Not Updating

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-phlor, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-phlor Guest

YEAH, Finally updated!!!!

WOOT!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Slouthie Guest

Mine's not updated yet... I am highly annoyed.
  3. ARCHIVED-phlor Guest

Kohrina@Blackburrow wrote:
    sorry to hear that hopefully it will be resolved shortly
  4. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

phlor wrote:
    Most people I've looked at are only partially updated at best. Nor have the leaderboards updated at all.
    Save the cheers for when everyone is fully updated and the item database is updated. But it is slowly patching bits and pieces in for various people, so it is progress.
  5. ARCHIVED-firehawk2531 Guest

Yep definitely not everyone updated - my toon is still showing level 80 even though I am 85 and shows me having 3,560 quests completed which is the exact same number I had weeks before the Xpac came out! Aaarrgh...please fix this. The last time this happened I had to actually call customer support and find out that somehow even though the website was updating my account for some reason was not...no real reason given... just a "oh wow...that's weird" we'll get it fixed and then two weeks later - miraculuously I'm updated. Not a happy camper right now...
  6. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Yes, some toons are starting to update. Quest count went up a bit and levels on char page, not discos yet.
  7. ARCHIVED-cobweb78 Guest

My profile has updated to show me as a lvl 90 coercer, but I fear rankings are lost forever, the last ding shown for me is level 78 which was well over a year ago.
    As a test I checked out some of the other players on Runnyeye to see if I could find any ranking data updated for them. I found an Illu who was 2nd to ding lvl 85 on 18th Feb, however I know that 2 guildmates of this person dinged 90 Illus the day before that.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

The rankings shouldn't be gone forever. It should update the rankings as the database fills in. However, I'm not 100% sure about it.
  9. ARCHIVED-cuchulainn16 Guest

Your frustration is understandable, especially since the SF launch. The Player data feed was suspended due to database issues and the DB team are working to resolve the issues. We hope to have this turned back on shortly.

regards,
  10. ARCHIVED-Isabelz Guest

My profile appears to have partially updated. Specifically, I know I have a higher "Highest Melee Hit" than is being reported. I saw one for 2.4K and I believe I saw one for 2.8K.
    I am unsure how to determine if a hit is melee or magic. So, I don't know which stat those two hits should fall into.
    BTW, are there any plans to add a "Highest Hate Increase" stat?
    Also, my level history has been rather sporadically updated. I'm missing levels: 9, 10, 23, 24, 27, 59, 62, 69, 70, and 71. The last three missing levels were post-SF. The other missing levels occurred from early December 2009 when I created the character to just prior to the SF retail release.
    Here is the link to Estony:
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/Guk/Estony/

adTHANKSvance,
    Isabelz Stormhealer, Protector of the Halas Pass
    Shaman of Torvonnilous
    P.S. Isabelz is looking forward to the return of Halas so she can continue in her vigilant defense of the once great barbarian city.
  11. ARCHIVED-Slouthie Guest

cuchulainn16 wrote:
    Okay.......... But this doesn't answer any of the players questions about if things will be lost or not!! I would like that to be answered, please?!
  12. ARCHIVED-PotatoeGuru Guest

Kohrina@Blackburrow wrote:
    That would just be my luck -- The one time I score 70+ discos and it doesn't get recorded 8)
  13. ARCHIVED-Anastasie Guest

My character level finally updated, but I'm still showing 0 discoveries when I have had quite a few since SF launch. Also, my level history is broken and shows no data at all.
  14. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Brigh@Guk wrote:
    I'm fairly certain it will get recorded. I think the only updating that was affected was between the database and the website. The game should still have fed all the pertinent information to the database. So the information hasn't been lost, they are just having to change the website to function with the new way the information is being recorded (very simplified and possibly incorrect on the details, but the general idea since I don't have the specifics).
    I think everyone has done an excellent job posting to make it clear that this is important to get fixed quickly, and judging by the responses from the devs they have gotten that message. Now we just need to try and be patient while they fix it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Slouthie Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    Honestly... I find it inexcusable that this could even happen. With the amount of money we all spend on this game this should not even be an issue. The team they have addressing the needs of this site, should do just that.
  16. ARCHIVED-cuchulainn16 Guest

Hellswrath, your synopsis of the situation is accurate. The gameteam feed their data to another database which we pull for the website. The gameteam database has not been affected. Unfortunately there are issues with the current system, as you have experienced, and the DB dept are working with the web devs to take steps to rectify the legacy database issues that have existed. On the web side we will do what we can to communicate the changes as they come.
  17. ARCHIVED-Garnaf Guest

cuchulainn16 wrote:
    I really hope one of these changes is the ability to view a list of what you've discovered... I miss that. (and I got at LEAST Server First on an entire Provisioning Teir, I wanna be able to show that off darnit!)
  18. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

It's good to hear confirmation, cuchulain. Thanks for clarifying further.
    Dranikos@Butcherblock wrote:
    lol, you and me both, Dranikos. Nor are we the only ones wanting this feature back. It seems a pretty frequent request lately.
  19. ARCHIVED-Fritzki Guest

Do we have an ETA on everything updating? I still haven't updated.
  20. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

Its been awhile, heh....