New City Aligned Good to Norrath in 2009 or 2010?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-betatester7, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Wendingo Guest

Read all the posts.
    1. I see both sides. I think the key is that this is a almost certainly a done deal and while I can see the practical side of "don't spend resources on this" there are enough people in the world that appreciate this kind of content, or at least SOE thinks that there are, that no boards will change it. I also see the side of those that just want a new good city There has not been one since Kelethin after all.
    2. It sure would be nice to have another way to get from 70-80 and to have a city associated with that kind of content, but that will have to wait for the next expansion. The reason is unless they change the mechanics it just takes too much new content to craft an new path. It will take a full expansion for that. (Its why I think Velious instead of Odus when we do have an expansion).
    3. I just cannot see, given their overall path, them resisting the temptation to completely mirror Neriak complete with a 1-20 zone right outside. Just something I do not think I read anywhere else, Neriak did not come with a new race either. It was a new evil-only city with a 1-20 zone. I expect the same thing here on the good side, but I fully agree that a 1-20 zone is a terrible idea. Given the present game mechanics even for a brand new player that is maybe 10 hours of playing time.
    4. I cannot see the new city as an interesting quest hub either if it is good only as they apparently say. That would be unbalancing rather than balancing. Something like Maj Dul would be great, but it would have to be neutral. Good only is almost certainly limited to a Neriak mirror unless they dump a huge amount of quests into Neriak at the same time. I suppose that they could do that, but that seems, again, like a lot of work for a LU.
    5. I cannot see Rivervale. Rivervale is already in the game. I suppose they could overwrite it, but I just do not see it. I hope, based on that, that it is something totally new. I really would not want to see Halas. I mean, Halas was not much to look at in EQ1 and for it to be "good only" you would have to bar a lot of barbarians from it. I understand the "maybe someone else moved in" thing, but that just seems wrong, bringing it back and baring a fair chunk of the barbarian population from it. So, here is hoping for a brand new place.
  2. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Wendingo wrote:
    2. The expansion is almost certianly going to be level 80 - 90 content, It will contain as much 70 - 80 content as RoK had 60 - 70.
    2. Yes it did.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I believe the ruins of KFC would likely be off the coast near splitpaw and before the Straits of Twelve (Once called the Rathe Mountains) Kind of the opposite direction from Erud's Crossing, Kerra would be more likely there.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The aviak village was just wood. It wouldn't survive even into ruins over the last 500 years. Rebuilt, probably, but the original would be long gone.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    If kept in roughtly the same location probably a floating log city.
  6. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Actually, all of our new starter cities have come with a new race. Kelethin > Fae, Neriak > Arasai, and Gorowyn > Sarnak. I'm hoping they stick with this precedence.
  7. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    As much as I would like to see continuity, I can think of better was for a character artist to spend his time than creating a new race.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Halas: Dark Half Elves? On the Run from Neriak they took refuge in the Barbarian City.
  9. ARCHIVED-Saker Guest

Whatever new city/town gets added I hope there'll be good new housing options. Something beter then currently available. I've never been too happy with the largest houses available.
    I think a new race is very likely at this point, the developers are in need of ways to encourage people to create new alts, to invigorate the lower level population (without which new players are left without people to group with).
    I agree with people on please no more TSO style shard type grinding, it's extremely boring.
  10. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Saker wrote:
    Is it better or worse than running the same instance 100 times for a single item?
  11. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

At this point I could care less what the new city is. I actually do not care what the next expansion is. I have only one desire. Let there never be another creature, item or blade of grass with the word VOID involved. I am sick to death of the whole VOID story line and everything related to it.
  12. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

Someone also needs to take away the devs purple crayons
  13. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Qandor wrote:
    Well, the Shadow Odyssey was meant to largely wrap up the whole Void storyline, so it shouldn't be terribly prevalent in the next expansion.
  14. ARCHIVED-obikenkenobi Guest

I agree about the need for non void stuff in the next expansion. I would however love to see the Underfoot. A place that was never explored in eq1 but the entrance to it was in the Hole on Odus. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Mirander@Unrest wrote:
    Yep, this was to wrap-up (more or less) the Background story that has been going on sence EQ2 launched, so while at some point in the future I am sure we will see more of the void, I doupt it will be for atleast a couple expainsions and even then I doupt it would be more then a zone or two.
  16. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

kela wrote:
    I expect the next expansion to have as much Void related lore as DoF did, which is to say: most of it.
    Catch is, much like DoF, we will have absolutly no idea that it is void related until several years later on.
  17. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Noaani wrote:
    I don't know we already beat back one of the big bads there, and the next one is on it's way, and now that we know about it, it will be harder for it to act in secret, I think it will be like with the Ethernaughts, they won't come back until Norrath forgot about them.
    Besides there are other stories out there that have tons of lose threads, like the rest of Naggy's Prismatic Eggs, the New Ice Dragon, and then the cold war could always heat up. I don't think we will be hearing from the void at all in this one, even the way DoF was.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Actually, DoF had nothing to do with the void whatsoever. The storyline focused on Anashti'Sul's followers and ancient civilization. No involvement of the void at any point.
  19. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Noaani wrote:
    Cause yeah, Anushti Sul has nothing to do with the void at all.
    DoF was void related, but not void focused. We just didn't know it at the time.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Noaani wrote:
    ..... No... It's only Void related in complete retrospect AFTER the devs told us that Anashti had been banished to the Void last year.. By itself, there is no relation whatsoever. There still wouldn't be if Vhalen or any of the other devs hadn't hinted at it or released TSO as it is. For a good 3 years though, DoF's story line was stand-alone with no connection, and even now, it still is because there's no void involvement anywhere in the storyline. Anashti herself was sent to the void, but we don't learn about that. The storyline focused on what happened to her followers and the civilization they built, not about her directly.