involved. (This is not a kiss up...but honest truth. It matters to accentuate the good and hardworking, along with constructive criticism and feedback. I hope it is contagious.)

For the thumbs down...its:
    1 thumbs down for the new zone dropping/having no nodes, except for the 2 shinies.

1 thumbs down for the consecutive repeat on the new shinies, and no other ones.

2 thumbs down for the boat and the ever-fall-through pet frog.

1 thumbs down for the recipe taking THAT long to drop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So:
    15 and a half kelp-covered (hey, I am keeping with theme here) thumbs up for the GOOD, and
    5 and a half thumbs down for the not so good/soggy. (And those are subject to change if any of it can get fixed. ;)

That seems like a good score to me overall!

TLDR: Well done, looking good so far, needs a few fixes (a couple a must it seems,) few complaints. :D Happy overall.

11. Ladislava Active Member

I noticed the PMW Sea Hag doesn't show up in the dressing room. You know what we need? Shrimp...cleaner shrimp. Red and white with really long antennae and fight club front feet.
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Any Previews of the new stuff yet? (*runs over to TEST anyway to look for herself*)
  13. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Kattt- "An additional request for future years/events. I would love this same fish in many colors. We definitely do not have enough regular swimming/active single fish. =) I would love bright summer colors like yellow, orange, blue, green....and you know it....PURPLE! lol"

I don't t hink this would have to wait for another Oceansfull year...I love the black fish and agree that it would be fun to have in many colors. Maybe they could make a variety of colors of this fish and sell them as a set on the marketplace? A barrel of fish like in Storm H3. A lot of us decorators work late into the night and spend money on house items while we're half asleep. Could be a nice source of income. :p
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you to all who dove right in to testing this holiday content!

I've got a few changes that are headed to Test. Watch for the following changes to be listed in Test update notes:
    • Petamorph Wand: Brackish Seahag – Preview window should now function correctly.
    • Poisonous Mudhopper – Available house pet commands should now all function correctly.
    • Black Perch Plushie – Plushie can now be scaled larger.
    Be sure to note any other feedback or bugs you encounter!

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kasa like this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

I am unable to reproduce this issue either locally or on Test server myself. I tried to reproduce it using several different houses and different performance option settings.

Have you found this to be an issue with only particular houses? What performance option settings are you seeing this on (extreme quality, high performance, etc.)?

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Erinna like this.
  16. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Since the jubilation medals are falling like rain in the Triad zone, getting them from the clams isn't as exciting anymore.

Can they be made a rare bonus instead of a rare stand-alone reward from the clams?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

It is intended that you get two collectibles per dungeon run, though which collectibles you get are random. You just happened to get two of the same in one run. Bad Bristlebane! (The amount of collection pieces available per run are comparable to Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop, the Level 1-119 Scorched Sky dungeon introduced this year, too.)

Last year's Awuidor: Trench of Terrors [solo] dungeon was a level 120+ exclusive dungeon. Its challenge was ramped up and as such the mobs in there did have an opportunity to drop loot. That is not the case for a level scaling dungeon such as this. Again, this Oceansfull Festival dungeon is more comparable to Doomfire: Ro's Sweatshop, the Level 1-119 Scorched Sky dungeon.

That said, racial loot should still have a chance to drop in Awuidor: Trench of Terrors, and you are right that the fathomlurkers were not set up to drop for anyone below level 120. D'oh! I'll see if I can fix that, and I'll take a look at the other racial loot in here, too. I'm sure you're not the only one who would appreciate a chance for that loot to drop.

I'm relieved and supper happy to hear that overall things went really well, and that you are enjoying so many of the new items! I appreciate your desire to give kudos and to call out the good, as well as the things that could be improved. Your feedback is great! And just because some of the feedback can't be taken into account right now, doesn't mean that it won't color future content. It's always appreciated!

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I don't know if players on TLE servers would appreciate that change.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Kattt and Feara like this.
  19. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry. I don't speak TLE.
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Im not seeing the animation on the Sea shell . . . . the one with the bubbles? I cant see them. Dont know what its supposed to do. . . . should maybe make them more prominate so they are noticable . . . like the petals on the Erolissi rose that showers petals.