New Grotto Items on Test Server

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Afista, Apr 21, 2013.

1. krizet Active Member

another SQUEEEEE!! :p
    Oh, you creepy, finger-tapping, hairy little faun-man, I know you had a hand in bringing these new items to the grottos... You can never let me go, can you? Very well... I shall make your wretched root beer again... and again... and again...
  2. Galldora Well-Known Member

I'm completely overwhelmed with all the great new grotto stuff! Those boulders are absolutely awesome, wonderful plushies, super new plants! A new dead tree! Yeah!!! Thanks to all who created these yummy tidbits for us to gobble up. I'm feelin' the luv! :D

I would also welcome some relatively flat slabs of rock with the same patterns as those boulders, and should anyone want to add yet more plushies, I've long coveted those zygomids with the colorful heads. (Yeah, I know...overwhelmed by all the new stuff and yet never quite satisfied...:rolleyes: )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Galldora Well-Known Member

Indeed, I can still smell a hint of wintergreen and vanilla wafting in the air from that last glut of root beer, and another flood is headed our way! Thank Tunare (or whomever you personally thank for such things) that the little faun-man decided to purchase from us as much beer as our fingers can brew. Remember the days when he would buy only one batch a month? :( :p:p
    Karrane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, they do have those player-made flattish slabs of grey rock, but they're all...grey. Nice and neutral, but it would be cool to match the boulders they're bringing out, yeah. ;->

Plus, none of my Carpies are of a level to make the others yet. :-(

Uwk
  5. Galldora Well-Known Member

oo
    Yes, I've been finding the stone of adoration tiles to be very useful, but matching rock surfaces would be very nice. I've longed for tiles or large flattish slabs that match the rough stone tables and the oggokian tables (tho probably without the purple graffiti.) I use a huge number of oggokian tables because they do have a nice flat top you can walk on and they blend together in a most cooperative manner, but sometimes burying the legs is a bit cumbersome and I long for an ogre with a huge mallet to knock those legs off ;).

...small portion of my extensive network of caves:p...
    [IMG]
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Where do you do most of your work? :)

Uwk
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

As I'm standing in the kitchen preparing my lunch, it hits me..I can now make a representation of the Tarby ring event in my museum! I've always wanted to do that!!
  8. Galldora Well-Known Member

Thanks, Uwk! My characters are all on Freeport these days, and I'm working on caves below a Tenebrous Isle.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! It's one of the places I'm considering getting a free account for, just for home touring (and keeping it down to only 2 character slots restrains my impulse to get off the alt-aholic wagon!)... ;->

Though I didn't know there were caves below the Tenebrous place...wow. ;->

Uwk
  10. Galldora Well-Known Member

There aren't...but there is a space underground where you can "dig" your own caves! ;)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, nertz; now I'll have to look into getting one...now, let's see; for which character... ;->

Uwk
  12. grlnxtdr Active Member

Can you tell me How to dig the caves? I Built caves on a TT Island from Stone Benches, but never knew there was a way to dig them...
    suka likes this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Athenia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Alanducar Active Member

I knew these were being implemented soon and i am excited to see there are yet more new items in the next installment of our lovely grotto adventures. The other thing that might be nice is a change of scenery for the repeatable quests. Although they are still cooking and still require items in the different grotto's its nice to know that we will have more options to look forward to as we are running around and crafting.

As to the Tenebrous island home i know there is a way to get underneath into a cave area, i have seen someone do it before on my server. They had to place a teleport pad under the water. I can see that being a nice little cave area to work with for anything you might dream up. I haven't tried to do it yet myself but i know there will be a time where i make the attempt since its such a cool looking little area. But there might be another cave area that i don't know about that could also make for a nice secret area.
  15. Afista Well-Known Member

You can't technically "dig" them. But, the TT Isle has what was referred to as a "Bunny Hole" in the center of it. It's sort of hollowed out in an area within the Isle. I don't have the /loc for it, but I'm sure you could just sink the teleport pad down and find the place or ask someone who has done it :) It looks like Galldora used a bunch of the Oggokian Stone Tables and Muddy Tiles to frame out and build the caves as seen in the above pic.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh! Must check out EQ2 Traders now!! :D

Thanks so much, Mum! You're the best! :)

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Is this like the "darkness" area above the ceiling in the non-6 room New Halas places, or like the "attic" over the Personal Dojo? ;->

Uwk
  18. Athenia Well-Known Member

Hooray for a change of scenery! :) I have to wonder with the explosion of new items if the Devs will raise the amount of tokens you're given for each quest. I'm really scrambling to prioritize items cause well... I want ALL the things, LOL!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Join the club! ;->

Uwk
  20. Alanducar Active Member

I'm in the club too! I want everything but even when i worked my butt off during the two day moonlight enchantments event i still don't seem to have enough tokens for everything that is being offered and find myself wanting to do more with what little time they give us. I do hope they increase the token amount because the list of items are starting to build rapidly and it would be nice to have more currency to purchase with :)