New to EQ2 pvp

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Liliun, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Boldac Active Member

If you think clerics are slow....try casting a shaman ward....
    Breanna, Sunlei and Siren like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Boldac I know lol, I tried them all, I figured there must be something cool about all of them.
    I like shaman for their pets, no person has a reaction time like a computer-generated creation.
    I did not only bring them up to level 10 and quit I even tied each in raids.
    Just because clerics wear plate does not mean they are not vulnerable
    My favorite are druids.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  3. Sunlei Well-Known Member

especially pre-50 where no gear has casting speed and hardly any class has casting speed aa. But the most important strength and always underrated/forgotten is the dog, that dog in the right hands makes one of the most powerful for pvp.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

It's time to bring this "Tips and Tricks" PvP megathread back to the PvP forums, now that we're getting a new PvP-TL in April (with an impending few weeks of beta in March, perhaps). It's got some great reminders for those that haven't PvP'd or even played EQ2 at all in a while.

Hey, it will be a whole lot easier than starting another thread again from scratch, especially concerning certain odd walkthroughs with screenshots, ways of doing things and even some complex account bugs that seem to carry over from server to server. People can add new tips here, too, of course.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Just reminding any new and newly-returning EQ2 players that this "New to EQ2 PvP" thread is the best place for tips and tricks to prevent your repeated untimely PvP demise.... :) Give it a read.
  6. Sadoc Member

Hi all!

New to PVP and was just wondering what a good two-box would be? I was thinking Fury and something but wanted to hear other's opinions too.
  7. Gooby TTV aka Dreww Member

Is the server even launching tomorrow? haven't seen any news about PVP since about a month ago.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

9. Satyr Well-Known Member

Shadowknight or bruiser with a fury. Any other fighter doesn't have enough damage, and you'll get chopped with most other set ups. Other option is something like necro and sk.
  10. QuakeOne New Member

How do I find the PvP servers?
    Character select, it shows: Traditional, Progress, Event, Free Trade, Lore and Legend.
    Which one is PvP?

I'm used to picking the server first then make character its kind of odd to make character and not know if I choose the right server. It doesn't even show server name.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

PvP is listed at the bottom of the Event Server box, which is the center box.
  12. QuakeOne New Member

Most important I think,
    is to find the PvP writs person, grab all the writs you can and then do what you normally do, so now if you happen to kill someone that meets requirements you get something. Compared to have killed them but didn't have the quest/writ being active.

I believe writs is like kill the top 15 people on leaderboard, so if your not in their level can't really do it, EQ2 dev's should look into this.
    I would like to see more kinds of writs too, like a daily writ,
    ex. Go to Antonica and kill someone in that zone for reward

So it has a zone everyone knows there is expected to be a lot of pvping going on rather than searching everywhere.
    One of the issues I see is a lot of good players vs good players or bad players, not so much bad player vs bad player. Too much traveling, so if they do do this.
    Could use more improvement on less skilled vs less skilled pvp fights.
    Maybe during that day they offer free transport to that zone as well.
    If you don't partake in the bloodbath don't goto that zone that day.