new tank ethereal 2.0 ranged is Completely broken.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by kittytank, Jul 10, 2015.

1. kittytank New Member

Chakram of souls ranged slot proc says:

On any combat or spell hit, Ethereal Leach procs a lifetap based off the casters maximum health.

In reality it almost NEVER procs, and when it does it procs leech maybe once a minute healing 300-1020 health. (on a tank with 3.9 million health and full raid gear). This is NOT working as intended.. Please post if/when you will have a fix.
  2. kittytank New Member

I stand corrected, seems like just the heal portion is borked atm.
  3. Entropy Well-Known Member

are you perhaps at full health most of the time its proccing? what is the dmg portion hitting for?
  4. kittytank New Member

ok, its not as bad as I thought. With no healer doing a heroic, the heals proc'ed 8 times in a 90 sec fight (all abilities spammed), procing for 193k per heal/ 16k average. Still doesn't proc as described. Damage is decent. This was an AE fight with 12 mobs, so proc rates were good.
  5. kittytank New Member

seems to be like the other weapons, 1 proc every 30 secs hard proc (though can ae).
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I like how you missed out the damage is like 10-20 million per proc :p
  7. Eddard Member

Why is the 11% mit on the bow 4% less than the combined previous tank ethereal, and less than all the other "heroic" bows - even the caisson bow has 11.5% mit and the RC heroic bow has 12% mit.
  8. kittytank New Member

the damage is decent , but only once per 30 secs. The issue is that its "supposed" to be a lifetap proccing every hit, and it does not do that due to the 30 sec restriction. If it worked as intended (and the damage reduced to compensate), it might be ok. Keep in mind that even a mending rune out heals this thing 10:1.
  9. Eles Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry at the moment. We will have better weapons this fall with the next campansion. We are just doing live tests for what's coming.
  10. kittytank New Member

all the more reason to deal with the issue before they become baked in and live ! :)
  11. Caith Developer

Say's who? Whoever it is, lied to you.
  12. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

the Lifetap should become an absorb shield for this to be slightly useful to a tank.

As a tank, you're either dead or at full health, and relying on a proc for a heal is just a bad concept in this game when mobs can 1 shot any player with their 10 million damage hits.

Tanks need to bring in more support to groups/raids or get some aggro ability like the Trakanon shield or something similar to help them keep and maintain aggro.
    Kryvak likes this.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Badly worded proc description is why.

As it reads, it should proc on every hit. If not intended, it should either say "Can only proc once every 30s" or "On a succesful hit, has a chance to blahblahblah"
  14. Mahho New Member

Really? Either you are bad tank or play with bad tanks. All the tanks have katzillion snap skills + all the procs. Keeping agro is easy currently :)
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

The majority of tanks I PuG with have aggro issues when there's no transfers in grp. Snaps are only good to regain lost aggro, not holding it. Once snapped you could loose it as fast again. Personally I don't have aggro issues when I play tank becuz I do not tank grps until I have gear to successfully hold aggro against those horrible 20mil summoners
  16. Wurm Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it's easy... you still have to work at it.
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

Absolutely. As a tank you may be able to survive in your 4/4 blue gear in the hardest dungeons thanks to cycling of temps, but trying to hold aggro and keep at the top of the pile on 1m dps vs 30m dps classes is tough.

I try to do the same, but sometimes there's no other tank!
  18. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Then you must play with really bad dpsers who can't do over 20million dps, let alone reach over 40 million dps with just a couple of CAs/Spells + Autos.

In a raid progression guild that has already cleared all content and every dps class is extremely well geared, tanks can't keep up with the aggro, therefore they are required to have Coercive Shouts and Abhorrent Verses to be able to keep up and maintain the aggro, otherwise it's bye bye DPS.
  19. Flamace Active Member

Our tanks rarely loose aggro and they'd kick dps from the raid if they were doing 20 million, at the very least everybody would heckle them. Hell our bards and enchanters do more than 20 mil easily...
  20. Mahho New Member

I say you need new tanks when they cant keep agro even with endgame gear :)