Oceansfull Festival Feedback & Bugs 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Well it would be nice to be able to see something. . . unless. . I need my Linux machine which can run everything on HIGH before I can see it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Well I LIKE the blocks. . . . if anyone on test is having a hard time getting them I have 3 extra. . . Poke me in Homeshow chat on Skyfire if you need one. I will log and get it for you.
  3. Test Taffies Active Member

The recipe for the blocks is extremely hard to get. I spent about four hours and two different characters and finally got one. I absolutely hate the random number generator to obtain a wanted item for house decorator/crafters. PLEASE... PLEASE... Sell them on the Jubilation merchant so that if we do not get one via the RNG we can at least obtain it the following year.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kattt like this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Just watched Mums video on the animation. I do not see that AT ALL when I place the shell. Dont tell me I have to have my computer on HIGH res in order to see it. . . my poor little dinosaur will not be able to handle that. Nor do I see any animation on the chest. You know that little dinosaur that walks/runs in the corner of the screen when stuff downloads? Yeah. . . Mine will die of exhaustion!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o yea he was my buddy on my new laptop a Leopard, I had my ASUS repaired and I don't see him anymore.
    Trust me that animation is there, and the animation of the shell is really stunning.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Kattt Well-Known Member

First, apologies about the collection name. I got them mixed up. I was actually referring to the Fish Food collection being in the Trench zone.

Second, it would be very helpful in the future if when releasing the same exact zone in another way, like say a scaling version, you all let us know what will be eliminated or else we expect the zone to behave the same, outside of the scaled down difficulty. Like when listing this new feature, say something like, "we are not offering the collection or this or that, in this new version. And a simple explanation is nice too. I did not know there were to be changes as they weren't listed. This is why I came here listing this issue. It was not made known.

Third, after thoughtful consideration to this new scaling version, I am having trouble seeing the benefit to running it on lower level alts without the fishing pole or original collection. Basically, my lower level toons don't really need much of the gear here. There isn't much of note in the drops for one, plus I always have lots to give them from high level toons, as many higher level zones give things that are of no use to high level toons.
    Also, since there are merely just two collectibles each run, I can go in and grind this zone, blasting away with my high dps a lot faster than lower level toons, that take much longer. Aside from maybe one run to get POI's, I am having trouble seeing the point to having lower level alts do this zone. With the collectibles and fishing pole removed, they seem to have little to offer them. Unless I am missing something?

Thanks for the responses though. =)

P.S...I should add that I *do* see the benefit of this zone for players that might not have any high level toons. I guess they could just get the new collection and perhaps a useful drop or two from the bosses. I am just stating that I do not see a benefit to players that have a mix of high level and low level characters. I guess I would have liked to see a bigger motivator to run the zone in scaled mode, like still getting the original collection or something. But I do get that much...about players with no high level characters. If I missed any other benefit for players like me, please do let me know. =)
  7. Kattt Well-Known Member

Ok, thats unfortunate. I still love the item...but just know it has less use this way. It is more of a novelty item now, where as with a steady upflow could be used in many ways. But, perhaps keep on a todo list somewhere, or in back of mind, to have another version...or even use a different items with upflowing bubbles at some point later? Many versions of an idea or etc...is always good with decorators. ;)

I still love the item though. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Kattt Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that no matter what, even if multiple people had a preference, that there isn't time to make a change to this. That being said, the bump texture is not consistent...I am sorry to say. At least not on all pieces. It is not always bright light dependent either. All you have to do is stand in any guild hall, and preview in dressing room the tall opulent column. When you rotate it, it shows BOTH the bumpy texture and the smooth texture in these weird strips. Both on same side as light. So when it is facing you in dressing room, you can see both the smooth and bumpy at the same time facing you. I did not check every single item, but I could probably safely assume this happens on the small column and perhaps others. I did not check the triangle or other more odd shaped items.

But, more importantly, multiple people (both in this forum and in the game chat) stated that they preferred the smooth version..so to speak. As do I. It is closer to the original version which is a very pretty smooth blue. A smooth blue-ish tinted off white in this one, would have been even better. =) That is just feedback mind you, as this thread asks for. I know not all feedback can be implemented. That is understandable. And as I said before, both types are nice in own right too.
    Perhaps when opening the reward, give us an option to choose smooth or textured (bumpy?)....that would be nice too.

Keep in mind I don't care for the personal torch unless I am in really dark place, and never put it on. Many people do not.
    Anyway, that is feedback on that, for what its worth. :D

Again, I love the item despite the inconsistency in the texture. And I also appreciate the flow of communication and the speedy responses. :)

P.S....As always, I am happy to give screenshots of what I refer to, if ever needed. Just let me know what you need. I enjoy helping, especially when there is 2 way communication. Kudos for always communicating Kaitheel...you rock. :cool: Thank you.
  9. Kattt Well-Known Member

I second this feedback vehemently! My character spent 2-3 hours trying to get this item. I warned in previous post about this, you were going to get a flood of complaints if this is not tweaked, even if slightly. This is way too long for one item. Just because I have no life lol...doesn't mean others will have same situation.

On the high end (like really high)...45 mins to an hour might be doable...annoying, but doable. But 2-3 hours is bad. Or four for the above person, as it were.

For those that got luckier, thats great. :) But that will not play out for a lot of people.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

That's a legitimate point. Though I don't recall this being called out for the Scorched Sky and the Tinkerfest level-scaling dungeons, if it had been and I missed it, I apologize. It is never my intention to keep testers in the dark when it comes to event testing.

That's exactly it, as we saw from last year's feedback. The low level characters weren't able to participate in this dungeon or the new quest at all last year, but now with this level-scaling version they can do the quest, complete the collection, the achievement, and the dungeon.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Twyla and Feara like this.
  11. Dreadys Member

How do you enter the normal Awuidor ?

[IMG]

I only see SOLO and HEROIC, I completed them already.

And I want to get this achievement + the killing of all named.

[IMG]

I did the quest, tried to mentor, but I dont see the zone without the tag.

12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

mentor down below level 119
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Oceansfull purple shinies are non existant on Antonia Bayle in Commonlands.
    1 ( one) spawns occasionally, probably every 6 minutes or whatever collectibles are set to. Can the code for them be adjusted a bit please?

Edit: it spawns more often, about a minute after I picked up one. But still only one spawns at a time, sounds fishy
  14. Evilary Well-Known Member

When you go in by opening the portal with the quest, it counts as long as you are not max level I guess. I did it mentored on my 110 and my 97, both got the updates for that one.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

There is no tag difference. You enter solo when you're chronoed down.
  16. Evilary Well-Known Member

There are 3 levels of that achievement. The one in the screenshot, a solo, and a heroic. The screenshot version is the newly added for 119 and under scale version.
  17. Dreadys Member

[IMG]

Thanks for answers.

But I tried mentoring under level 119, so mentored down to 115 110 105 100, I always get the same answer.

You must be at least level 120 to enter.
  18. Dreadys Member

When I mentor to 120, I can zone, but it count as the level 125 zone, so no achievements.
  19. Dreadys Member

ok, had to pop mercenary to enter... very strange
  20. Dreadys Member

[IMG]

Mentor 110 without mercenary

[IMG]

Mentor 110 with mercenary