New mount art, nice, but...

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Drumstix, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Arro Guest

My sons were so disappointed when the first "take flight" promotion ended and they lost their gryphons that they kind of lost interest and only played when my wife and I asked them to hunt with us. Last night we took them to get Raptors and they are so thrilled with them they don't even WANT gryphons anymore. :)
    I love the terror bird too, but I wish there were a "nicer" version as I would love one for my Ranger but just can't see him on something that "evil" looking
  2. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Valentina@Butcherblock wrote:
    Let me double check this on Monday.
  3. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

We need a way to switch mounts quickly using macros when they're in our mounts tab rather than having to carry them in bags.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

The raptor models are perhaps some of the best looking models I have seen in EQ2, period.
    They are rendered very nicely and their detail is awesome. I hate the terrorbird though, it is terrorbad :p
    That said, seriously nice work on the raptors. I also like the almost dog quality of the gliders with their tounges hanging about all silly like.
  5. ARCHIVED-Loendar Guest

I don't know ... the Terrorbird and the lizard-glider thing (not Raptor) are way too cartoony for my opinion of what EQ2 graphics are supposed to be.
    They smack of WoW to me - and that isn't a compliment.
  6. ARCHIVED-Emerix Guest

the new mounts are awesome. So love the raptor!
  7. ARCHIVED-DCWarlord Guest

8. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

ttobey wrote:
    The new pegasus skeleton file must not have gotten pushed. On my machine here, the camera is more or less in the middle of the players back instead of the horse's butt. There is some play still, if I move my camera low, its going to be lower when you zoom in.
  9. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

This may not be the write place for this, but i will put it here any way. Is there any chance that you can allow the at least the gliding mounts to be used as an appearance over the flying mounts. I know the flying can be used over the glider's and leapers. but it would be nice to have the choice to showing the newer and nicer leaper or glider mounts.
  10. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

The glider doesn't have all the animation states needed to fill out the flying set.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Love the leapers the gliders are harder to control but otherwise alright...BTW when using a cloud Teleporter or an escape teleport in TT while mounted you wind up gliding between the islands.
    Any word on what will happen to say the overclocked Gnomish Hoverpad (Flyer/leaper)? (The mastercrafted T9-tinkerer mount).
  12. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Awwww :( That's too bad, I was really hoping to use the komodo as appearance for both my ground and flying mounts. :(
  13. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

So why are the new mounts fart-powered? I don't belive there was any explanation for that. It looks so incredibly stupid that I refuse to use the new mounts.
  14. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Thanks for looking into it!
  15. ARCHIVED-phatkins Guest

Glad you guys like the Raptor, and for some of you the Terrorbird. ttobey and I had a lot of fun with the Terrorbird in particular. The vocal skills are impressive to say the least, and we drove the audio guy nuts while testing it. It was an idea that ended up becoming funnier as we went along and probably the most laughing we've done in a while. Thank you guys for letting us make stuff like this.
  16. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Thanks, your low cam description gave me just about the only laugh I had today relating to EQ2. I notice you commented that you can't control exactly where the cam is when zooming in. Is this the reason first person point-of-view on a horse is so much lower than it should be, i.e. viewing from the level of the characters chest rather than the head? I never posted or bugged it but it has been bothering me for a long time, and now with the hyperfast ground mounts, it's gut-wrenching, since being lower to the ground multiples the speed effects even more.
  17. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I just wanted to say while I really liked the raptors ever since I saw the first pics, when I got my first wind komodo last night I was hooked. I love the look of that thing. =)
    I love my horse mounts but thank you so much for something different.

...but now I want to see some more in game beefy horse mounts lol =) We still only have the rime horse unless we want to shell out some SC if we want a beefy horse in game.
  18. ARCHIVED-Giggilie Guest

I love the Terrorbird and the first thing that we noticed was the voice....its so funny ! I am so glad to see something created that is odd... I would love to see more fun stuff put in the game like this! How about a gnome sized mount that says sarcastic things to you ... or a little halfling glider that begs for pie and jumjum? The raptors also are so cool looking, we have been having little Jurassic park jokes running all week. Thanks again for bringing back the entertainment :) BRAVO
  19. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Please, please, please give us some way to hide the flying mounts when on the ground. I have no issue with the griffons when we're flying, my problem is in many of the raid zones where mounts are visible but in which flying is not enabled. We're left with all of the drawbacks of a flying mount (low speed, can't hide it) but none of the benefits of a flying mount! As the best mount (stat-wise) in the game is currently a griffon, we're forced to wear her when raiding, but this causes serious issues with mobility when raiding. There are a lot of raid fights that require a bit of running around, jousting out, and jumping over small ledges, and the slowness of mounts when they back up is really crippling in these situations. Previously, when raid mounts were ground based, I could just hide my mount and not have to deal with it, but now I'm stuck with a mount I can't hide!
    There are a couple of ways you could potentially fix this:
    • Allow us to hide flying mounts when on the ground but not in the air
    • Add in another raid-quality dropped mount that is a ground mount and not a flying mount
    • Add in a merchant that would let us exchange crysta for a ground mount with the same combat stats.
  20. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    Was just gonna mention this.
    I liked the original horses. The big ones that looked like draft horses.
    While I enjoy my nightmare on my warlock, the legs are too scrawny. They don't look like big bad-a war mounts, they look like silly prissy pansy ponies you'd see a horse show doing tricks. It made sense for the Maj'Dul horses. Desert, Arabian horse style(smaller, thinner/lighter looking horses) but the model imo sucks for nightmares. I'm also not a fan of how the rump plate flares out towards the back when looking at it from the rear.
    The leather barding on the Cavalry horses on the rump of the animal is uneven in the back. One side is lifted higher up the horse's butt than the other side. This is why I cannot stand to use those. The model used for them is great otherwise, and the legs don't look like twigs. Maybe stick that in with a flamey foot/eye effect and call it a day? >.>