Necromancer - A Big Complaint

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Garandhire, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Garandhire Guest

Hi all

Durring the past few weeks I have strived hard to lvl my necromancer. I have done quests and mined for copper and silver to get those precious adept 3's. I worked hard at it. Last night I dinged lvl 24. This event was my biggest dissapointment in the game. After dinging I noticed that my Pet did not lvl with me ( stuck At 23 ). My adept 3 spider was history. All that hard work gone in a flash. Several of my spells were also greyed. Poof worthless. Trying to stay on the bright side I memed The Undying Adherant apprentice 3 and gave him a try. I quickly found him worthless for my needs. Yes he does absorb damage ok ( Not as good as the spider did ). But his ability to do damage is majorly gimped. This means he fails to hold aggro. He was hitting in the low 30's while my spider was hitting it the mid 40's. All of a sudden I am again getting my butt kicked by aggro mobs.

After thinking about this situation for a while I came to a few conclutions. Why would anyone mine for 20 hours to get some silver for a decent pet just to have it made worthless in a few levels? well I did because I did not know better. Why put a system like this in place... It makes no sense. I feel the pet should have continued to grow with me. It should not be as good as a skelly or zombie pet of the same adept lvl but it should not be worthless. During the time I owned and used the pet I considered it a symbol of my time and dedication. Now I consider it a symbol of "STUPIDITY". Never again... I could easily have been lvl 28 was it not for this folly.

Conclutions... Are the adept and master spells worth it? No way. They become worthless way to fast. Am I going to mine for my adept 3 zombie spell? Are you nuts... no way. Tommorow i think im going to give wow a go... Something here just does not sit right by me...

Cya and don't make the same mistakes I did.
  2. ARCHIVED-Azure707 Guest

Yeah, if I had a second chance I would go Wizard, but its too late as Im already a 27th necromancer.
  3. ARCHIVED-Yadylia Guest

When you say many of your spells were greyed, do you mean you can't use them anymore? if so it must be pretty upsetting

sorry if my question seems dumb, I am new to the game and still trying to decide which class to pick, I was thinking necro but now after reading your post I'm not sure it would be a good idea ...
  4. ARCHIVED-Trench Guest

when you dinged 24 was your pet out already? Reason i ask is because when i dinged 18 my pet was still 17. I simply dismissed him and the next time i summoned him he was 18.
  5. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

My grim spellbinder was one lvl lower than me when he was app3, then at my lvl when he was adept 1. Maybe this is the same with the lvl 24 pet. Also, I have a palladium cluster, would you recommend that I make the 24 pet adept III?
  6. ARCHIVED-saboteur1133 Guest

Yes Garandhire, did you remember to recast your pet after you levelled? It will remain the level it was when it was cast until it's casted again, although I'm sure you know that heh. But if the adept3 actually stopped levelling at lvl 23, I've be very surprised...my adept1 stopped at lvl 22, I would think the adept3 would go for more than just 1 level :smileysad:

Well as far as the lvl24 pet not meeting your expectations, it's most likely that your adept3 lvl 23 tank, is better than your app3 lvl 24 tank. Assuming your recruit actually did stop at lvl23, there's only one level seperating them --- and an adept3/app3 is a big difference, even though your recruit is blue and the adherant white. I have no doubt if you're able to upgrade to adept3 it would instantly be better than your recruit, adept1 not sure. If you're unable to find either, it would probably benefit you to continue to use the blue recruit, and as you level more the Adherent app3 will automatically catch up in strength to the recruit.

Just my speculation from reading what the beta players had to offer, I did not beta myself.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Where are you all getting the Adept 3 spells? I have only found Adept 1
  8. ARCHIVED-Garandhire Guest

The adept 3 spells were aquired from mining the "RARE" ores required to make them. It often takes 20 hours of mining to get a drop. I have 3 adept 3's. Tellurian, Agitation and Static pulse. all hard earned.

At lvl 24 I think I know by now to reroll the pet after lvling. The adept 3 is stuck at 23. He will no longer lvl. Period. Static pulse in greyed and pretty ineffective. Agitation will be greyed next lvl... Boon will replace it. Everything I have worked hard to get is well worthless.

I am lvl 24. I am using a lvl 23 pet to take on higher lvl mobs than I did at 23. My 23 pet is not as effective as he was when I was 23 fighting equivelent mobs. My 24 app 3 pet is useless... This will not change as I level. As my zombie pet advances so will the mobs I fight. What is happening now will happen 3 levels from now.

I have one effective dot... Bludgeoning earth adept 1. swarm of rats has a 2 min recast. Blight and Seism Generate way to much aggro and are designed for group play (aoe).

