New look on armor

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-LordDragone, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

kela wrote:
    Fix your formatting Kela... it's getting very old and very annoying that you are unquotable.

There are more options than the Bloodlines Set.. there are actually two sets there, the Qeynos set is nice, the Freeport set is a horrible mishmash of leather, chain and plate graphics.

Qeynos Guard and Freeport Militia offer a set of Chain and Plate each, as do the Celestial Watch and Dismal Rage. The queynos scout faction offers one leather set, the Seafuries offer two. All of these are level one cloth, and are on the faction merchants.

They need to remove the mitigation from the City Parade armor sets as well, absolutely NO reason these sets shouldnt be wearable by all.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cica Guest

I agree with Lasai above me they could also put some different colors of the parade armor on the city merchant, or the D'morte armor in diff colors i would love also ! Would love some nice deep red, aqua, black, and whatever else my mage type characters would love it ! :)
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Lasai wrote:
    It is NOT my problem talk to the Forum Devs... I have tried and never got a responce... that said people can and have quoted me... it just takes some work on your part... wich sucks, don't you think if it was something on my end I would have fixed it LONG befor now.

As for the other sets, I was fairly certain there was more then one set(thats why I said atleast one), but I didn't recall where from, which is why I did not talk about those.
  4. ARCHIVED-kuraan Guest

kela wrote:
    The trouble with that logic is that the class hats had to be unique to the class. They required vastly more effort to design than say, going to an encyclopedia and looking up other historic armor designs.

Sure, it takes time to design something neat and class-specific; I'll grant you that all day long, but you're not comparing apples to apples when you use class hats as an example of why it takes so long to develop new models. Class hats are entirely original, whereas armor designs are not. There's a much longer incubation period for original ideas than for reappropriated ones.
  5. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

@Ke'la, Lon has tons of great looking armor, take the one on chars in the startup screen of the new ethernauts screen for example.
    @valkry, only reason I insist on wearing a robe on my mage toons (and my fury) is the looks of the other armor, I'm simply not happy with the way the majority of it looks.
  6. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

kuraan wrote:
    One item is NOT one item, it is something like 80+ items, and that is just the chestplate. Yes, it takes time to come up with a bit of consept art, but that is not and has never been the thing that take the time, its the minor tweeks and such that each armor piece has to go through to get it to proporly fit every race... and they still don't fit right half the time.
  7. ARCHIVED-kuraan Guest

kela wrote:
    I didn't say anything about one item only being one item. What I did say is that it takes longer to dream up and build a completely original item than it does one that is based on an existing design.

No matter how you may choose to mince words about sizing and fitting, those problems apply to the brand new items as well. In fact, armor still holds a decided advantage over things like class hats because old designs can be retrofitted beyond new textures, especially so now that the developers have an idea of how to fit items to the various bodies.

Oh, and yes, the concept art has been the monkey wrench plenty of times. Ask the classes that ended up last in line for class hats.