New Expansion - Odus in February

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Anestacia, Jun 26, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

alot later than normal /sigh
  2. ARCHIVED-ZexisStryfe Guest

*dances down the halls*
    hm... alot of this sounds familiar... Shard of Love? Halas? Odus? where have I heard all this before
  3. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

That's all the info we got thus far?

I'm watching it live.
  4. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

I'm so angry right now. My girlfriend and I were watching the stream of the fan faire waiting for the announcement of Velious, and it turns out to be Odus???? And we have to look at this horrible TSO expansion until Feb? Her jaw dropped, and we were quiet for like 3 minutes, then she just said "I'm done".
  5. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

To be fair, nobody actually said it would be Velious.

And nobody ever said Halas wasn't coming back.
  6. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

As I said in another thread, I dont see myself or my friend getting this expansion unless it completely shatters all my low to non-existent expectations for the continent. Blegh, just hearing it being Odus leaves a sour taste in my mouth after hoping for Velious and I never cared for Halas.
  7. ARCHIVED-ZexisStryfe Guest

10 more levels too...
  8. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

level 90 was just confirmed.
  9. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

People have been asking for Velious for years, and they say they want feedback, but when people give it, they ignore it. I loved it when they showed people sitting in the crowd with pissed off looks on their face. "So folks, this year there will be no santa, but we're giving you odus!!!!!"......
  10. ARCHIVED-ZexisStryfe Guest

I told everyone it wasn't Velious two weeks ago... why is everyone surprised? I explicitly said Odus and Halas. Files have already been patched for them.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

ODUS!? **** YEAH! FINALLY!
  12. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

You haven't even played it yet and you're saying "I'm done". Also you don't know much of what it entails.
    Odus was actually my favorite in EQ1. But I guess it isn't too popular for you guys.
    Lol.
  13. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

I don't remember too much about Odus from the first game as I didn't go much into it, but I gotta say at the very least the zone they showed looked very nice. As for Halas... that's a place I'm familiar with, and I'll be glad to see it back :)
    As a side note, personally think it's great they've decided to take more time with the expansion. Pushing it out faster only leaves things unpolished and rushed. I hope they utilize this extra time to make the best expansion they've come up with thus far.
  14. ARCHIVED-InfernalShadow Guest

Ugh. I hated Odus in EQ1... the only redeeming quality it had was The Hole, and that's mostly because I could sneak around down there at a really low level and had a nice, scary "OH SHI-" feel to it. That mechanic doesn't even work in EQ2, so The Hole won't be the same even if they tried.
    Halas was just as boring as Odus.
    IMO, anyway... *sigh*
  15. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

akaglty wrote:
    Just as many people have been saying that if they tried to do Velious, they would fail, because it wouldn't be epic enough.

Can't please everyone.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

For the last time, just because the zones were worthless and crappy in EQlive does not mean that it has to stay that way! Can't you look past the mechanics for once and enjoy the scenery?
  17. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Exactly. This isn't EQlive, this is EQ2, and it's a chance to do things better. We've seen footage from 1 zone, and that's it. Give it a chance.
  18. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

Josgar@Unrest wrote:
    some people still wouldnt be happy if they got exactly what they wanted. theyd be excited for maybe...a week? then say their bored. so yea...some people you just cant make happy.
  19. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Odus in February? F'in February. I'm sick of TSO NOW. I'm not sure I'll make it to February. Keeping Halas til Feburary as well is a bad idea.
  20. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

The Kunark quests are a nice refresher. Let's hope that they release more of these quests and events in great quantity until then.