New Etyma items.. keyword being "Etyma"

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Salbain, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salbain Member

Nice items if I actually ran heroic zones..

I maybe get 18 DE a week and that's only if we go hit Dreadcutter Raid Zone, I could probably do the solo daily for another 20 but still that's enough for one scroll a week if I'm lucky.

When are they adding DE to all the raid zones?
  2. Kcool005 Active Member

Pretty sure they're ment to be a incentive to keep group zones active by raiders also.
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Possibly I would also second the question on when DE will be added to current raid zones...not sure why that was omitted.
  4. Sylke Well-Known Member

I have no real sympathy here. You can get enough Etyma for a scroll by doing a single zone (Daily + Standard + Champion). If you're too lazy to put forth that much effort, why should you be accommodated further?
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Run Djinn Master, it spits out etymas.
  6. Salbain Member

Agreed but unfortunately we don't run this zone any longer as a raid force and I don't have a bot team at my disposal.

Obols and the lesser tier marks dropped from raid zones last tier, I don't think I am asking for anything out of bounds when I bring up adding Etyma to all the raid zones.

Your version and my version of effort are apparently not equal. My version isn't directly tied to time played.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

Your version of "effort" is doing absolutely nothing additional and getting more stuff for doing it?
  8. Salbain Member

Yes because killing end game content requires no effort, in fact I just load up my bot program and let it do the raiding for me.. /sarcasmoff

I don't want to degrade this into a argument about who puts in more supposed "effort", bottom line I just want to see Etyma added to raid zones so I might be able to get a couple of these scrolls a week instead of MAYBE one as it stands now without running heroic zones.
  9. Salbain Member

The lockout timers on ToV and AS are long enough that putting a few Etyma on the boss mobs wouldn't flood the market.

It may also help alleviate some of the complaints about red gems since people could get fractured easier and save the regular red for upgrading Mystical items.
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Let's just repeat this, cause it has truth.

Pretty sure they won't be adding etyma to other areas.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Oh, it's not just a "pretty sure" it's completely not hidden at all this is an Etyma Sink designed to get raiders back into heroics.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

Asked.
    and Answered.
    Wirewhisker, Taivr and Avahlynn like this.
  13. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Which is pretty dumb reasoning. If my guild raided its full schedule, I'd be looking at 330 etyma a week just for the scrolls. So much for my alts getting stuff. I guess from now on I'll just stick to guild groups where we steamroll the zone in 5 minutes instead of pugging like I normally do.
  14. Abasinolanam Active Member

As a raider, I would most likely not run group zones if it wasn't for etyma needs. Or at least not frequently. While I myself would love etyma to drop in raids, I think the fact that they don't actually keeps the game alive. Raiders going on groups helps non-raiders. It's a win-win.
    Rozyn likes this.
  15. Sylke Well-Known Member

30 Etyma per Scroll is perfectly fine. What should be done, however, is to boost each Scroll to provide 4 hours of the buff. Whether that means 1 click of 4 hours, 2 of 2 hours, or 4 of 1 hour, doesn't really matter to me.

Just doing the Dailies and Weekly nets 240 Etyma per week for a single character. That would be 8 Scrolls. Currently, that's 16 hours of buffs; with a 4 hour duration, it would be 32 hours. For most raiders, that's probably 7-8 hours of heroic content per week (less for higher tier raiders). A more than acceptable amount.
  16. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Thing is, a fair portion of those raiders aren't going to want to pug, so it really doesn't help non-raiders anywhere near as much as you may think.
  17. Jrel Well-Known Member

I don't like the 30 cost for 2 hours either (I like 20 for 2 hours). 2 hour buff is too short though. I'd like 30 for 4 hours or 10 for 1 hour each.

Do these buffs persist through death and AA spec changes? I won't buy at all if they don't.
  18. petier Active Member

What Mountbatten said is the truth, I'm not gonna do pugs due to the high lvl of suck that comes along with a pug. I did do pugs a few years a go but I just have no more patience for bad players or lazy players that want to be carried through a zone. On another note I do run a few zones every day and with trying to outfit alts and what not with full potent (5 toons and counting) finding the extra etyma is gonna suck, but I'm happy to have the option to buy the scrolls.
  19. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

They do persist through death. Through an AA change I am not sure, as I didn't think to check.
  20. Draylore Well-Known Member

While I understand what they are trying to do ......this whole being 'forced' to farm heroics to be able to effectively raid has really hurt my enjoyment of the game. I would much rather only run heroics when I can, for fun instead of being pretty much required to do it each and every day to be able to play the game style I prefer. But I understand that is not a very effective way to keep a game like EQ2 healthy. I just accept that one of the reasons I am not relatively as effective in raids as I used to be is because I just do not have the time to commit to the required level of farming outside of raiding that they put in in ToV.

The combination of "pugs suck"....and mission based reward system which requires zone completion just makes the prospect of puging the few times I have time to play the game outside of raiding really unattractive. I also hate the whole daily/weekly mission approach to things as well.

I really do not see any problem with making every current raid mob drop some currency for everyone in the raid. Course I would much rather go back to getting gear and "upgrades", etc from drops instead of currency or pattern based system but that ship has long sailed away sadly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.