Not Updating

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-phlor, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-phlor Guest

My EQ2Players profile hasn't updated for the past two weeks. Any chance this can be fixed?
    Or am I the only one having this problem, still.
  2. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

Not updating at all, which is very disappointing!
  3. ARCHIVED-Boondock Guest

expecially with the xpac dropped, i wanna see what i ranked for getting lv90 and if my discos were WW or not.

Fix yo stuff!
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

DarkViper hasn't logged on the forums since January 1st.
    I hope EQ2Players isn't going back to its former state of "Abandonnedware" as it was before last year's revamp :(
  5. ARCHIVED-Lorzus Guest

Yes, this has been really disapointing since the expansion went live as I would love to see my ranking as well. Not to mention how many disco's i've managed to get!
  6. ARCHIVED-Alycorn Guest

I really loved seeing my slow climb up the leaderboards, that was actually part of the game to me ... I'm sad.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jolemai Guest

As I posted in a different thread, Guild Leaderboards are not updated either. Unfortunate really and I hope this is fixed soon.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jumpydude Guest

So far there's been so many issues that it's starting to get very frustrating... EQ2players not updating okay... been over a week now at least... now I can't even get into the game due to a "Application ran out of memory while requesting _____ bytes" error... grrr, are they trying to drive people away? We had a friend who was on a trial key and all of a sudden last week after a couple days of playing it started crashing and because of the issues, they changed their mind on subscribing... I'm sure SOE loses a lot of potential and current customers with these issues... bleh
  9. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

I have seen one update in the last 2 weeks; it wasn't fresh data, someone just broke the character search results so the guild column is blank.
  10. ARCHIVED-Minychimp Guest

Great job sony...and to think I used to pay for this service. Now that it is free they don't touch it. Thanks
  11. ARCHIVED-phlor Guest

Sneakattackk@Nagafen wrote:
    Really? This was a paid service and became FREE?
    I know Free-to-Play is the new model taking shape in the industry BUT I would PAY for more STABILITY, more CONTENT, better SUPPORT. Nevermind a better mature player base.
    THUS, why I came back to EQ and EQ2.
  12. ARCHIVED-meloc Guest

Please fix this update issue with station players,, at least it would give us something to do beside complain on these forums when our servers downtime are extended with out explainations to why or how much longer...
  13. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

phlor wrote:
    They didn't really provide stability, content, or support when it WAS a paid service. Shoot, the last two iterations have progressively taken away content and then spent the next X months trying to restore some of it before the next revamp comes along and takes even more. The only time we made any real progress on this trend was when Gninja was working here and that's when we got the (rather nice) sortable guild roster to replace the old guild wall of fame (which I still think had a place after the sortable roster came out, but that's another discussion).
    I will agree, however, that this most recent version of the site is the most stripped down and provides the worst support/communication we've seen. I'll admit that I got my hopes up a little with the combination of the producer's letter about the site and the high activity of the new web devs roughly around launch, but the complete lack of fixes to the site since then curbed my brief enthusiasm quickly.
    This site needs some SERIOUS work even ignoring the most recent updating debacle. I seriously hope they give the web team the resources they need to do their job and make sure it gets done. Quit revamping the site and make just ONE of these versions work properly with the features we've had in the past that keep disappearing!
    /rant off
  14. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    Actually, we did lose quite a fair bit of functionality even then. That EoF EQ2Players revamp took away a good chunk of available data from third party programmers, and we never got any explanation as to why one would REMOVE fields from a perfectly working data feed.
    I'm noticing a trend by now. SOE lets EQ2Players rot for months. Then suddenly, a small team of devoted employes (usually between 1 and 2) show up on this forum, take an active part in bug/feature discussions. Then around expansion launch, a new EQ2Players is launched, adding a few things, but also taking away some features that were perfectly fine, and breaking some other stuff. Then said dev team disappears. Months later, a completely new team shows up. Rince, repeat. I can remember three distinct "teams" of web developers so far who were part of that cycle at one point or another since I've gotten involved with EQ2Players stuff. Gninja was part of the second one.
    EDIT: make that four teams/waves:
    - Jabru (or something like that)
    - Gninja
    - Dougdoug
    - DarkViper
  15. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    No, I completely agree that we lost a lot during the EoF revamp. But I thought Gninja didn't show up until after that revamp....
    Yeah, I didn't even get into how they did a number on the Roster Master development team. It was a general rant. Specifics on how borked this website has been over the years generally takes too long and makes me want to not even bother to hope for it's future, and that tends to be a bad thing. There is always hope that one day they will stop trying to "revamp" the site and instead keep focused on actually making it function while returning all the lost features that should have already been restored.
    Especially ones such as:
    • The data feeds we lost for third party developers. It's free now. No reason to keep it as stripped as it is. Roster Master has done wonders for guild websites and deserves their best tools back.
    • Guild Wall of Fame - used to be wonderful for fostering a sense of community and friendly competition within a guild that you didn't have to be uber to participate in.
    • Sortable guild roster - Best guild roster we ever had. Have no idea why they thought the new one was an "upgrade." Talk about a step backwards, I can't even view my whole guild without sorting through at least 4 pages. Forget trying to find a particular person.
    • Character Specific Item Discovery Lists - Removing this before an expansion with a level cap raise was poor decision making, IMO. What's the point of having discos if you have no idea what you discovered first? A lot of people have recently shown their discontent over the loss of this feature. Just read the threads on post SF updating.
    • Class leaderboards. No need to say more on this one.
    • Ability to search by tradeskill class. Basic functionality. No idea why it was ever removed.
    These aren't in any order, and I know I've missed a ton of things, but are the ones that stick out most in my mind. No point putting posts like this in the "Most used features" since they don't exist to be used and we haven't seen anything useful come out of those threads anyway.
    We were told things would improve in August '09, the next "improvement" was this failure of a revamp. It had potential, but it fails because it was launched before it was ready, it was a QA failure on bugs, and it stripped a huge amount of normally used functionality. Then we were told things would get better in the next build back in December. The result was some bug-fixing, could now see alts again, and our guild roster viewable size went up (but is still completely insufficient for many guilds).
    Now we aren't being told anything by the web devs. They aren't even really logging into the forums regularly. ....but I can still hope.
  16. ARCHIVED-phlor Guest

This thread has been an illuminating discussion or history lesson for me.
    As mentioned previously, I came from another MMO world and not WoW, where the vendor has been dilligent about updates and monitors the forums. Heck, I met one of the key employee's at Gencon this past year (we and a group of players threw a couple cold ones down) and this vendor and community truly loves the game and has passion for it. Although the game does not have the built in plugs to the UI or other development access that EQ/EQ2 does.
    I digress.
    My hope is these minor issues will be addressed in short order. I am sure the Dev's are working bigger and worse problems than a website.
  17. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

phlor wrote:
    You realize that they have a web team specifically for this website? What else are they supposed to be working on?
  18. ARCHIVED-phlor Guest

I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.......
  19. ARCHIVED-phlor Guest

Note the above message from another thread. We have a reason why the updates are happening. Now all we have to ask for is an ETR.
    But thank you to the rapid response from SOE.
  20. ARCHIVED-Roachonine Guest

Please update this site.