New to EQ2 pvp

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Liliun, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Give me my harvests back! Oh, wait.... ;)
  2. Nuada Active Member

is there now pvp gear for pvp ?
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

No.
  4. Peak Nagafun

This must be a joke.
  5. Peak Nagafun

Correction to your correction. Mastercrafted freedom of action definitely cures.
    I just reversed the names of the potions originally. (action vs mind)
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Every character can get 1 free 16-slot bag from the Station Cash shop, in the Bags section of course.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Shatter Bonds is given to you automatically at level 10 to take status effects/crowd control off of yourself with, but it does so much damage to your hitpoints it's rarely worth using.

Instead, do the main quest line of the newbie islands: A Presence of Evil for Qeynosians on Queen's Colony, and The Final Assault for Freeporters on the Outpost of the Overlord. You can go back at any level and do either one after it's grey if you originally skipped it. (It's not repeatable, though.)

You get 50 pumice stones at the end. Pumice stones not only take off crowd control/status effects, but they don't reduce your health at all. You can buy more pumice stones for status and silver later, in South Qeynos at the store to the right of the cat store, from the city merchant up on the 2nd floor. Freeporters should check the city merchant in Freeport.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Quo's Harvesting quest (which sends you out to 1 harvesting tier at a time to gather mats for Quo) rewards a whopping 17 gold to 36 gold per step. (Bank it safely in Qeynos or Freeport in between each step if you're L10 or higher when you take the quest chain-- starting at L10, you can be attacked in PvP.)

The reward for each step is random but between those two amounts and has nothing to do with your character's level: I've gotten each amount and anything in between, like even 24 gold or 26 gold per step, on different level 5 characters.

You have to be at least level 5 to take the quest, and if you're level 9 or under, you can only be attacked in PvP in the highest-level zones like Sinking Sands, Everfrost, etc. You can take this quest at any level and do it on every alt.

Quo is a little boy across the lake in a field, with a purple feather over his head, on the Isle of Mara. Isle of Mara is available on the Thundering Steppes and Nektulos travel bells.

After you turn in the first step, if you're low level, Quo may not show another quest feather over his head. You can just click on him manually to have him offer the next step of his Harvesting quest chain to you anyway, though, and keep going.

As the first L70s were being reported 1-2 days after Tarinax launched, this has negatively impacted broker prices a lot. Plus crafting is so slow without Tradeskill AAs being usable in-game (although they were when fellow TL server Kaladim launched), that you need to buy a lot more fuel to level it. Quo's Harvesting quest chain can take a little of the financial heat off, and you can do it on every character you've got.

PS/

Frostfang Sea's NPC Brogan MacLellan, just outside of town, located at /waypoint -60, 137, 249 offers a brief quest called Trust Issues that you can take once and do quite easily even on a newly-spawned character. You just run around town, quickly chatting with 4 NPCs, then return to Brogan for your reward.

The pay does seem to increase some depending upon your level, but even at level 5 it pays over 50 silver; I think I've gotten a gold from it when doing it with a L9.

Kattria Minx and Breanna like this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh yeah!

If you're getting a late start on Tarinax or leveling an alt, and you just want to push through the first few levels L10-13 as fast as you can, then team with the gate guards (so to speak).

Antonica has several L25-30 heroic guards at each of the front NQ and SQ gates. Commonlands has guards in front of the WFP gate too. Level close by the guards anywhere you can, in fact, and if a team of enemy oranges starts bearing down on you, just run close to those guards. They will aggro to enemy players.
  10. Kattria Minx New Member

This is a very helpful thread. Thank you to everyone contributing their experience and advice! I'm primarily an EQ1 player on Ragefire, but every once in awhile I come back to EQ2. I love PVP (though I'm not very good at it), so I'm looking forward to leveling up a bit to have fun!
    Siren likes this.
  11. Kattria Minx New Member

My first question: I find the two newbie areas a slog (Overlord's Outpost and Queen's Colony). What's the soonest I can leave and get to CL/DLW/Ant/FFS and still get some EXP? One thing I miss about OG PVE is the newbie areas inside the cities (Oakmyst, Elder Grove, etc) so I could get a lot of variety while learning new classes.

My highest PVE character outside of freebie heroic upgrades is only 43, so while I've played super casually since launch, I still consider myself a newbie. I've never grouped in EQ2.

