Never thought I'd say this, but... Considering retiring my Warlock

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Zvaies, Aug 22, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Aye - should be added to the spell description

"On termination of this spell the Warlock is kicked from his group"
  2. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

I guess in a group you might be able to use this spell, if you warn the group beforehand, but in 4 group raid? Useless, it`ll get everyone confused and irritated and earn you a lot of being yelled at both in TS and in raid chat... "You! If you use this [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] spell again I`ll kick you from the raid! [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] warlocks!"
    :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Well there is a bright side to all this I suppose, all the annoying "OMGZ I wanna pwnz0r teh mobz !!!1!!!!1!11" kiddies will now all flock to the Wizard class in droves from their now "nurfed" Warlocks/Berzerkers/Bruisers/Whatever. If they're all playing the one class it makes avoiding them all the easier :)
  4. ARCHIVED-OneBadAlien Guest

OMG to the original poster S T F U you whining little ****. Grow up, plz.
    Warlocks are still tops in dps, now that wizards have dps you cant deal with it? You cant triple our dps anymore on raid targets?
    Wah, wah wah.

Some of you guys really make me sick, what makes you think your suppose to be the kingpin of dps and everyone else is suppose to be your ****. Its not how it was suppose to be, and its not how it will be after revamp, DEAL WITH IT OR LEAVE THIS GAME.
    Message Edited by OneBadAlien on 08-29-2005 08:58 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Nazowa Guest

**** ?
    and you are telling people to leave the game ?
  6. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Congratulations OneBadAlien, you've just won this week's Ignorant Fool Of The Week award. Now please just step through the big door marked "Exit" to receive your prize.
    Message Edited by Magiocracy on 08-29-2005 03:08 PM
    Message Edited by Magiocracy on 08-29-2005 03:09 PM
    Message Edited by Magiocracy on 08-29-2005 03:09 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

Growup and what? Act like you? ROFLMAO.
  8. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

Good luck with retiring :) Dunno why such a drama about it but some people can't take a change it seems.
  9. ARCHIVED-Flop Guest

Wizard here. I haven't really been on the ball with all the new changes coming about. Honestly, in March of this year I was so fed up with the way the wizard class was going I stopped playing eq2. I went over to WoW for awhile but just found it too dumbed down of a MMORPG to keep my interest. After WoW I haven't played any MMORPGS until the other day when I check back here and saw the grip of new changes coming about.

In response to this poster. The frustration of being sub-par to a class you are supposidly equivalent too in a game like eq2 is truly demoralizing. However, in the defense of all warlocks I hope the devs take a look at your feelings regarding the changes and seriously consider the opinions expressed here. I for one wish everytime somebody looked at a parse that warlocks and wizards would nearly identical in DPS. This will vary somewhat depending on encounter, but all around each should have a strength/weakness that in the end creates equality and usefullness for each class. As I haven't done much raiding I can not speak on the value of each class during so.

As the current changes stand now it seems wizards will be the kings of single target DPS vs warlocks AoE. But from my brief experience it seems obviously that single target DPS will be more usefull then AoE DPS. I'm kinda rambling now but what I really want to say is:

A) Yes wizards were underpowered and needed a boost.
    B) Maybe warlocks needed some adjustment.
    C) Neither class should feel inferior to the other.
    D) MAYBE changing the entire warlock role in groups/raids is not such a good idea.

E) ALL YOU WIZARDS OUT THERE WHO WANT TO RUB IN THE WARLOCK'S FACES are turning this game into something it shouldn't be. visa versa.
    They are out brothers in the arcane arts and we should have their best interest in mind as well as ours.

I feel for you warlocks and hope when this goes live things aren't the way they appear to be now.

Don't retire your warlock, if your really frustrated take a break like I did and see what happens.

WoW is overrated.

Arcamedius Firetear
    41 Wizard of the Random Justice League / Oggok.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

Agree completely... thanks for the kind words Flop.

Wizards = Warlocks <--- that should be the rallying cry of every sorcerer out there
  11. ARCHIVED-Azuremist Guest

If Warlocks are to get a teleport spell, you should teleport the critter into rock [IMG] Instant death. Wouldn't work on epics, and probably needs a slight + resistance. In its current form, your teleport spell is actually an illusionist buff. It ensures that good crowd control is needed in any group with a warlock!

The problem is, if warlocks are changed to being AOE casters what enchanter type will want to group with a warlock who will break every mez?

Are any other classes being changed to be antithetical to another, or is this an "honor" being reserved for warlocks?
  12. ARCHIVED-Oneira Guest

Don't worry, from what I understand (and i'll admit, my Coercer isn't very high level yet), Enchanters tend not to use their mezzes after a certain point anyway.

Either the mez effectively lowers Encounter AOE damage, which most groups do not want, or the AOE breaks the mez (which AOE HOs are said to do).

End result? Enchanters use their mez for adds and that's pretty much it. I have also been given to understand that SOE has from the very beginning of EQ2 wanted this. Crowd Control was essential to EQ1, but absolutely not in EQ2. Consequently , enchanters have sort of been in outer space since the beginning.
    So don't worry, my Coercer will still group with you and act as your buff bot :)
    Message Edited by Oneira on 09-02-2005 08:23 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-V4nce Guest

This whole "rebalancing" thing is looking more like they put the game rules and algorithms in a blender, mixed them up, and spit them back out at us.

Perhaps they should go back to square-one and just make a few incremental tweeks instead.

Let me rephrase this constructively: I want to see the class roles well defined, and for the rebalancing to work at achieving these. The closest we get now to class definition is something like "it is what you make of it". How can you achieve something if you don't know what it is?
    Message Edited by V4nce on 09-02-2005 04:47 PM