New Ethereal Cloaks and Runes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kickya, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Kickya Active Member

Just wanted to have a mini rant on thanks for the new downgrades for my main and upgrade for my alts 8)

These aint gonna be worth it for Raiding Mains who are doing T3 + content
    These are probably not worth it for many NON raiding peeps with the Crafting cloak
    especially if they have a 5 frevor rune

Now then, Not wanting to harp on on how Awful these are I thought I should give DBD a possible solution to this

Simple: Add a purple slot
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

These items are very class specific...several classes have amazing effects and are jumping for joy over this event. Some class effects are very situational and many may not see the value in them without high end raiding. And some effects were so bad they either made no noticeable difference or actually were a detriment to wear due to increased lag caused by them. I only hope they did something to address the latter.
  3. VGScastaway Member

They learn from their mistakes, I'll give them that much
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Did they? The imbalances in the class cloaks was pointed out during ToT..... they didn't appear to change any based on that feedback...
    Hiza, Kraeref, Kioske and 2 others like this.
  5. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Caith posted the "correct' stats for the GM cloak yesterday on Discord and it is best in slot - 1500 potency plus infusable. Additionally, the class rune gives you not only the 5 fervor (from the purple) but an additional 1% ability double cast. The orange rune in Caith's updated image also adds back in the 5 CA doublecast for melee types and adds a 1 spell proc of 250k amod for non-melee classes. Hands down this new cloak is BiS.

As for the class runes. I understand many of them say essentially the same thing they said last expansion. However, a lot of them were tweaked (for example Pally has group fervor; SK has rw ability double cast). I wouldn't be surprised if they boost the abilities on the other cloaks as well i.e. - warden instead of adding 5k amod maybe it adds a substantial amount of amod to the raid. We won't know until we farm them up, so I would put away the pitchforks at least for awhile and just enjoy the fact that we are, from a stat perspective alone, netting a BiS cloak.

Also, even if the class specific adorn ends up sucking - there are alternative options that you can plug into it. Three waves, we have seen one of the adorns. It isn't amazing, but another proc that is comparable to the damage our epics procs is still pretty good.

[IMG]
  6. Anjel Member

These clowns can't get anything right. Still not receiving coins for the event and I got all 6 of mine yesterday afternoon. Wow. Is anything QA'd or tested around here any more.
  7. Kickya Active Member

yea and as for the ways to get the coins - expert only , real silly i feel

better would have been you can do up to 10 coins per 24 hours and gain them by running

2 experts or 4 heroic or 10 Adv Solo or something like that

I would have doubled the amount needed to buy items but made these coins like PG ie account wide
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

If your class rune is... of questionable utility...
    You have the choice of
    1) potency, ab mod and a wdb proc
    2) block, dodge and overcap crit bonus.. when you avoid an attack (squarely aimed at tanks)
    or
    3) small chance at a tiny damage proc and 5 fervor for 10 sec.. guaranteed not to be up more then 50% of the time.

aaaand to cap it all off..

You can't buy the belt until you've got the grandmaster cloak.
    So if you want the belt, you have to buy the cloak.. even if you don't actually want the cloak...

It wouldn't be so bad if both items required losing a purple adorn slot.
    As a warden I basically can swap out group defensive buffage for personal dps... that is the choice.. because none of the items or new runes do anything, at all, to help a warden keep their group alive.
    Earar and Shmogre like this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

anyway we'll lose the purple adorns for sure.

better get used of that idea
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

If the new adorns actually helped me keep my group alive, I wouldn't object. But it goes against the grain, as a healer, to sacrifice group survivability in favor of personal dps.
  11. Heck62 Active Member

Thank you devs for putting skills on the Cloaks!
  12. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello

At the point about the purple addorn slots i am with you.

Its not a good idea to rubber them on the equipment because thier are so many purple Addorns which are very usefull and some are nessecary for example the Immun Addorns against FEAR or Stun.
    And they served us 4 Sets of 3 Purple Addorns just a few month with KA addon so why we lose the options to addorn them now and put the stats like we want or need them by useing the Purple Addorns.

I dont use the Orange Addorn which you get after ending the EPIC 2.0 on my Tank and Healer because the old Ethernal once are much more usefull for these classes.
    The Celestal Rune is a DPS one only and it procs when it wants and not when i need instat of some Addorns / Effects an the old Ethernal.
    AT the Healer and Tank i wont miss my Stone Skins or Damage Refelct.

So it was a first big mistake that the old Ethernal Runs which have very usefull procs dont work in coop with the ne Orange from the EPIC 2.0 the one you get after finished .

The 2nd mistake is do rubber the purple Slots on the Equipment, thier are many Addons we had mor than to collored slots on the Equip for example ToV to ToT we had white , purple , cyan / so why not now white , purple , cyan , orange sure not on all items but on these once were orange addorns could be added.

DB please think about this and serve us usefull stuff and if you drive on the railway of rollback than please stop crashing stuff from last addons which is very usefull like purple addorns especialy the Eth from last summer.

We farmed coins hours and hours ran like 600 or more dungens and a addon later all is for trash, this is a way to get players angry and disapointed and in the end many will quit pay or and play.
    We lost many players after the server merge and we will loose more and more if you ll continue this way.

Helfiren
  13. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I actually like new etherials and runes. The only thing I'd like to ask is to change Inquisitor cloak's rune from 250k abilty mod proc to 5 ca doublecast. Speaking frankly, both are pretty weak for dps purpose for my class. But I believe a small chance to doublecast one of my near useless combat arts is better then the proc goes waste on the next Exorcise tick, the only spell I use on a regular basis, and which is obviously capped.

Inquisitor is a mele class after all.
  14. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Oh! A new Fabled, Mastered, Prestige, Above Legendary, Infusable, Indestructible, Leet, Fantastic, First-Class, Outrageouz, Marvelous, Extravagant, One-of-a-kind Cloak. How many more ****'n descriptive words can we fit on these items. I will wait for the cloak that has +5% Godmode Overcap.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

I know ... feel the same way. those items won't make us better healers
  16. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Noting will make us better healers, but at least I'll get more autoattack dps.
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah but then .. does it make u want to farm for that cloak ?

it doesn't feel necessary

It's nice stats ... I agree ... and any benefit is good to take. But is it worth the effort ? The big question.
  18. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Short answer is yes, it will help me to solo heroics faster:) Long answer, I lilke to do group stuff and it's not realy farm, though could become boring after some time. For now It's fine to me. Much better then PG.
  19. Luhai Active Member

So, once I have the GM cloak, I end up with 4 useless NO-TRADE, INDESTRUCTIBLE cloaks? Because right now, when you buy the Journeyman cloak, the apprentice cloak is not removed from the inventory and will only be good for taking up space in your bank. [IMG]
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Indestructible cloak means it takes no damage. You can still delete them.