Never thought I'd say this, but... Considering retiring my Warlock

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Zvaies, Aug 22, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-SalBluee Guest

The people that are laughing at your dilemma are the people that dont see that there is more to the game than one class. There is more to the game than "My class needz uber damages! Nerf these guys!".

To be brutally honest, the people wishing nerfs on Warlocks or any other class are not thinking ahead in the game, nor are they thinking about how changes in one class affect others surrounding them. These are the idiots, and all the cries of nerfing Warlocks just because you did more damage were, as far as i'm concerned, made out of jealousy of a class.

I'm not going to say that i'm disappointed that I as a Wizard am getting more and stronger nukes, because I'm definitely happy about it, but I'm disheartened that some of this gained power may have been at the expense of the Warlocks. To completely change a class around in mid-stride is beyond stupid on SOEs part. Its like telling a Boxer to go to work as a Brain Surgeon.

Reality : I think we should get a look at the revamp after it comes, and then make educated decisions about how good the class is. As everything is now, we are still in BETA, and there may not be enough high end/raiding Warlocks that have seen the full spectrum of what they are capable of. Personally, I see alot of guesswork revolving around a good portion of the skills, and outcomes upon how good they are are just based upon a standard description at Apprentice I.

I know this is hard to take in, but I would really like to see a Warlock in action, using their upgraded skills while in a group setting, or raiding. Most of our comparisons these days are done in regards to raids, so I'd like to get into a group with a couple Warlocks and see how they fare before passing a judgement on limited information. As far as we all know, some of the skills that Warlocks are getting may actually be better than predicted.

For the time being, just ignore the morons that are laughing in the face of other class' changes, and just hope that the new skills will, in fact be better upon second examination and use.
  2. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

Agreed Sal.

My guildmate is a 50 warlock and is in the DOF beta. He exclaims to me every day how awesome the changes are, but I have a hard time believing him...I think he's a little nearsighted. He loves the "summon 3 pets" spell ( forgot the name) and the AE teleport...however I don't see how either one is that useful. I'm trusting his judgement for the time being. My only problem with this is I pretty much have to pay another $30 to see how they actually are.
  3. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

It's not hard to believe that there are people that like these changes. Everyone plays the game differently and these changes may match their playstyle. If the only issue I had with the new warlock spells was damage output or casting times I'd take a wait-and-see approach because that's something that can be easily changed. My problem is the more fundamental change from warlock as a 'poison and disease' based wizard to a DOT class. It doesn't fit my playstyle and it isn't the type of class I want to play in EQ2. If I (and others who feel the way I do) don't speak out before the changes go live, it will be too late (it's probably too late already). Also, it's not like any of these spells we're getting our completely new and must been seen to understand, we've all used DOTs, we've all tried that lame Netheros DOT and we've all seem conjuror's pet DOTs in action. I know how they work, I know what they do and I just don't want anything to do with it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mastire Guest

I'm now 52.9 on the beta I do enjoy the changes. We have been nerfed, but we were the most powerfull class in the game so it was expected.

What I'm not happy with is other classes changes, instead of staying = to us they have a signicant increase in DPS. I have not grouped with all classes so I can't coment on them all, but wizzards, and necros both come out of the changes WELL ahead of us. I know DPS isn't every thing, but both of those classes have better utility then us, and there DPS is significantly higher then ours, with exception to large groups.

I normaly keep my mouth shut about other classes and don't complain about how uber other classes are but seeing necro's solo named heroic encounters, when I have troubles killing ^ up solo mobs there is a problem with us or them.
  5. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Thank you for the input, from someone playing the DoF beta it adds to the information we have - our absolute dps is largely irrelevant, the only meaningful measure is our dps relative to the other classes - and yes, dps IS eveything when you're playing a dps class. Yet more evidence that so far SOE has screwed up this revamp good and proper.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

Personally, I will wait until a few weeks after the expansion. If things remain as they are (warlocks being outdamaged by just about everybody on single targets other than priests/fighters/enchanters) I'll quit.

Works out nicely, I'll be quitting at the beginning of september and if things are as bad live as they are on beta, I just won't have to prolong the subscription.

