New Expansion - Odus in February

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Anestacia, Jun 26, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

The Hole had better not end up as some tiny instance....
  2. ARCHIVED-Daenae Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    I completely agree with you on ALMOST everything. I'll have to purchase it just for the level cap increase - if I want to stay raiding with my guild, I'll have to stay about the same level range as them.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

I am really willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but I am still trying to figure out how they get an entire expansion out of Odus. I probably spent more time on Odus than your average EQ player (started as Erudite and didn't know better) and it was just not very big.
    I still thought it was a cool continent. It just had cool things. The magic system in Erudin with the portals etc. Paniel and needing evil faction to buy a key to get into the Hole, being able to fall into the Hole, Toxx forest being so dark you could barely see a few feet in front of you.
    The Hole was such a crazy intense zone. I really hope they do it justice (and very conjuror friendly!).
  4. ARCHIVED-Daenae Guest

I really hope they make The Hole a huge non-instanced dungeon like Chardock or Sebilis. That is really the only way to do it justice.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Better yet, make the Hole an "Overland" Zone With tough mobs Plus Contested Epics
  6. ARCHIVED-Xdatinelia Guest

Reiella wrote:
    Stonebrunt was released Oct 2001, I remember exactly because I joined my guild then. That means it was post Velious pre Luclin.
  7. ARCHIVED-guenniss Guest

While everyone is complaining and griping about the size and content of Odus, let's not forget that SOE's first expansion to EQ2 was very very tiny in comparison. PoF was small, much smaller than Odus ever was. So don't get down on the "size" of the content, because it could be worse.
  8. ARCHIVED-foozlesprite Guest

I can't say I'm happy about this either...many guilds are going to die and players leave game in that extra 3 or 4 months, as many already have.

But I think it would be hilarious if Velious was released in one of the GUs before Odus :p .0000001% chance, but HILARIOUS.
  9. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Rockchalk@Guk wrote:
    Yeah. KoS was also relatively small but full of awesome too.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Josgar@Unrest wrote:
    More solo quests? Meh, no thanks.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

For those of you who listened through station voice and did not see the video: I'd recommend it as soon as it is posted on YouTube. The artwork for this expansion is breathtaking.
  12. ARCHIVED-attila Guest

I hope for a much dev info, about what they will suck for additional 3 month.
  13. ARCHIVED-Doggi Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    I'd really like to see t he vid ^^
  14. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Qandor wrote:
    If and goven the way things have shaped up so far at most there'll only be 3 LU's before the next expansion.

As for the expansion i'm still trying to digest what little is known about it,i've no doubt it'll look great TSO is a looker as was ROK before it,but its the gameplay that concerns me and given it seems to be yet more of the terrible void stuff (what a shocker that is) at the moment all i feel about the news a huge meh factor.

It seems to that SOE really dont care about this game anymore they have free realms and i would assume the agency to worry about,eq2 has turned into the ginger step child that noone wants.
  15. ARCHIVED-DragonTurtle Guest

Are they planning it to go live on Erollisi day or some date near it?
  16. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Waiting till february at least allows me to get all my masters in time till i have to worry about 10 more levels of more masters to get. I'm doing it all through the spell researchers so i don't have to pay 200-500 plat for each spell on the broker... That price gouging is terrible. Considering people say the masters drop like rain, you would think the prices would be lower... Makes me glad they added thos researchers HAHA!
    From hearing al lof this about the next expansion though; it doesn't seem like it's going to offer us much. I fear it may be another TSO. 1 semi-small zone full of void activity and mobs that hit like trucks. yay.... >.>
    I sure hope I get a druid ring in stonebrunt mountains though. That should bring back old times. I used to sit and AFK in the kerra village up on the mountain. EQ1 kerra were cute. Polygonal but cute. Remember when they gave us the Kunark froglocks that look just like the original model? They might do that with the kerra, and more oldschool erudites. lol
    I'm not totally against this expansion as you can see. I'd appreciate it for Lore value. Game Play value on the other hand gives me the impression this should be more of a adventure pack then a expansion. I know I have to buy it... If i want to continue raiding with my guild. So let me drop my trousers and take it.
    Halas in Odus though? Sounds like they didn't put much thought into this. I bet theres no new race either. Unless they make Kobalds a new playable race, which i don't really think that fits with the "good" theme of halas much. Odus is so small, it couldn't possibly cover a whole expansion. Sure they could make it larger. Who knows...
    This whole "order of rime" thing gave us all the impression it was velious though. So how do they fit in with Odus?
  17. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Also has nayong put footage on youtube yet?
    And I had a feeling erudine / thurgadin / whatever would be another old player city turned into something unlivable.

Also isn't SOE supposed to encourage us to buy expansions? Not makes us dread them?
  18. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

foozlesprite wrote:
    I totally agree. The population on Kithikor at the moment is awful, I cant imagine what its going to be like in 5 months time. I'll say it again, where's the progression!
    '40 New quests' - dude i'm at 200 AA's I dont care
    'New shard zone' - umm I have 100's of shards in the bank already why do I want more?

Look these games like EQ2, WOW etc are basically pokemon for adults, take away the social aspects for those stay at home moms and you have what is basically a pokemon card game where people collect items and get stronger. Without that there's no reason to play for a lot of people.
  19. ARCHIVED-Earar Guest

akaglty wrote:
    why is that? just because the lore and the expansion may be already written as a story board.
    They don't just pop up one night in their mind, it's been written for a while what were the expensions.
    DoF was about the forgotten godess
    KoS about the claymore, right hand of theer
    EoF about soulfire, the left hand of theer
    RoK about the discovery of the chelsith stone
    TSO, void invasion --> where we see forgotten godess, theer, chelsith stone and so one ... plus we see more and more erudite .. quethulians
    So no wonder the new one is about Odus and the erudites.
    Why velious? never hear anything about velious ..; it was just speulations.
  20. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Referring to the beta access.
    Has SOE not learned anything? All Fan Faire attendees awarded beta access? You will never get any meaningful feedback from the fan bois that turn up in character to the annual junket. How about giving the access to those who play on Test. At least they should know how to send in feedback, even if SOE rarely take any notice.