NEW 20 - 100 Agnostic ..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by OTG - Bretii, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Faelfreeblood Active Member

I think the issue is on low level leveling toons. Scaling cant get messed up and a 20 wont scale the same way, some stats are not there.

As a side note....

Some people pay for the game because they enjoy the leveling experiences, and don't want to skip to the end.

Alcoholic play style we tend to buy a lot of extra slots clothes from marketplace xp pots kronos, for fabled master crafted gear augments and stuff like that for each 10 level range.

We will buy prestige race stuff over and over, like free blood, and try to make the character the best of the best for each 10 level range, maybe switch to aa gain for a long time.

Some people believe firmly in the old adage its the journey not the destination.

We may buy all aa but not heroic if its a class race combo we have completed before, and want to work on 80 token twink gear then 90 or something like that.

We like to show off well earned power against lower level elites like vegeta on crack. It upsets when we cant.

Point is in the long run altaholics are valid customers, and we tend to mess with and buy stuff that people who stick to a few few characters and focus on end game would see as a waste of money and wont bother with. We however think its fun.

We can be heard to often bemoan everything is tuned to max level, and therefor almost useless to us...almost.

There is plat to be made, and vet bonuses to be earned and...completionism sometimes.

Most altaholics would also always subscribe because the limitations and lack of extras would be unbearable otherwise because of playstyle.

Some may even play the game as a rpg molo stat building think so the new deity thing is super cool. House actors and stuff. Preferring to chat with people while they play but mostly molo or random group when needed. Yet not be group dependent.

Just a little btw the way insight into some of your players, who still think the eq/eq2 universe is a good fantasy. Not implying anything, this is clearly a bug...just saying.

I would buy a few more heroic characters for special little quest lines and the neatness of gear sets if made avalible. Maybe bonuses.

I got one because I wanted to do val again with good gear as silly as that is, and thought there might be a special lore quest line.

I did hear the gear was revamped to be a suitable reward and that was enough. I did not level the character myself though and when it got from 85-90 had no bond with character as friend was saying so there it still sits. Back before it was 90.
  2. Rosie Active Member

I have nothing nice to say to Daybreak right now about what they did to agnostics. A group and I just left 2 zones, deep forge and maidens chamber, because they were undoable. With a full group various levels we could NOT kill ONE mob in either zone.

Forget SOL. its next to impossible.

I have no idea what they were doing, but they sure screwed up and ruined agnostic dungeons.
  3. Rosie Active Member

Oh thats another thing. WHY is SOL timed?? 1 hour? it takes one hour to kill one mob.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Bota26 New Member

Yeah me and my buddy both with mercenaries and than another random wizard got into the Library and it took us all of our spirit to kill mob. It took 5 minutes just to finish off the other guy cause we could only auto attack. In the end it wasnt worth it either because all we got was like 26 exp. Why would anyone in their right mind want to spend 5-10 minutes per pull just for 26 xp a kill? Also on a friday night I sat in que for almost an hour without anyone joining. I get it's not meant to be solo'd or Duo'd but when you dont have enough people doing the content and the people who want to do the content cant do it without the people who dont want to do it you end up just killing off another part of the game.
  5. OTG - Bretii New Member

It has already been stated that the "fix" will be coming on Tuesday, but I wanted to voice my option to some of the folks that are saying (not literally) "Too bad for you folks that can't enjoy your fast leveling" - The point of Agnostics, in my opinion, is that they are added for a couple reasons.. 1. Some folks have done content through many levels, a good amount of times, and they may not want to buy a Pre-Made 90th level toon, so they level one up in a fun to play Agnostic. 2. Some people like to run the agnostics, I for one am one of them, and I would play in there until I got to 94th lvl with 90th gear and 240 AAs. So, please don't think some people just want to experience the end game content, when some of them have experienced the lower level content since the game was in BETA. Agnostics for me is a fun way to spend what time I may have on a specific day and get some drops, and help some folks along.

Looking forward to the return of the Agnostic experience, and hopefully an Agnostic I can run 95+ in. (Tuesday I hope!!)
    Meneltel, Cuelaen and Prissetta like this.
  6. d1anaw Well-Known Member

It was my understanding that the agnostics were designed to help people level. Especially when you consider that leveling through the 90s is absurdly slow. We took ours in hoping for that and discovered it to be a waste of our time.
  7. azcn2503 Active Member

I'm definitely with you on this. I spend most of my time in EQ2 in agnostic dungeons and love them. I prefer agnostic dungeons over the level 100 content. I have 7 characters at level 94, and hope to create more soon. It's very fun and a great way of meeting new players, recruiting for the guild, and learning how your class works in a group setting.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Jamiss Developer

New ZONES / POPULATION
    Lowered the hit points of monsters in Level Agnostic dungeons.
    .................................................................................................................

