Nights of the Dead 2018 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Wilowsong Active Member

Awesome I can't wait!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. questofbeto New Member

The headless Huntsman Costume changes my female character to a male is this normal?
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I believe it is, the Huntsman is a male, so the costume would change the character to a male.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Correct. There is only one headless Huntsman character. Maybe a bride of the Huntsman could be introduced in the future?

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Ah! That makes more sense. I can take a look at it. You were using the plants to help defend Vicki, right?

~ Kaitheel
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Yes, the plants were about the only thing doing damage, I haven't finished the quest yet, didnt hang around once I saw level 10's.
  7. Dyeana Active Member

Ummm, I don't know if it is my super bad luck or something but I just realized that the mobs in PoM and it's instances don't seem to be dropping any candy. This is among 5 players that I have been playing on Test. This also includes the Guk zones.

If someone can verify my either bad luck of the lack of candy in PoM? Candy should be dropping from he mobs in PoM and it's instances, and Guk instances.

Dye
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The mobs that use the flying snake model in PoM have been dropping caramels. There aren't really many other "creepy" overland mobs there that should be dropping them, that I can think of. I'm not sure if the instances "should" be dropping candy, though all the undead in Guk would be a good target for it, I'd guess.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! :D

Uwk
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

I can tell you what she experienced is repeatable I level locked a Halfing beastlord at level 2 and the zombies were level 10 in "Survive the Night" when they started coming out. It also happens at level 3
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, Kaitheel, you are definitely one of my all-time favorite humans associated with this game! :D

I still think you should be nominated for at least beatification. :D

Thanks from Da Big Kitteh, too! :D

Ooh, if that would work...definitely sainthood. :D

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Mirt Well-Known Member

Kaitheel - any chance the drop rate of presents in general can be raised for the gravedigging?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  13. Mirt Well-Known Member

Dug for 45 minutes and got 1 shiny Kaitheel
  14. Mirt Well-Known Member

ok update..dug for over an hour and still 1 shiny o_O
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We patched tonight (no sign of the fix for the cutscene/level 110 issue in the hedge yet, though you said that'd likely be separate) and I am chipping away at retesting stuff before I sleeeep.

The vampires are no longer poofing in a puff of flame and smoke without you getting a chance to abuse them. The troubled tome is behaving better. The Crimson Corpse Cover is no longer name-confused.

The shovel is nicely sparkly now to make it easier to see. The presents ... um ... , well, I'll do a separate post for that ...
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I really wanted to give the grave-digging a solid test, since I know how "streaky" the RNG can be, especially with small sample sizes. My counts on the mobs may be a bit low, as I was starting to fade and may have forgotten to make a tick mark or two, but this should give you a reasonable feel for what I saw during the 2+ hours I was at it.

I got 1 present, total in my first 25 digs. That luck, or lack thereof, in actually getting presents at all, continued to be bad for the first half hour, so it took me a considerable amount of time to get enough presents to actually give you new numbers. :(

1 quest starter
    4 hide and seek child
    59+ ghosts with optional fights ("woken spirit")
    151+ critters/zombies that attack
    60 presents
    Total: 275+ graves dug

Presents broke down into the following:
    3 titles
    1 familiar
    1 cube pet
    1 petamorph wand
    12 mummy head
    15 bloody tooth skeleton plushie
    4 candles
    6 grave mound
    2 baby dragon
    15 shinies (9 of which were duplicates)
  17. Mirt Well-Known Member

____________________________________________________________________________
    I dug for 1 hour and 20 minutes and got a grand total of 18 presents, 2 of which were shinies. Kaitheel - PLEASE increase the present AND the shiny drop rate. This kind of slog is really a huge time sink and not fun at all. Thanks
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for the continuing feedback!

My previous change (lowering several house item drop rates, and increasing the collection drop rate), wouldn't have affected the chance to get a treat (the gift boxes). So, my next change will not only increase the chance of getting a treat, but it will also make the collection pieces much more plentiful.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

I understand, Mirt. Please see my note above. Thanks for helping test!

~ Kaitheel
    Cyrrena, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mirt like this.
  20. Mirt Well-Known Member

thank you for doing what you do! :)