New gaming laptop

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leloes, May 7, 2020.

1. Harryg New Member

Asus Zephyrus $4000-6000

love it, runs super quiet and cool
    Leloes likes this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Rosyposy, Leloes and Breanna like this.
  4. Leloes Well-Known Member

Why ignore gaming laptops?
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Honestly? If you're two years ahead of your "normal" schedule and the driving factor is lack of storage space, do as others have suggested. Find someone that will replace the HDD with an SSD, and perhaps a RAM upgrade if you get the itch.

A shiny new machine will do absolutely nothing to fix server side lag issues. It'll just be shinier, while you're sitting and waiting.

Edit: Best Buy would do the SSD swap, but almost definitely overcharge horribly (both for the new SSD and the actual swap).
    Erudinel, Breanna and Leloes like this.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

I really wish I did know someone who could do that for me but I don't. Sadly I really know very few people these days. That is with the exception on the people I know here. Never bought anything from Best Buy.....they seem to be a bit overpriced to fit my pocketbook.....
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  7. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I got a sweet gaming pc from Amazon, and was able to pay $140/mo for 5 months. Not sure if the monthly installments is exclusive to Prime members. It isn't offered on every pc, and it seems to change as to which pc's get that option, but for me it was exactly what I needed.
    Leloes likes this.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

It probably is exclusive to Prime members. If I could find something like that I'd jump on it.
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Uh it not ignored. Just this title is more for reclame. In fact, for example, asus ROG series is well worth considering. I just said that I would like to choose for myself. And this (Panasonic) can also be named "gaming laptop", although there is no such title in reclame. It’s just that you need to know confidently what you need and what is offered for purchase (and this is more than you could see). You now compare this and that, well and perhaps will select between stores.. In ROG series, as I know, models with three variations for disk capacity are offered. Largest internal drives have 1 terabyte. I have ROG series motherboard on my "gaming" desktop - and that alright for me. My laptop is netbook not for games (although there are more than enough interesting games for it), intel. Choice from Panasonic is good because due to your difficulty, it may be better for you that it's more reliable and appropriate. In your situation, this can mean more than for those who have two hands and who, like in video with an all-terrain vehicle, can afford for example an active rest.. Sorry, I understand that such video can pain you while you look at it. Unfortunately, this world is convenient for most, not for everyone..
    Hartsmith and Leloes like this.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm actually checking out several different laptops. Which one I get will depend on several factors. The first one being price.
    Hartsmith, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

I don't like anti-glare display. I like matte screens. I'm on ali-express right now could have buy (if there was have money) new rog strix hero II for $1203 (with free shipping) in official asus store. With two disks inside ssd 256 gb with windows 10 and hdd at 1 tb and processor i5-8300H 3900 ghz and 6 gb ram (I would put more memory later). But it's with an anti-glare display. I don’t like these even annoying. And I see that same on amazon is much more expensive. Perhaps a good option is to buy new laptop on e-bay - it seems to me that official asus store are also represented there (I deleted my e-bay account due to paypal which became very annoying, is inauspicious company for me). But to chagrinh on that website, unlikely is available toughbook that not casualty. Panasonic is likely only s/h for you available but this for use most likely isn't an option. Situation is this is that we can't see same prices and often same shops. What you can buy, I can not buy. What I can buy, you can't buy. Due to fact that in different countries we dwell. So with specific choice by price and store, only those who are in same country as you can help you. I don't envy you - someone might suffer for month trying to find what him need. For example, I tried to buy new monitor for whole three months - and it was not about money (all good goods are in short supply, and now on the ali-express there is only one laptop in one store that I could find). And it was just some kind of nightmare..
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I only started my Prime membership because I was able to try it for 30 days free (after getting a Roku smart tv), and was able to enjoy expanded selection of movies that way. I stayed because it turns out Prime membership also grants a giant (for me) selection of graphic novels and books that I can read free of charge.

I didn't think I would find value in a Prime membership, but now am really glad for it since it has made it possible to buy things that used to be too expensive for me.
    Leloes likes this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

Hmmmm......maybe I should check into Prime membership. It is a bit costly, in't it?
    Hartsmith likes this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

That is a truly awful laptop for that price, I use a 9750h and 2060 that I got for $800 last year.

Unless, of course, you mean $1203 in another countries currency.
    Leloes likes this.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

Where did you purchase it?
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

I got it from eBay, but as far as I can tell it isn't being sold for that right now, I got it during Black Friday.
    Leloes likes this.
  17. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Controversial: You don't need a desktop unless you are going to be purchasing / upgrading new hardware in it as it comes out every 3-6 months OR if you are looking to play some of the more cutting edge almost more tech demo than game (see: Star Citizen).

I'm using the below laptop ( With only 8 gigs of ram but you can add another 8 for 16 ) and it has done just fine to play anything I have tried so far like GTA5 ETC. My model is a bit older, and from what I understand the ROG line is a bit higher build quality all around but not a massive difference.

I got a beast 17' model, it has a 1tb HDD and 128gig SSD (You can replace both with larger SSD's too)

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX705/

I seem like a salesman but I have -only- had positive experiences with Asus for my whole life...
  18. Leloes Well-Known Member

Yes, ebay is a good place to get a laptop.....that is if you can find the specifics that you are looking for.....

I haven't had any problems playing any game with my Nitro 5. It's basically comes with a small HDD and even stripping everything that isn't an absolute necessity it doesn't take long for it to be full.....which really sucks......
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

I have an Asus. A day after the year warranty expired, the battery went dead and it cannot be replaced and work, and now I'm stuck on plug forever. Also, the battery is internal and you have to take apart your laptop to change it, something that is now prevalent in a lot of laptops. Otherwise, the Asus has been fine. But keep it in mind the battery issue is a common problem with the Asus ROG.
    Leloes likes this.
  20. Leloes Well-Known Member

So, what laptop would you personally recommend?