New merc drops

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by jessejames, Dec 3, 2014.

1. jessejames Active Member

Anyone know anything about how good these mercs that are dropping like the pygmy pally merc or the spider zerk merc? Any other ones? Better tanks than the 10 year vet mercs?
  2. jessejames Active Member

Wow no one tried them out yet?
  3. Vexrm Member

Haven't seen them and don't see any info on them. Where do they drop?
  4. jessejames Active Member

The pygmy pally drops in a Dino herioc (which?)
    The spider zerk drops in a Ossuary herioc

They dropped a few times with discos being on the last patch day. I'm assuming they added them in and didn't tell anyone?

That's about all I know. Looking for more info.
  5. Vexrm Member

Well I want a spider zerker. I know what I'll be running constantly. Even if he's bad.
  6. jessejames Active Member

I can't assume they are that great if they were disco'd yesterday and multiple ones have been looted since. Not that rare, harder to get Kenny/perrin and can't sell those like these new mercs.

Oh btw, I do like the idea of playing a healer sending a pygmy to tank for me
  7. Loredena Active Member

I've not seen them on live, but I did on beta. They were pretty good in my opinion.
  8. jessejames Active Member

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/753487558 Mercenary: Zelbie Whackya
    When consumed this token will grant the usage of the Pirate Mercenary! This mercenary uses brigand abilities and can be hired somewhere on the beaches of Death Weave Isle. Requires Account Feature: Mercenaries.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/716546304 Mercenary: Quaar the Feral
    When consumed this token will grant the usage of the Urzarach Mercenary! This mercenary uses berserker abilities and can be hired on Death Weave Isle. Requires Account Feature: Mercenaries.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2549467332 Mercenary: Lorr'kejut
    When consumed this token will grant the usage of the Allu'thoa Mercenary! This mercenary uses inquisitor abilities and can be hired on the island of North Dshinn in the Phantome Sea. Requires Account Feature: Mercenaries.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2660960239 Mercenary: Zelbie Whackya
    When consumed this token will grant the usage of the Pygmy Mercenary! This mercenary uses paladin abilities and can be hired from the pygmy village of Bawgava on South Dshinn. Requires Account Feature: Mercenaries.

all discod yesterday
  9. jessejames Active Member

soe I missed the part in the patch notes that you were adding at least 4 new mercs :)

anyway still the questions, how much dps does the brig merc do?

How do the 2 tank mercs compare to the 10 year yet mercs? Can they hold agro over a heroic geared 100 dps class toon?

How does the healer merc compare with the CE merc? kenny/perrin?
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Sure hope the spider bear merc isn't as huge as the ones on the island are, the mercs from Skyshrine caused enough LOS problems as is.
  11. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Lorr'kejut is the inquisitor (hire on the north side of the big hill on North D'Shinn, near the village). Not amazing DPS, but will at least verdict. ;)
  12. jessejames Active Member

Stamper is a verdict machine so that's not saying much. Lol
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

All of the Inq do that really well.
  14. Gninja Developer

These mercs have been there since launch.
  15. Vexrm Member

These aren't time limited are they?

EDIT: I posted without refreshing. Thank you gninja for ninjaing me.
  16. jessejames Active Member

I find it a silly notion that they've been in the game for weeks without anyone looting them, then all of a sudden a patch day 4 mercs get disco'd and have dropped multiple times since. Maybe they were in the game but surely wasn't activated to drop
    Jodiph and Malleria like this.
  17. Jodiph Active Member

Exactly this. In addition the mythical helms, weapons, and mount all get disco the same evening after the patch rolls out.

If these were intended to be dropping since launch that's cool, but something in the patch "fixed" whatever was preventing them from doing so.
  18. Gninja Developer

That very well may be. I honestly don't know but I know these items were hooked up to drop and should have been dropping from day one though they are intended to be pretty rare.
    Jodiph likes this.
  19. jessejames Active Member

What's your definition of rare? There is already at least 3 or 4 of the pygmy pally on my server already in less than a week. Considering you can only find Kenny/perrin every few days, I don't consider these new mercs all that rare.
  20. Gaealiege Active Member

My group gained both the paladin and the berserker. I think we sold the paladin, but we've tested the berserker. We didn't really allow him to tank in a heroic, but allowed him to try his hand at dps. The merc seems as terrible as the berserker merc from CoE.

Oh and to answer another poster, he's actually small. He's 1/3 the size of a normal urzanach.