I hope this is enough to put them back as they were. Beat them with the Nerf bat today like they owe you money, Rage stomp them like the grey haired dude in good fellows in the bar scene, drive them out to the kobold mine in steamfront, shoot them and let the kobolds at them each with a nerf bat of there own...a kobold nerf bat...then dig a hole dump them in, then dig them up and nerf those mobs some more....Nerf them good, and make them like it, till the agnostics are doable again.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. OTG - Bretii New Member

I just went into all the Agnostic types, Pre-ToT (The Deep Forge), ToT (Stygian Threshold), and the NEW 20-100.. and they all seems good, the new one needs a group, I could not solo it, but it was not like it was before.. I was able to hold my own long enough to see that it was good.. I was not able to kill anything, so I can't tell you if the exp is where it should be (in the NEW one). Thanks Devs..
    Prissetta, Gninja and Meneltel like this.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report, OTG-Bretti!
  11. Gudum Active Member

Shard of Love (Agnostic) is acting very oddly. I can take down a single mode in almost no time, doing over 5 million DPS, but attack a group and I'm only putting out about 1/10 the DPS. Even while fighting a group, I can target an unrelated single mob and take it out almost effortlessly, while doing almost no damage to the group at the same time.
  12. Gudum Active Member

Correction to the previous post, for a single mob my DPS was in excess of 50 million, not used to seeing anything that high on a level 22. Obviously something needs some major adjustments at the lower levels.
  13. Faelfreeblood Active Member

No, leave that its one of the only ones I can actually do, don't re-bug that too...one of the only one where each mob is not a god. (its still incredibly hard though.) Yet I hit something and it at lest felt it. I killed a trash mob! That is progress.

Shard of love is still just as bugged, and the random will put you in that one, the one you cant do, pretty much every time.

I advise players to use portal in qyanos and freeport to choose another its your only chance at workable agnostic,

Stay the heck away from the shard of love unless 50+ and enter manually then its as it should be, and not freaky. Raid duffecult on a silly little grinding dungeon is just plan silly and thats what they are used far,

I don't want the heart stone, let me disable getting it and make the instance normal or allow me to uncheck it in random, this is horrible.

That little goat man is still the virtual version of the god pan...the little whisps seem like daedric princes, why this hard for something I do not want and force me to go?
  14. azcn2503 Active Member

Here's my feedback on the new level 100 agnostic dungeon, from a level 94 perspective.

The linked encounters have a lot of health still. They take a long time to kill, even for the level 100 Paladin that was grouped with us, and he was doing several times more DPS than all of us combined. When we pulled all of the wairy fitches, it took 6 minutes and 30 seconds for us to kill all of them. That's a long time for trash!

That's not true of the single target encounters (including bosses). I could hit them so hard, the numbers nearly spilled out of my monitor! Exaggeration, but I did hit them really hard.
  15. Faelfreeblood Active Member

No one wants a great challenge from something they intend to grind 20 times a day till they get what they want. That's what raids are for and why some do and some don't...raid that is.

At this rate would be better to give up on agnostics and go back to old way, agnostics used to be fun, now they bite the big one.

I want something on par with wow wrath 5 man heroics, not cata heroics, when they first came out. I hate to even mention Warcraft but its the perfect analogy to this sort of thing. (I am a eq person but play many things, trying all loving to game).

Many simply quit the game (wow) rather than fool with them (cata heroics) just to simplify matters. Because the devs did not get that's not what such things are for. Level 20's have no biz doing raid things anyway.

Should be like rift instant adventure difficulty, though I gave up on that game long ago, when the guardian lore was sold out, and they player charcter lore became less glamorous. I don't know what its like now or if it still exists, pretty high elves were not enough to keep me, and after many updates that's all that game eventually had left that appealed to me.
  16. Gninja Developer

The zones other than SoL(Agnostic) should be back to the way they were before GU100. SoL(Agnostic) is the only zone that should be different as of right now.
  17. Estal Well-Known Member

Can confirm from testing that the old ones are back to normal, thanks.

However you might want to take a look into issue with SoL here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...c-still-has-mobs-with-way-too-much-hp.569705/

(same issue exists on test and live)
  18. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Groovy, Now could it randomly put you in something besides shard of love? Yet I am glad the fix was in, and...tanks for all de fish. :)
  19. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Is there a plan to fix SoL agnostic? Taking 6+minutes to kill the trash mobs, and seconds to kill nameds makes for a dungeon that no one wants to do. I was really hoping for an alternative leveling route for my lvl 95 characters to 100. Aside from the bugs with the mobs, is it intended to not drop agnostic gear for at least those 95 and under? Who will want to grind an agnostic where nothing drops but appearance items?
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Faelfreeblood Active Member

I completed it with ease in a group, but could not molo it which was a bummer, I have to wait till evening when people are on, nonetheless....Most of them are fine except shard of love but most are a ok, so I don't care, and have mostly shut up about that. I can get my new characters gear, all I really care about as I have done these so many times. Buckwheat say agnostics otay.