New City Aligned Good to Norrath in 2009 or 2010?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-betatester7, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    It was/is actually the only nuetral city we have. Either alignment can live there as MajDul operates on a true faction system. You are who you are based on your accomplishments within that city. You can earn the right to travel and live there; however, the wandering mobs in the streets will eat the youngsters alive if they wander from the beaten paths.
    What MajDul needed/needs is a market area. Instead of having broker boxes placed in the houses there it would have been a better implementation to have a broker or market area near the zone in for the city where the broker would charge no fee for items purchased from a house within MajDul.
    Much of the reason the housing never caught on in MajDul was teh inability to sell from the city and how difficult it was to get to some of the housing. Aside from the absence of a crafting area which has been put in within the last year or so, there is little missing to make this a viable city.
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    This was achieved by gaining faction with one or several of the 'houses'. The market npc's were in those instances.
    I do not recall crafting stations, but I never looked.
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    When they where adding Outside crafting areas to zones in verious places around Norath, just after Domino took over... or right befor I don't recall wich... one of the places they added Crafting Stations was in the Golden Sceptor, that big building near Court of the Coin where you used to have to buy the T6 Recipe books.
  4. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    Have they added a broker other than the one in each of the courts?
    In order to make Maj'Dul a truly viable city now though, it would need some form of direct access to an existing travel hub, or Sinking Sands would need to be turned into a true travel hub.
  5. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

A new city is a complete waste of developers time. Qeynos is empty, Freeport is empty on Kithikor, everyone uses their guildhalls.
    Seems the only reason for this is so SOE can try and get more new players into the game. I fully expect the next expansion to have a new city with level 1-20 content which makes it completly useless for the player base. Level 1-20 can be completed in less than a day, way to waste time devs fantastic.
  6. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

TwistedFaith wrote:
    How many times am i gonna have to say this? It may be a waste of time to you, and that other poster, but to some people, it is something they like, and thats why SoE is making another (besides the fact that it will balance out the cities again) city. And most people dont fly through levels either...they like looking at the stuff...and mess around...its not all about grinding my friend
    Have a nice day :)
  7. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

TwistedFaith wrote:
    At the risk of repeating myself AGAIN: I give you Thurgadin & Kael Drakkel. Hi-level cities that were desirable destinations because they were quest-&-faction hubs.
    If that's a "waste of time" to you .........
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Noaani wrote:
    I don't know about that, seems like shards or items like that are the way things appear to be going. (now that they have at least one Solo Zone even I'm begining to get them althoug it will take a Long time. since there is only once mission so far.)
  9. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Galithdor wrote:
    Seriously how long does it take someone to get from level 1 to level 20. At MOST if you follow the quests, it will take you maybe a day. This isnt in anyway 'grinding', its beyond me how you can even consider level 1-20 grinding, you can get from level 1 to 10 in like 8 quests, most of which involve kill x mobs etc.
    SOE are making a new city simply to try and entice new players into the game, which isnt a bad thing I agree but damm for people who have been playing this game since release, a new city is a complete borefest.
    I cannot believe anyone can consider this a good use of limited developer resources. A new instance in the game is used daily over and over again by a whole tier of people for months on end. Content for level 1-20 is used and is over so quickly its a waste of developer resources. Leveling is insanely fast at lower levels, it simply doesnt make any sense to spend developer resources here.
  10. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    I dont think anyone has a problem with highend content as thats where the majority of the playerbase is located at. But to make yet more low level content, especially the insanely fast level 1-20 levels is insanity.
    If I was developing this game, i'd concentrate on some content between level 60-70 and at max level, especially i'd add a quest timeline to new tunaria, ohh and i'd make thatstupid bee zone in rivervale a proper group instance because atm thats a complete waste of a veyr nice looking zone.
  11. ARCHIVED-Eshaye Guest

I just have one small request for this new city with most probably housing, give us WINDOWS! Like in Queynos :) And choices of colored walls besides brown, reddish brown and more brown.

