New Merged Server Name Poll Results!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Strings Well-Known Member

So when typing between-server /tells, will we need to include the ' in Maj'dul? I never remember the ' when typing it normally, I just say Maj dul or Majdul.
  2. Soxer Member

Sucks that Crushbone that i played on since release is now gone forever. Brings tears to my eyes, bye bye CB hi uhm Maj'Dul /yuck
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

if I remember right with Lucan D'Lere server we didn't have to type the apostrophe in the name just Lucan_dlere the underscore being the only special character used to separate words in a name.
    The Halls_of_fate will be one of 2 servers now to remember that rule in tells and mail. Or when switching to characters there. as in /camp halls_of_fate.chikkin if that still works (I remember having trouble with camping to AB toon that way so not sure)

Short, hard to misspell, simple words are best for server names
    Tkia, Prissetta and Eradani like this.
  4. Marieta New Member

Hello,
    Thank you all from Daybreak who working on this marge for hard work. I cannot wait for meet new players !!!! wish you all nice week around - with all my respect Marieta
    Siren and Prissetta like this.
  5. Badhealer Active Member

We are coming from Guk to HoF, I would like to transfer our whole guild to Skyfire, but I do not want to loose any character names in the process. I am sure the same bumping rights will not apply as the server consolidation does. We created many of our characters back in early 2005 and have grown fond of their names.
  6. Seriously Member

You can transfer over to AB just fine. That's what myself and a HUGE amount of folks will be doing anyway. Where are you getting that we'll be unable to?

Enoibia and Lateana like this.
  7. Wilhelm_Arcturus New Member

Well, if history is any indicator, they will have until mid-to-end of November to get things running right. The only plan so far is to announce the expansion on October 1.
  8. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Hmmm Halls of Fate? I second the "Fate" only name.
    GrunEQ and Prissetta like this.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

Free transfers.. including off AB...

So after transferring 15+ toons to AB last year to get OFF a deserted server, I'm back to being on a deserted server.

Thanks.

Couldn't you have just added AB to the merger list?

Sigh...
  10. Enoibia Well-Known Member

It wasn't my first choice but it could have been worse. Halls of Fate may be three words but it is also only three syllables, which is one Less than Antonia Bayle!
    FriggaWitch and Prissetta like this.
  11. Chocoholic Active Member

Thanks for allowing us to vote for our new server name, and also for all of the hard work that is going on behind the scenes. My favorite name did not win, but I am happy with Halls of Fate and am looking forward to the new merged community!
    FriggaWitch and Siren like this.
  12. Arieste Well-Known Member

So.. the two servers that got stuck with lame names (MD and HoF) are the servers that were FORCED to ONLY VOTE FOR ZONE TITLES. While the one server that go a reasonably cool name - Skyfire - was somehow miraculously exempt from this restriction. (There is no EQ2 zone called "Skyfire", there is a POI called "Skyfire Mountains"). It's pretty terrible way to do things, especially when multiple people from the B/CB/Oasis had suggested cool POI's such as "Twin Tears" or shortened POIs such as "Ro" for the name.

Oh well, see you on the MaryJane server. So happy to soon be inhabiting the server that'll be inevitably abbreviated to the common name for the relaxant that so many of its players partake in.
    Kurisutaru, Mitten, Grannos and 4 others like this.
  13. Strings Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be MD, not MJ? We can all make doctor jokes.
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Seriously Member

AB is where a ton of folks will be going. But, if that doesn't interest you, we can transfer to/from AB as well :)

15. Blackdog Member

a year...sounds hinky..
  16. Brena New Member

1. Are the free transfers for accounts or toons? In other words, will I be able to transfer some characters but not others?
    2. If so, if I transfer some of my guild officers but not others, will my guild exist on 2 servers?
    3. I'm dreading losing my toon names. It was bad enough when 2 servers merged, but with 3 being merged.... If I use the free transfer to move my toons with an X at the end of their names to a server with no naming conflicts, can I have my old names back?
    Thanks
  17. Ratza Well-Known Member

For all of you complaining about the choices for new server names...there were 3 different threads asking people to post their suggesitons/ideas....I'm pretty sure the name choices were picked from the most popular concensus based on thise 3 threads.

I'm hoping the mergers take place early October not later. Would be nice to get settled down on our new server well before the new Xpac release.
    Blackdog and Siren like this.
  18. Roria New Member

Im glad of the free moves but I would like to know if a guild leader wants to move her guild from one of the new servers to another well that be aloud? I know that each guildie well have the choise to move with or to another just wondering if the guild can go
    Eradani likes this.
  19. Roria New Member

Ok I understand all about the free moves to other servers my question is if a guild leader wants to move from one of these new servers to another well the guild be able to move I realize the guildies well need to move there own chars. Just wanted to know about the whole guild house lol don't want it floating in space
  20. miissty New Member

giggles =)