NotD Neighborhood Contest 2022

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by draidean, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Oh no I'm not the confused one. I can keep my Q's apart.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. draidean Well-Known Member

Quiarrah on MD should have "A Bottle of Souls" somewhere and SF Q should have an "Outstanding Award"

I have several spreadsheets ;-)
  3. Crazylayde Active Member

I'm so excited!!! Thank you all!!! This was really so much fun!!! This was my first contest but won't be my last for sure :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and draidean like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Minding your P's and Q's? :D

Uwk
    /ducking_incoming_thwap
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We'll probably have a Secret Santug House Swap coming up in December or thereabouts, too; it's like a Secret Santa thing at work, where everyone puts in requests for houses to be decorated by each other, and no one knows who has what until the reveal date (except the organizer(s), of course). :)

No contest-type stuff, but you do get a free house decorated out of it (unless you go with a Prestige house, but those are often huge...). :)

When I do such things, one of the things I LOVE from my Santug (or other secret seasonal decoratee; see below) as a request would be to flat-out list specific things they would like, or indicate the stuff that inspires them. When I get someone saying, "Oh, do whatever; have fun! :D" I usually have absolutely no idea, and spend entirely too much time trying out all sorts of ideas that I often wind up rejecting, ultimately. X-P

I've done a couple of other seasonal house swaps; we often have one for the spring, for the Erollisi Day (Valentine's), Brewday (St. Patrick's), and Bristlebane's Day (April Fool's for a couple of weeks ;->) holidays all together, potentially; summer, which in the past included Oceansfull in June, Scorched Sky in July (formerly just a fireworks thing, but only the U.S. and France ever really got into that ;->), and Tinkerfest in August; and just Nights of the Dead in October, but there's tons of stuff that hit this year, and on top of everything else, the summer holidays were all -- rearranged. :-/

What I've done with at least two of my houses in the past was requested semi-specific things; one spring holiday house was owned by a "Don Quixote"-type old Human Paladin, who disdained drunkenness and frivolity, but really admired Erollisi, so that was the decorator's emphasis (beautiful results, too! I loved it! :D). :)

Another one was a Fae Wizard named Xanadew, over on Public Test, who had been inspired by Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem, "Kubla Khan." This was a summer swap place, so I'd just asked for a little of everything: a little something from Oceansfull, Scorched Sky, and Tinkerfest, with at least a little nod to the poem. ;->

O.M.G. I think I still have that house published on Test; it is STUNNING (called A Miracle of Rare Device). It's just a 4-room house in Qeynos, but my very, very talented decorator took a look at the poem, rolled up her sleeves, and reproduced just about EVERYTHING from it (including the poem itself for folks who might not get the references; it's on a "hand-written" thing in the upstairs room). I was completely blown away. :D

Uwk
    Breanna, draidean and Cyliena like this.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

OH! Thats what that is. . . ok. . gotcha. . . I did not know what the bottle of souls was . . . I thought something glitched with my harvests and and put an item I aklready owned in my overflow.

Ok. . Tjhank you. . . (yes I need coffee)
  7. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Thank You!
    It was fun. :)
  8. Xxtacii Active Member

Thank you soooo very much!!! This was so much fun and I love participating in group housing events!!

Xxtacii