New merc drops

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by jessejames, Dec 3, 2014.

1. jessejames Active Member

Has anyone else come to the same or different conclusion while comparing coe/aom mercs?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've found that none of the tank mercs can hold aggro unless they have their own transfer (amends) or get a transfer put on them (as from coercer, assassin, swashy).
    Daeren doesn't stand a chance on aggro against my warden and even my wussy inq pulls aggro from him unless I give him plenty of time to build aggro. To be fair, though, Daeren has no taunts.
    The new CE merc keeps my Coercer and Brig alive just fine. Stamper kept them both alive fine last expac
  3. jessejames Active Member

[IMG]

The most positive thing I can say about the troub merc is I like the way it looks. If you won't make the new mercs useful could you at least make an appearance slot for mercs. Its a shame that Stamper is still more useful in aom content.... :(
  4. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Same reason any "blue" spells/CAs a merc gets become "green" versions. Mercs aren't allowed (heh) to pull non-aggro adds with AE attacks.

If it helps, assume they have ~95% AE auto, but never remember to turn off Singular Focus. :D
  5. Pwnsparkles New Member

There's already a mechanic for AE's to be blue in a sense but never pull adds: dagger storm. On another note, this STILL hasn't been addressed, and my suspicion is that it is because there's no rhyme or reason to quality of mercenaries relative to their difficulty to acquire/newness to the game. Even within what should obviously be the same category some mercenaries are objectively terrible. Mercenaries are SO much worse than maxed out characters (even in garbage gear) that it's a non-priority to get this straightened out... Also because some mercs are inaccessible to most people (10 yr, and to a lesser extent CE), devs are probably averse to telling us that they are either the best (thus pissing off people who can't have them) or not the best (thus pissing off people who think they're special for having them).