New Ethereal Cloaks and Runes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kickya, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

still it should be just replaced (oh maybe they don't do that coz people could buy the cloak with the rune on, and then wouldcry coz they lost the rune on the exchange)
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

In ToV (and AoM) when you used upgrade gems on items they popped out the adorns, took away the 'old' item and gave you the upgraded version. Too bad they couldn't do the same with the cloaks
    -Soteria- likes this.
  3. Estarriol New Member

BTW, concerning the runes. Wizard's rune says "Greatly increases the damage of Fusion". With 17K potency (haven't played for awhile since not that much) "greatly" means 2.3% increase in damage numbers. With higher potency most players have it must be more like 1.5% or so. Greatly, indeed. Thanks again, DBG! More love for sorcs!
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

That is one of the issues with the class adorns.. the 'buff' to the class specific abilities are all very vague... It's impossible to make an informed decision about the value of your class adorn vs other options w/o information on what, exactly, the class adorn is actually doing.
    Example: In ToT the 'ability mod' added to the warden's sandstorm from the class ability was 5k. These days 5k ab mod is nothing.. but since the adorn doesn't say HOW much ab mod is added, there is no way to know how much or how little ab mod is added before blowing the tokens.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

the coercer fervor buff doesn't state how long
    the assassin's assassinate doesn't state by how much.

and even .. when u look at your parse now .. all those class abilities are minor compared to ascensions or epic spells or some AAs abilities (prestige ones especially)

so will the increase be worth it really ?

for bruisers it states it will hit twice as much and deal more damage .. right now it's only 1% of my parse. I heard the bruiser cloak was nice in ToT (we didn't have ascensions) ... but will it be THAT good still ? .. right now I mostly use my AoE as bruiser to proc mantis leap and voidstrike.
    Malleria likes this.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to get my Illy cloak last expac.. A year later, I'm still using it because the Illy effect is essential to Illy dps. On short fights, yes ascension is superior over the ability my cloak affects.. however, on long drawn out fights and zonewide parses(I don't know how many still use zonewides to judge things but I still look at it), Prismatic Choas is right there number one because of the effect from the cloak
    Mathafern likes this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah Illus cloak is really good u multiply by 6 the buff and add a proc. it's more than doubled. and with everybody having max haste or almost it really can proc on anybody
    and also, what's good with the illu's claok .. is it says exactly what it will do.

Zonewide my savage assault is 1% of my parse .. in an AoE fight ... it goes up to 3%.
    Mathafern likes this.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Here here. Coercers cloak had useless proc.
  9. Veta Well-Known Member

Coercer cloak wasn't a proc. It was potency added to the ability called channel, I believe. Now it is 50 fervor + 50 fervor overcap to the same ability.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except the duration is a mystery... channel has a 7.5 minute reuse (that's with 100% reuse) but the ability just splits the power of the group.. it doesn't have a duration...
    Hiza likes this.
  11. Veta Well-Known Member

I was only talking about how it was changed, not how it worked. The duration shouldn't be a mystery. Click channel, see how long it lasts, note. Add a troub with beneficial increase, click ability, check duration, note. All someone needs is a coercer in the group to click and watch their stats.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Old cloak was 30s duration, id expect new one is the same.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Channel doesn't HAVE a duration. It instantly splits power and is done. That was my point.

Thanks for the info :)
  14. Veta Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand. The ability doesn't need a duration for you to physically see, "oh, I have 50 fervor or x amount of potency. Now its gone, I wonder how long that was. Maybe I'll time it next time." If the stats given do not display the buff/durarion on the ability when its changed, I'd imagine coercers got their answer that way.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

A person would have to spend the tokens to find that information out... and, as I've said before.. it's impossible to make an informed decision about what is best when you don't have information on what the different options do.
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

30 sec of 50 fervor is a lot different than 5 sec 50 fervor.

duration helps u know how strong the spell really is, and yeah .. if it's worth it :)
    Mermut likes this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

This, exactly.
  18. Veta Well-Known Member

I like how the conversation went from me explaining to what the change was to people making it seem like I said the rune was good/bad. I stated change and how to find duration.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

That would require spending the tokens.... People should be able to know what the adornment does, in all it's details, so they can decide which toon(s) to get coins ON.
    'Oh just spend the tokens to find out' doesn't work when you're trying to decide which toons it is worth the time to get token ON.
  20. Veta Well-Known Member

People do main coercers. Just like people main wizards, assassins, or any other class with a "great" increase that isn't all that much. Those people are highly likely to get this rune and test. Instead of this 'but I need to know what this rune does by reading it' you could have sent a coercer a tell who has got it and posted the information on the forums. The coercer in my guild discovered it 2 days ago, according to eq2u. You could have known the information and posted it a couple days ago to inform the population if you felt it was worth getting.