Think about it guys: these online games take a TON of time. It's not like me, or anyone else *has* to play a MMOG to be happy, right? Having more time through cancelling a subscription is very likely to make things better in the long run, with more time available to devote to friends/family/job etc. Think of the upcoming nerf as an excellent excuse to reclaim your social life. I do.
  7. ARCHIVED-Colmino2 Guest

that woudl be pretty compelling if only the instances were available on beta. strike one for jumping the gun rather then seeing for onesself.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nazowa Guest

See what ? That I can beam mobs randomly around ? I believe the beta testers. IF they are saying wizards are getting an independant timer 3500+ nuke and we are becoming Scotty in Star Trek I believe what they are saying. I didnt start this class to summon idiotic pets or teleporting mobs around randomly probably driving MT nuts in the process.
  9. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Heh, perhaps all Warlocks should /petition SOE to change their name to Scotty since the ability to randomly teleport mobs around the place (thereby giving your MT a nervous breakdown in the process) is obviously equal to a 3k+ nuke. /sarcasm off
  10. ARCHIVED-Andre Z Guest

Brilliant idea: Our future teleport spell should become damaging part - like a wizards nuke. It's just logicaly if some creature would be transported throught hell it will take damage. After teleport mob shoud get 4k damage (1k more like wizards becase we remove mob from damaging spot and we need tradeoff for it) and logically mob should become little DoT after it. This will be correct teleport spell. And sincerely i think our contagious debuf should have a chance to spread our single target nuke/whatever to whole encounter ( inclusive enrighed teleport ). I'll be happy if i can once in while teleport whole encounter randomly and damage it:) And i'm pretty shure our Tank will kill me right after i try to do it second time:)
    Message Edited by Andre Z on 08-24-2005 12:33 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Sarah Guest

i actually avoid reading the boards so my opinions stay pure, and for that i prolly have the least knowledge here in any particular class, right now i have a lvl 30 warlock, and i was anxious to lvl her to 50 asap for the expansion as well...
    but from what i seen im totally upset and i prolly will just stop playing until i see the changes live and reroll a class that makes a bit more sense...

i agree with the wizards and warlocks being par, i totally dont understand all these changes to the warlock class, if we were the most powerful and now we arent and others are, thats still not a balance... frankly i wish they never lifted the NDA, but appreantly soe is looking for our opinion, so now lets see if they listen.
    im completely unhappy about all this, the only positive ive heard is (wait and see what happens) ya right... not happening, all this negativity has only made more people anxious and franky disgusted with this game. i cant even decide what to reroll as, because i havent heard much great things even about the healers, etc. maybe ill just start saving my 25.00 a month for something else... blah sorry for the rant, but im sure most of you can understand /sigh

soe youve finally upset this customer.
    Message Edited by Sarah on 08-24-2005 09:20 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-rantun Guest

Anyone else considering WoW? Maybe we can get the name changed to World of Warlocks. Just trying to cheer myself up:smileysad:
  13. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

lol World of Warlocks, wouldn't that be a funny game...

"12 classes of unique warlocks!"
  14. ARCHIVED-rantun Guest

Think about how much fun it would be to have a group of warlocks all attack a mob at the same time and when it doesn't die, we can all run around and see whick 'lock dies last.
  15. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Or we could all cast that wonderful new aoe teleport spell simultaneously and play 'Wheres The Mob Gone?'
  16. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

Musical mobs?
    Hacky mob?

The warlocks stand around a mob, one person starts by casting the teleport spell. Subsequently, the warlock closest to the mob casts his teleport spell. If you run out of power...... *cackles*
  17. ARCHIVED-Hardjards Guest

You gotta laugh, or you would cry
  18. ARCHIVED-Oghier Guest

If Warlocks are to get a teleport spell, you should teleport the critter into rock :) Instant death. Wouldn't work on epics, and probably needs a slight + resistance. In its current form, your teleport spell is actually an illusionist buff. It ensures that good crowd control is needed in any group with a warlock!
  19. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

Pretty creepy, never thought I'd do that, but actually I do consider playing WoW now.. :(:(:(
  20. ARCHIVED-eq2bum Guest

In it's current form, it's an instant "never dare cast this spell in any group or raid or you will be kicked out".