New Merged Server Name Poll Results!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Who will be #1 on maj'dul?
  2. Baphmistra Active Member

I'm not a fan of the name changes, and I'm thinking of making a guild that says Freeport Server. Aside from that one part of this gives me hope, the original FAQ "We're currently looking at the end of September..." is now "We are looking at October...", so maybe this can just keep getting postponed until it snows all across Norrath. It's still nice to know that you are taking care not to experiment with our accounts, and I hope this works better than some of the past debacles I've heard of.:cool:
  3. Badhealer Active Member

It is what it is. At first different servers developed their own personality and play styles.. but that is lost with each merger. Change is sometimes good and Guk was a bit dead, it will be interesting to see what type of community Halls of Fate turns out to be.

So are we going to have "End of the World" events on all the servers? May as well make it fun!
    Siren, Prissetta and Adevil like this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

What a brilliant idea!!
    Siren and Prissetta like this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

does that mean I will be able to transfer for free from Maj'dul, Halls of Fate or Skyfire TO Antonia Bayle?
  6. Elfie New Member

I voted for Skyfire on Freeport. I think it is the best name of the three winners too.
    Zallnessa, Siren, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  7. Jamis New Member

Makes me wonder why they didn't just make a backup and test the merge on the backup, then if all goes well carry through. Certainly Daybreak can afford special maintenance servers right?
  8. Nuhvohk Active Member

wow ok so we're finally getting a server merge and ya'll are complaining about the name of all things. smh people
  9. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Ugh. Halls of Fate? Seriously? Even my EQ one Cazic Thule was better than that.
    Grannos likes this.
  10. Xevran Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your server. In better news though you can have a free transfer to Skyfire, a server with a good name! ;)
    Zallnessa, Siren and Prissetta like this.
  11. Dark Archon Member

So.. can Skyfire transfer to AB?
  12. LordTiras Well-Known Member

It seems like testing this would have been rather straightforward, and the database merge code should not have been too complex, if done "inelegantly" by just taking one table at a time from the servers and working through them. I understand the desire to get the merger done, but this sort of sounds like the new process, all the time and effort on that, has been wasted for expedience simply due to a vague fear of "screwing something up". With proper backups of the databases, it's simply impossible to screw this up on a permanent basis.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Mitten Active Member

Well the name of the thread is 'New Merged Server Name Poll Results!' That implies to me, that it's about the new server names.
    Should we be complaining in another thread?
    Grannos, Xevran and Seefar like this.
  14. Breta Well-Known Member

/tell Halls_Of_Fate.PoorPlayer how do you like your ridiculously long name?
  15. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I am very disappointed that people will be allowed to LEAVE Antonia Bayle for free, but not JOIN.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Populations on AB versus post-merge servers must allow this or it wouldn't have been offered.

Could be worse, could be an EU server.
  17. amarisa Member

Believe it or not, there are many of us that did not want this.
    Kurisutaru, Grannos, Tkia and 5 others like this.
  18. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Unrest's choice were just horrible.
  19. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Those who live in the fantasy of server mergers saving the game are always disappointed.
    Grannos, Tkia, Griffon Lady and 2 others like this.
  20. amarisa Member

Everfrost will become Halls of Fate, it was the least obnoxious choice, but still sucks. I will be transferring some of my characters to Skyfire and wait for more merges for my others.
    Grannos likes this.