I've made several characters as I have severe alt-itis. My favorite PVE classes are assassin, channeler, and beastlord, but for Tarinax, I rolled up a Brigand, Assassin, Necromancer, Warlock, Illusionist, Warden, and Bruiser so I can goof around and remember which ones I like playing the most.

I made all my toons Freeport faction only because I cannot stand how Qeynos is laid out in basically three zones.

Thanks again for all this great advice!
  12. Sunshimmer New Member

First, you don't have to do the small boat quest upon character creation. Just right click on the ship's steering wheel to leave immediately. Second, you don't have to do the island quests at all. Just go through the archway on your right to the beach, and talk to the ship's captain. Tell the captain where you would like to go. You can always get back to the island later from a world bell if you change your mind.
    Siren and Kattria Minx like this.
  13. Kattria Minx New Member

Thanks, Sunshimmer! So good to know i don't have to do the boat quest ever again.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that the dupers and exploiters who caused the rollback early on have largely disappeared after getting their main accounts banned. The crowd these days seems much better now on Tarinax.

I hope any late starters weren't put off by the initial bump in the road, and I hope this thread helps them as they go. If I think of anything else that's helpful, in between Nights of the Dead on live, I'll be sure to post it here. :)
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for all that info Siren a little something , there is a bank in the village of Shin over by the doc in the smaller house .
    So that gold Quo hands you can be secured right there in town .
    The first thing I did was level up my first crafters all the way to 70 locking those crafters at level 9.
    when I went to the Kingdom of sky to harvest I striped down my toon to underwear , because any mobs will kill you with one hit anyway .
    on Tarinax any zone higher than Enchanted Lands and Orcish Wastes is unlimited PvP , that means a level 70 can step on a little toon below level 10 , just because they can , but never you fear as long as you are under level 10 you will keep your coppers or rare harvests .
    Usually I was left alone.
    Some even go so far to help you , like clearing out some mobs so you can harvest .
    Lets face it there are good and evil people on both sides.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

From the sounds of it, the Devs actually changed PvP drops overall back in June (via Discord pin):

Kander
    As of 6/08, if you are 5 levels above the actual level of the player you are killing, or more, you will no longer get anything for killing that player. This will be in the patch notes.

June 8, 2021 Patch notes here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-june-8-2021.599872/

PVP
    • Fixed an issue that prevented multi attack from affecting pvp combat.
    • Dumbfire pets will no longer benefit from the players DPS or base auto-attack stats when cast on players.
    • Proof of Death Certificates have been replaced by Tarinax Toe Tags, which will drop at a rate of 1 per 10 levels of the target.
    • Tarinax Toe Tags will not drop if your target is more than four levels below your level.
    • Players who are 5 levels above the actual level of the player you are killing, or more, will no longer get rewards for killing that player.
    • Tarinax Mentoring changes are still in progress with code and QA and were not ready for live at this time. More later.
    • PvP templates for LoN items are still in progress. More later.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yea I know they never got anything out of killing my toon , I think it was like stepping on an annoying bug , I squish it , because I can .
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Newbie News Flash: Clerics (Inquisitors and Templars) can now heal and buff on the run! :cool: They can cast their healing spells and buffs while moving. The live servers must have required this for the new expansion and/or nobody was playing Clerics there, so the devs gave them this, and we got it on the TLs, too.

Scouts can cast on the run, besides having stealth, tracking, and the highest damage in the game. It's about time healers got a little something, too. We could always use more healers, especially on PvP-TL Tarinax. The devs should give Shaman the ability to heal and buff on the run, too, to help offset their long cast times.

Happy New Year! Erollisi is now in full swing on Tarinax, and I hope to see you there!
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Erollsi is in full swing on tarinix, shinies everywhere. I agree and think pvp (especially 1v1) could be more fun if almost ALL classes would be able to cast more spells on the run. Except those couple classes with powerful pets, do without the rabid doggie and sure cast those slow casting spells while you run around :D
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea Siren, I like to play healers and I have experienced it myself, and seen it happen in my own groups. they mark the healers and make sure they get murdered first (don't blame them).
    About clerics, they are so slow casting those healing spells, true they have reactend healing spells, but I am never sure they will trigger when they are really needed.
    I am happy that other classes can do some healing and resuscitating too.