New mount art, nice, but...

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Drumstix, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Drumstix Guest

I think the art style used on the new mounts are nicely done. They look like and mesh well with the EQ world, especially since raptors were already in the game with a similar look. Great job bringing in some new art and content for the players!

( However, I've been noticing most screenshots (especially the release of these leapers and gliders) is all SOGA character models riding. Is SOE ashamed of their stock character models anymore? I personally don't use SOGA, as I can't stand it against the art against the rest of the game. Just my opinion though... but why the neglect of the non-SOGA models?
    If they're outdated, time for some upgrades )
  2. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

I think the screenies covic took are all with non soga models.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

I like the old models but the biggest complaint about the old models was about the hair textures and playdoh hairstyles.
    How about nudging the graphics guy to work on some better hair textures for the game. So you guys can make us some newer improved hairstyles for character models.
  4. ARCHIVED-Drumstix Guest

Agreed, Gungo. Would like to see more options in the art department for features already in the game. Hard to show off good stuff that hasn't been upgraded/changed or had additions since launch.
    And from the screenshots, I'm just looking at the hairstyles to tell that they are SOGA. Even the SC post has the same. Except the Ratonga of course.
  5. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

I'd rather see new skin textures. You know, with facial and muscle details as part of the textures, as in many other newer games.
  6. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Hi ttobey, I know there was an art push today (for the new mounts), but did the pegasus camera change not go live? I still seem to get a big old view of horse butt whenever I am flying about.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Drumstixx@Blackburrow wrote:
    Let me get this straight... you dislike the soga models yet praise the craptastistic saturday morning cartoon show mounts.
    Not very consistant. Perhaps you should look at the Terror bird again.
  8. ARCHIVED-sheila717 Guest

Lasai wrote:
    LOL yeah I think the Terrorbird was a bit rushed... but the one you get from the quest looks great!

Also I kinda wish they would do what they did with Humans, give the Default models the SOGA hairstyles.
  9. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

What do you mean by the Terrorbird being rushed? He's my favorite out of the bunch.
  10. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Valentina@Butcherblock wrote:
    I just tested on mine, and it looks ok to me however there is a bit of play. If you are low and behind, you are going to get procto cam when you zoom in, but if you are a bit above it is fine. I can''t control exactly where your cam is when you are zooming in.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tsubereru Guest

ttobey wrote:
    I have to admit, the Terrorbird is my absolute favorite of the new ones too - it's my own personal Kevin the Snipe.

[IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

I did the Terrorbird voice too ! :)
    Well when I did it, it sounded like a turkey, our sound guy tweaked my gobbling into what it is.
  13. ARCHIVED-sheila717 Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Doesn't seem to "fit" in EQ is all, but just my opinion. (Don't hurt me with your big T-Rex mount please) :(
  14. ARCHIVED-Drumstix Guest

Lasai wrote:
    I don't think the SC mounts screenies were even posted when I started this topic. But I saw them afterword. The Terrorbird doesn't mesh well, but the others do. Anything that is already in the game usually meshes well though. Wouldn't realy say I'm praising them. Just bringing up a topic I think is being pushed under the carpet time after time.
  15. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Hmm. Ok... when I first rise into the air, it's fine, but as soon as I push forward, it's back to the horse's rear end. It's not a problem with the griffin mount.. I guess I will just stick to those in the future. Thanks for the reply!
  16. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

ttobey wrote:
    As I said to my guild earlier today, I think the Terrorbird is two scoops of cool!
    But I do wish that when I use the mousebutton 4 "Jump" option in an outdoor area that the raptors and komodos would do their rearing/vocalizing animations instead of taking flight, as if I had hit the spacebar. The gryphons work this way, rearing and spreading their wings wide with a piercing ka-kaw when I hit mousebutton 4, and taking flight when I hit the spacebar... but the new mounts only seem to do this when in an indoor/non-flight area :(
  17. ARCHIVED-Coolit Guest

I really like the new mount look also, looks great.

In fact I prefer the look to the flying mounts not that they don't look good either
  18. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Why the heck do the raptors appear to be fart powered? Everytime I see one jump there are white clouds shooting out from underneath it!
  19. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

I'm enjoying the new mounts so much! I even love the fact that gliding requires skill and practice, and I'm looking forward to exploring the possibilities of both mounts. Very good job!
    While it's discouraging to read the requisite whinging from some players, I find that is more than compensated for when I see lots of players having a great time all around me. They may not be blathering away on the forums but they are happily leaping and gliding everywhere. The chat channels are alive with advice on mount handling and it's quite wonderful as far as I'm concerned.
    Also love the way the raptors seem to chirp to each other when there's more than one standing around. However, I admit I'm already unreasonably attached to my little Komodo dragon and have been spending a lot of time in GFD jumping off things (after practicing in the wide open spaces of CL for awhile...) I find that panning the camera back a bit so that I can see my glider from the POV of a kind of aircraft attitude indicator helps me keep level and control banking. Looking forward to combining gliding with popping up off whirlwinds...
  20. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Ttobey - Your one step closer! Now you just need to add a mechanic that allows for panda illusions while mounted and you'll be in bliss.