new tank ethereal 2.0 ranged is Completely broken.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by kittytank, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a parse from your dps classes and a chat with your tanks and i'll consider your assessment. Otherwise, with no evidence, you're just ************ everyone.
  2. Karagon Active Member

I easily hold agro with tank in full def gear + few DPS jewellery vs 20 million+ dps dpsers in heroic zones. Doing 5-8kk dps myself (up to 10kk+ in dps gear).
    In raids it's even easier with assassin transfering you a lot of agro. Your tanks are really bad if they can't

Though gap between tank's dps in def gear and t1 dpsers is quite huge now...
  3. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Well, if you guys think you can hold aggro fine without the help of a Troub or Transfers, far be it from me to say what you should get.

If you're content with a Lifetap that procs every 30s, you can keep it.

I don't play a tank, so it doesn't affect me whatsoever.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

No one is really saying tanks can't keep aggro if appropriately geared vs the dps classes.

But it's not simply the case that you press autoattack and spam a few buttons and you keep aggro.

Anyone who doesn't play a tank class that says "your tanks suck if they can't keep aggro" does not really understand. It is quite tough battling the hate meter. It gets easier with gear improvements but it's still not faceroll. You are hidden from the facts if you don't play a tank and just see your tanks do a good job.

Fortunately in raid situations, the MT is usually one of the best geared, and has the utility in their group to help keep aggro. And the dps groups have the utility for dehate.

Go into a PUG with no utility, just a tank, heals and 4 mega dps classes, and it's really hard work kerping aggro, and practically impossible if those dps classes are in a better tier of gear. Most dps classes have aggro management abilities of some kind though so they should be using them. I had to when I raided as a dps, and still do in PUGs.
  5. Sounson Active Member

Chakram of Souls looks like a throwing weapon, and uses throwing ammo, but will not allow brawlers to use Mantis Star and gives the message that you must have a throwing weapon equipped. Could we get this fixed in the next patch? I dunno how hard it is to flag an item for being "throwing weapon", but I would appreciate getting my max HP debuff back.
  6. Caith Developer

Sorry I didn't see the bug on this earlier, but this is now fixed for next hotfix.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Your fix is not going to break other tanks being able to use it correct? Because last time I checked, I can't use throwing weapons...
  8. Caith Developer

No, for the same reason a monk can equip it now while it is classified incorrectly as a bow.
  9. Sounson Active Member

Thanks for the quick response, Caith!
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, I was so lucky to get one, and it would ruin my day to log in and find I couldn't use it anymore.
  11. Heck62 Active Member

I just wish the mage ethereal weapons were this good.I'm seeing tanks blow every one away with this one item.DPS on AE fights with this item is off the chain.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Ummm no. We might no longer be last on the parse using this item, but we are still way behind both t1 and t2 dps.

And if you really are seeing tanks be number one on the parse, it's time to tell your dpser's to wake up and hit some buttons.
  13. Xiaolong New Member

@Caith could you please look up the Ironfist, the Breaker thread I started like 2 weeks ago - and tell the rest of your remaining Brawlers what you are planning with the off-hand?
  14. Heck62 Active Member

Or,maybe you've never saw the item used by a player that knows how to exploit the item.This item is responsible for 90% of a tanks dps when used correctly on AE fights,No other eth comes close.
  15. Demon New Member

Indeed,

I saw a tank with 35 Millions DPS yesterday. According ACT, 26 of them were from the Chakram of souls... Overpowered ? :p
  16. Wurm Well-Known Member

It does 35 to 40% of my parse on average. And the highest AOE parse I've had with it equipped was to the tune of 13 million (stacked group and I was still 4th on the parse).

Then again, Paladins are pretty much the lowest dps tank in the game ATM, so I could see a Zerker or SK doing a good amount more.

However if, (using your words) someone is "exploiting" the item, then report them. Oh wait, it is probably someone you know, scratch that.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Post pictures next time, as far as online claims go, I'm from Missouri ;)
  18. Demon New Member

[IMG]

Sorry for the french crap, but here you go :)

Could not find the fight i was speaking about but this one show the problem too. As you can guess Extraire is the Extraction proc from the chakram.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

What I noticed is that as I upgraded my spells the less damage % that the chakram did. With expert to master it did around 45 - 50% of my damage, now that I have all the important stuff for my class grand mastered it does as I said before 35 - 45%
    depending on the fight and I'm running at 1400+ crit chance at all times.

http://u.eq2wire.com/spells/soe_character_spells/871878790125 - my spells.

Due to the french I'm not sure what class the fighter is I see Dragon V so I'm guessing Monk, what spell level does he have and what is his crit chance?

Do I think one item should contribute so much of tank's dps? No. But I am of the opinion it goes to show how out of date and lacking all the tank's spells and CA are atm. And all tanks desperately needed some type of damage boost. If this is how our dev's are planning to go about it in the future, so be it.
  20. Demon New Member

the guy is a berserker