Nights of the Dead 2018 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have to wonder about this, too; I didn't even try the first year it came out, after hearing all the complicated maneuvers you have to go through once you get this thing. On top of everything else, what Pixi was nice enough not to grumble about (but I will ;->), is that you'd better clear the whole bloody mansion ahead of time, before you click on anything. Get rid of all the aggro critters first, or else. Not mentioned on Wiki.

Then (or maybe even before ;->), look up the quest on Wiki (I doubt it's on Zam). Well, either the sequence of her rantings in the Wiki write-up is wrong, or different this year, or just random, but I made the near-fatal error of presuming her blithering would be the same as in the write-up, 'cause I didn't have a group of knowledgeable people doing this with me -- oh wait, it's Solo. Even after I give the right answers (I messed up once, at the beginning; after that, I learned to watch for her to say something, anything, while trying not to die), I'm stuck in the same room, with her, behind a weird wall of shimmering whatever that Wiki didn't mention (is that new this year? :-/), waiting for her to say something else, while I'm getting the stuffings waled out of me and/or my pet. Tried clicking the item again; no good. Tried hitting/spelling/wanding/etc. her back; didn't do much of anything at all. Tried /hailing her to get her to say something else and get me outta there to the next clue. Nothing.

Finally, eventually, got to the barroom with the bottles; finally found them all (not easy when you're a Gnome hiding behind the bar [thanks for the advice, Mum! :D] ;->), while my erstwhile Necro combat pet did his best to protect me. Finally, between him, the released spirits, and me throwing all of my Cool Stuff You Get When You Create a Level 100 From Scratch maneuvers at her, we finally managed to kill--well, make her stop moving and being annoying and nuts. Many's the /rude I flung at her face, feet, everything in between. I had NO sympathy left for her at all by that point whatsoever; absolutely none (not that a Necro usually does, but she took the freakin' cake).

I dunno, maybe I did something wrong, too, but thank the gods I didn't have to rely on my own intuition to figure any of that out; even with the help of Wiki, though, I would've easily been doomed. Came really close; then my health and power mysteriously refilled in the barroom, and I have no idea why. :-/

I hope the piano is worth it; I'm willing to do it for my Necro, but as has been said by others: "No more."

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One good thing I will say about this: the drops from the rats and spiders were logical, things like Whiskers and Charred Abdomens (spiders) and Sizzling Rat Tongues, rather than coins (why coins? where would they keep them?), for example. Oh, and Jelly Beans and Licorice Ropes because Nights of the Dead. :D

Uwk
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I can't think of a reason they can't get it either. All the zones they need are unlocked, aren't they?
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As mentioned in my writeup last year (and if the wiki is wrong, it CAN be edited by players, so you can fix what is wrong), you can easily figure out her (random) sequence. Mouse over HER buffs. The first one tells you which item/room you need to find each time she goes on a rant.

Here's part of the info from last year:

I hope that helps a bit.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, it does! :)

Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Tabbyclouds Member

Thank you :) This would be awesome. After losing my home on Stormhold and starting again for a third time, this would be a welcome decision and one I think quite a few people would appreciate :)
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Updated my initial post to reflect the active event for Fallen Gate!

~ Kaitheel
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Thank you friendtheel, i can't wait to have fun.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They are going to be tickled with this. I'll be sure to spread the news!
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Because they will be running amok, amok, amok??
  11. Kaitheel Developer

That is weird, Pixistik. I was not able to reproduce this. At level 2 all mobs spawned at level 2 for me, including the mini-bosses and Altius.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

I've got a slew of changes headed to Test in the next few days (if all goes as planned):
    • Grave Memories - Collection piece drop rate has been increased.
    • Grave Digging:
      • Gravedigger's Shovel is now easier to find in the cities.
      • Fighting mobs now spawn at higher tiers for players above level 100.
    • The Hedge Hollow:
      • Zone exit no longer has any predicates.
      • All mobs have had a scaling buff package added to them, so they are more challenging to higher level characters.
    • Haunted Mansion:
      • Although fire is a weakness for vampires, it no longer inflicts all the damage necessary to kill them. It lets you have some of this fun, too!
    • Troubled Tome - Behaves a bit more predictably now.
    • Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate Armor - Pieces are no longer No-Value.
    • Pumpkin Bomb - Can now be thrown in Maj'Dul.
    • Crimson Lined Coffin Bed - Has been renamed to Satin Lined Coffin Bed.
    • Crimson Corpse Cover - Item name and recipe name are now consistent.
    • The Oversized Autumnal Globe and Square Autumnal Window Pane - Recipes now use Geocraft and Glowing Incense.
    ~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

**edited quote**

Also, our coders tackled the cut-scene bug for characters level 101+ today. I am not sure when that fix will get to Test, but it should also be on its way. It may arrive separately from my other changes listed above, hence why I didn't include it there.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

I've got it down on my list for next year, Niami. It's a good idea, and I want to do it right.

~ Kaitheel
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Thankfully, we've all learned quite a bit, and have become more seasoned at designing repeatable event content through the years. Considering that this quest line was some of the first holiday content implemented (back in 2005), it does have its… oddness. Everyone can do the entire line (Petrified Pumpkin Pies, McQuibble's Mystery, Scary Scarecrows, and The Troubling Truth) once. That run through will remain in your quest log, permanently. Additional run throughs will result in secondary copies of those quests in your journal (this is intended). Those second versions will be removed from your journal after a few weeks, thus allowing you to do the quest line again the following year.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

thank you, thank you, thank you.

did I remember to thank you for this change?
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

quick question about the Nightmarish ceremonial plate armor change is that going to be for the ones we already have in our inventory as well?
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Ah..the labyrinth works fine..try the next quest in the series and save little Vicki in Charnel Hollow.. my bad
    The quest is "Survive the Night"
  19. Wilowsong Active Member

Will this event be for all levels?
    Thanks,
    Wilowsong
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, that is part of what we're testing now - all quests "should" scale to level.