TY
  12. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

TwistedFaith wrote:
    What do you know another arrogant player that thinks THIERS is the ONLY playstyle. There is a REASON that people can choose to turn off ALL XP bonuses in this game, there are SOME people who accually WANT to level very slowly and take thier time, and yes with all bonuses in place it can take less then a Day to level to 20, if you turn of Combate XP, and the other XP bonuses it can take much longer.
    This group of people have not recieved new content for OVER A YEAR AND A HALF.
    Players in YOUR PLAYSTYLE where complaining because one LU got canceled... I would hate to see the crying that would happen if they had to wait as long as those that like to level multiple toons slowly.
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

TwistedFaith wrote:
    Which is why your not developing this game. Ignoring a segment of your player base is a good way to kill your game. Especally if you ignore it because you happen to not like that playstyle. How would you like it if I who does not like Raiding/grouping demand that you wait over a year and a half befor new raid/group content is added.
    Wait we already know from all the crying about them canceling ONE LU.
  14. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Will you pleasee stop with the 'we like to level slowly' argument its borderline propesterous, XP is gained at such a rapid rate between the levels of 1-20 that even with quest xp turned off you can be out of the tier in no time.
    What kind of argument is that anyway, you want more content for levels 1-20 because you are bored of the current level 1-20 content is that it? How about you move beyond level 20 there's a multitude of new content available for you right there, problem solved. Damm you may as well play trial of the isle or something.
    Its like someone saying that they only like content between level 32 and 37 therefore it makes sense to waste developers time making content just for this one person.
    I zoned into QH just now on Kithikor there were 3 people there, I then moved onto the caves which is empty, I jumped quickly to willow wood to see nobody again. Finally I logged into Antonica where there are 6 people, 3 of which are waiting for the boat. I finally called to guild hall and went to the moors, where there are 46 people.
  15. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

TwistedFaith wrote:
    QH eh? Your comparing a city thats been in the game since launch to the new and ONLY solo hub in the latest expansion? Cities are lighter now that guildhalls were introduced but they are not useless. To someone that is 80 and in a guild with a hall maybe that is the case, but thats not true for everyone. There are plenty of people that, for whatever reason, are not part of a guild and are not the max level that derive great benefit from cities. Not only that, go over to the Homeshow forums and see just what an active community of home deocorators this game has. A new city equates into new housing which I can gurantee almost everyone in those forums will eat up, myself included.
    And please quit whinning about wasting developers time. For people that dont raid, the new Lavastorm raid instances was a "waste of developer time" and so was most of the new expansion for people that dont like to group. I'm sorry but your specific playstyle is not the only one and for every person that doesnt want to see a new city come around I promise you there is another that does.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You keep rambling and saying that it's a waste of time for the developers to develop a new city... Well it's thier time to waste, and it's they're decision to waste it. Just like the post above me, I'm one of those people who enjoy slowing down and taking in the scenery. I'm not even close to 200 achievement points yet and I've been working at it since TSO came out. I haven't completed all the quests in TSO yet, and quests are the only way I want to earn achievement XP. I want to see a new city, take in the sites, do the newbie quests there, and all the rest of what it brings to the game.
  17. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

TwistedFaith wrote:
    Who said anything about leveling the reason being leveling slowly. It's called altaholism there are people that like to level Alts, they get the toon to 80 then start over, and slowly level to 80 again taking a differant path, this game supports that style of game play, just like it supports Raiding, Grouping, Soloing, and TSing. Guess what if you don't participate in that specific game play style that is your desision.
    For people that don't Raid, 50% of the current LU, is "Wasting the developers time", if they don't Traidskill as well 75% of the developers time is "Wasted", for those not in guilds, GUILD HALLS where a "Waste of Developer time". If you walk around with blinders on to those around you, then everything the devs do that does not directly impact you is "a waste of devlopers time"... Take off the blinders and learn that YOU are not the only one that plays this game.
  18. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

kela wrote:
    Not until there is some new 70 - 80 content.
    There are currently 9 paths from level 1 - 10, 7 paths from 10 - 20, and 1.5 paths from 70 - 80 (you can chose to do a portion of this range in Moors, but can't do it all there).
    How any sane human being could justify more level 1 - 20 content being added to the game instead of more level 70 - 80 content is beyond me.
  19. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Looks at the last update, and the last ENTIRE EXPAINSION looks like 75+ content... in fact it looks like 50-80 content... so I guess that is already covered.
  20. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

kela wrote:
    The heroic instances are level 80 content. Reguardless of design, they are rarely run by anyone in the level 70 - 79 range.
    Try leveling a character from level 70 - 80 without doing any content in Kylong Plains, then try and level a toon from level 1 - 20 without doing any content outside of Darklight Woods.
    See the difference?