New City Aligned Good to Norrath in 2009 or 2010?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-betatester7, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Twilligth Guest

The cities I would like to see return is:
    Shar Vahl
    or turn Felwithe into a player city.
    If the next expansion is Velious thurgadin could be fun and othemirs would be awesome as playable race.
    For playable races I like to see it would be othemirs, Vah Shirs and werewolfs. Or maybe some drakkins that actually looks like half dragons and not the ugly drakkins from EQ1.
  2. ARCHIVED-scalzo Guest

Maybe not another city but the goodies need another race for balance. We all know Sarnaks are evil not neutral, and make it a larger race also please. It seems you make all the good races small.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Small is cute.
    ...Except for the Gnomes, Dwarves, Halflings, Ratonga, and Arasai. They're not cute in any way.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Honestly signs point to velious, but i highly doubt we're getting thurgadine as a city because following SOE's trend of putting old player cities into ruins or having them taken over by mobs (Felwithe, Akanon, Kaladim, Cabilis, exc). Most likely some new city will be made thats far on the other side of the continent.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Technically, Thurgadin was never a player city though.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

Eschia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I would like to see them go back to cities like Thurg from EQ1 where the city was basically good but there were areas which were not safe, like down in the dungeons/tunnels. Or places like High Pass Hold where the Hold was fine, but the caves below were not. And I don't mean instances off the city like we see in places like the Down Below.
    Make it dangerous to wander in unknown places of generally safe areas without zoning. How about the little city at the bottom of Crystal Caverns? We need more of that.
  7. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Eschia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    of the "new" playercities added though only 1 was not a city in EQ1, so the odds there still favor an existing city...also I seem to recall the devs saying something a few months ago about not having the time to add a new race right now...if that is the case(and it was awhile ago so they may have found the time) we might be getting a new city but NO new race, that would further support getting another EQ1 Player City back as a Player City... however those "New Halas" files don't bode well for it being anything like the city from EQ1...if that is the player city.
  8. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

Mordith wrote:
    Kinda like Katta from EQI?
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Uncaged wrote:
    Katta wasn't really dangerous except for falling from the top to bottom of the city. There was the occasional vampire that came in, but it wasn't dangerous.
    Crystal Caverns was a better example. The city of Froststone was located deeper into the zone, and both above and below it were dangers.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Maj'dul seems rather dangerious for it's level if you go to the wrong areas. Theres thugs hiding in ally ways and sometimes the orcs invade and kill all the guards.