Nights of the Dead 2018 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the lore item in Scarecrow king chest is a mask Whilhelmina
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Lera Well-Known Member

The Oversized Autumnal Globe and Square Autumnal Window Pane use Scribing and Basic Incense while all the other recipes use Geocraft and Glowing fuel. Is there a reason for this?
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

"A Nightmarish return"
    I like this quest, would be even better if the pace were picked up a little...but did run into a tiny level problem.

At level 2 the Mobs come at you as level 10's..Do you know how hard it is to kill a level 10 at 2?

Its level a 2 quest in the journal, please adjust the mobs.
  4. Test Taffies Active Member

Pumpkin Bombs do not work in Maj'Dul and they probably should?
  5. Tabbyclouds Member

Explain to me again why Fallen Gate doesn't get this Event please?
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Would it be to much to ask for the shovel to be put in the ingame mail?

Spending 30+minutes running around looking for one does not equate fun.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For Thurgadin, as well? I know several people that grind their teeth in despair switching back and forth between US and EU and getting the whole "weeeeee mussssssst doooooowwwnlooooaaaaad alllllll yoouurrrrr fillllllles agaaaaaiiiiiiiin" for a Gb or more before deigning to let us in. :-/

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me neither, frankly. :-/

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Your Inventory bags were full at the time? :)

I've done that more than once myself... ;->

Uwk
    Chikkin likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Drat; there's a lot I like about that one (not everything, though; see below), and once you know the maze, it goes relatively quickly. :-/

THANK GOD!! I freakin' detest those stupid cut-scenes and always have; it was back from the days when like every other dev thought they were the next Steven Spielberg or some such nonsense. X-P

Shh! One of the things I love about being 100! :D

But you have to be 1-100 to exit?! That's odd indeed; usually, I worry about "cheating" and "short-cutting" to get out of the maze by any other way other than using the proper door. I'm always worried it'll negate everything I just finished doing and I'll have to do it all over again. :-/

Speaking of the maze, Kaith: can we at least get the blasted Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate Armor pieces to stack properly (all the Greaves in one stack, all the Sabatons in another, etc.), if you won't let us vendor-trash them? :(

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah. That is a big problem, then; I was hoping we could just skip past those inanities, get the mobs, and get on with our lives. But if it doesn't actually work... :(

Sheesh. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, they can be hard to find, being so skinny, especially if the shovel head is so close to a tombstone that the greys blend together. :-/

Some little quirky mail with the shovel would be better; and if it's a LORE thing, just make sure we don't get it a second year after the first one. If something happens to our Shovel, we can just get it replaced (which should happen with the Darkened Shard that keeps cluttering up our mail, but I digress). ;->

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Something I noticed running in the Loping Plains Haunted Mansion ("There Will Be Ghosts" first) as a level 100: all the Vamps start at 99 and blue, which is nice, but shouldn't they actually scale to my level? Haven't hit Himself yet or the end "Me mob"; we'll see how those go.

Uwk
    reporting back to the House... ;->

EDIT: And yep, "a D'Ryil vampire has killed a D'Ryil vampire," with neither my level 100 self nor my combat pet having to lift a finger. The Combat Chat window says it kept getting hit by its own fire, for like 6-7 "hits." I like a nice, fast, relatively painless fight as much as the next person with way too many alts to want to spend half an hour per combat, but this is a bit much. :(

If nothing else, I doubt I'll get its XP in my pocket... ;->

Nope, I get no XP if they commit suicide, and the fourth one I shooed out of her coffin wound up dead before she even stood up. :(

And the fifth. With the sixth, I put her out of her misery before she burned to death on her own, and got some points. ;->

Okay, with the "nameds": I made Sarkon nervous with one shots each time, then killed him with one shot (don't even think my Necro's Nightshade broke a sweat [if that's what they do]), and one-shotted my evil twin. Hmm. While I like good short fights, if I have to hit 'em for 2-3 shots, I'll be happy with that. ;->

This was with the freebie "make it from scratch at level" level 100 Necro, with default level 100 gear, that I made on Test, back when any server was offering that. Might have been a "waste" at the time, but I didn't know we'd be getting Tokens on Test until later. :D

I will say, this is the first time I've run this Mansion without any worries about my opponents at all. Kind of a refreshing change of pace! ;->

P.S. Afterwards, I was still able to "peek behind the painting" at the top of the stairs directly opposite the front door. Sarkon wasn't in there, of course, being most sincerely dead (or at least, not moving any more), but there's nothing back there...right? Other than his library? It would be kind of cool to put something back there, imho, but nothing crucial to the quest, just a cute House Item freebie for exploring everything...maybe a magnifying glass? :D --U.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is this a new thing? Taking my level 100 Necro and Friend through the Hedge Maze, the few critters that dropped Important Things (both of the zombies) didn't have their "loot me, I've got something important on me" cursor changes activate; I had to right-click Loot them to get the items I needed. If I hadn't known which ones were important, I'd be in trouble. Plus, none of the corpses evaporated after a time, even if they didn't have anything on them; I always had to right-click Loot. :-/

EDIT: Still in the Maze; one-shotted the entire porch full of terrified trick-or-treaters with Theurgist's Detonation (luv me some AoEs sometimes! :D), and none of them had any loot on them, but they all politely poofed away after a time. Nice of them. :)

So, I guess after you do the "turned into a dog" bit, things straighten up and fly right. At level 100, yeah, the cut-scenes still work...dang it. :(

EDIT: Doing the "A Nightmarish Return," the hedge lurker harpies poof away after death, but the zombies are still being coy, and the scarecrows are as tricky to find the Loot pixel on as they've ever been. ;->

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, suggestion: I can't touch Sarkon when he first shows up behind the piano in the Loping Plains Haunted Mansion until after he does his speech; he's Not An Enemy before, and once you hurt him enough, he's Not An Enemy any more for a bit. So, why not just do that instead of the cut-scene in the middle of the Hedge Maze with Altius, and the same thing with whatever's chasing the Terrified Gnome until they stop behind the house? That would help prevent any "cut-scene not working = quest not working" complications, I would think. Not to mention, the "game shows up before your monitor catches up, therefore your pet killed Altius before you could see what was going on" bit I ran into. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Actually, after realizing that Fallen Gate has unlocked up to Shadow Odyssey, I can't think of a reason for Fallen Gate to not have the full event.

Can anyone think of any issue with unlocking the whole event on Fallen Gate?

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

30 minutes to find the object? That seems like an exaggeration, but I get your point. I'll make it easier to find.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Good news! It's already there. You should find the "Nights of the Dead Headless Huntsman Costume" being sold by the Nights of the Dead merchant.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Why not give the shovel a neon yellowish/green or day glow traffic cone orange handle? *begins to do the Snoopy dance just a little in anticipation of one or both of these colors going in*
  20. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

While I am glad its getting addressed it just seems like the mail thing they send to each toon would be the most efficient way