At lvl 24 I was Gimped. And gimped I shall remain till I aquire the neccesary adept 3's to solo effectively. I will not be mining 20-40 hours for a drop. And will not be a group necro.

It looks very much like I choose the wrong class.

Cya
  9. ARCHIVED-LuciferIXV Guest

Garandhire,

I wholly agree with you. I am currently a college student and I don't have that kind of time tp lvl my pet at all. I guess I will need to set aside EQ II for now until teh next break.. :sigh: Counter Strike or any other FPS should do.

This game is really getting on my nerves.
  10. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

You need to stop using your tell recruit pet and use the lvl 24 tank, that is why the tell recruit turns grey at 24. Get an adept 1 or app3 for that lvl 24 pet and you'll be fine. Saying that its worthless is stupid, those adepts you got helped you get to lvl 24.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zedek Guest

People, if you haven't figured it out, SOE made this a group oriented game. Yeah, they said they were going to give people solo stuff to play with but their idea of solo encounters is blue cons.

Another thing is this game was based on APP scrolls. Yeah, adepts make you that much better but they are rare.

It's also been said over and over, THE PETS ARE NO LONGER MEANT TO BE TANKS. Moorgard has commented on this several times. This is not EQ1 people.

Get used to the class as it is now, or reroll. Barring those two options, go play something else ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

I successfully solo stuff 2-4 levels above me at lvl 22 with my adept 1 tell recruit. SOloing is not just for blue con mobs.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

You're talking about mobs tagged as solo mobs? These are easy, when I was 24 with 10% to go I soloed lvl 26-27 solo mobs outside Varsoon's to ding (best exp). Of course I'm a templar, but wouldn't a necro be even better as it with a pet?
  14. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Yes we are, and we can solo those mobs no prob, I don't know what this guy is talking about.
  15. ARCHIVED-IronGnome Guest

All casting classes share this phenomena, not just necro's.

A wizard's nuke will not upgrade with him from 20-50. They will have to replace it periodically with a "new" version, upgrading it all over, just like you will have to upgrade your fighter and warlock pets periodically.

It's just the way it is... I do agree that it's not worth it slaving to get an adept or higher version of a spell you will lose in 10 levels anyways... until you reach your last pets then it will be very beneficial to upgrade them (until the next expansion :) ).
  16. ARCHIVED-Audio Guest

Yes, ALL classes share this. Read all of the other boards and you will see it. It is how it was designed to work. As you get new spells, your old ones become useless and no longer upgrade. They max out, just look at the max skill required to use it and you can tell when it will gray out for you. Also, you have to have at least App. II spells for them to be baseline.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zaphiel Guest

Hello! 26 Necromancer here :D

When I first scribed the Undying Adherent ap3 and used it to clear some skeletons in TS while trying to mine rare ores for ad3, it was kinda weak with only Agitation ad1 and have to throw some heals. But when I hit 25 it got easier with Boon of the Lifeless and upgraded it to ad1 immediately. The 2 pet buffs stacked and my pet now tanking the skels no prob even without healing it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kongerur Guest

How long did you anticipate being able to use your level 10 spell? (I honestly don't care if you come and tell it is Master III, it is still a level 10 spell).
  19. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

Level 30 Necro here. I solo lvl 31-33 turtles in EL easily with my adept 1 spellbinder and new pet heal over time. it worked the same way in eq1 with pets... the old ones would get useless and when you finally got to 50-60-65 whatever you had the best pet possible, so it's all worth it in the end. remember, having app2 spells the whole way to 50 wouldn't cut it, so it's worth it to get adept 1 or 3 for your spells since they help you level faster. don't quit at 24 just because you don't like the spells. we get better spells, as does every class.
  20. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

ok what everyone fails to realize here, with sony's bang up job of a spell system, is that grey spells are more efficient than new orange ones. lets reverse roles to melee since its an all casters problem. do melee go running around in grey con armor>?>?>? heck no. tanks wear green or better armor because if not they loose the AC. so why does this not cross over to spells?
    simple
    with these 3 tier spells they HAD to take in account the master versions.
    i whole heartedly disagree with the 3 tier system and now the lack of a well thought out system is affecting game play. Not just for necs but for casters alike.
    we are forced to use grey con spells until we level 3 levels past our new spells in order for them to be more effective then the spells they are replacing.
    again since our spells are our armor compare this to melee. imagine a tank in all grey armor kuz that phat chest piece is still orange and he hasnt got use to it yet.

this 3 tier spell system is BROKE and needs to be fixed. again it is affecting ALL casters in a very negative way. not to mention the terrible drop rates for certain spells, people whording they few that are out there and selling them at highway robbery prices.