Necro FD

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Tremelle, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

only way to not pull agro is not to cast...
  2. ARCHIVED-jonathonv Guest

ya.. and not casting Lifeburn on first second helps.. if your pulling agro off the tank.. your either jumping hte gun or the tank sucks
  3. ARCHIVED-Tremelle Guest

Geeze, how does a simple question turn into 41 posts? Hum? But i am learning alot ^_^
  4. ARCHIVED-Eviljoe2 Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    You are either totally kidding, trying to stir the pot or you are totally clueless.
  5. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Zald wrote:
    I have to totally agree with Zald. Anyone who disagrees with these points is wasting a space in the raid and should be kicked until they learn how to play their class better.
  6. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
  7. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Eviljoe2 wrote:
    how do you not pull agro? do you have some degro other necros dont konw about? nah.. you just suck :D
  8. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Sarafan@The Bazaar wrote:
    who gives a **** who you agree with post your own ideas instead of riding some Rtards coat tail..
  9. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    Actually I don't pull agro on a regular basis and I still am doing at least 2k dps. If you are pulling agro you are an idiot, plain and simple not sure why you think its all cool to pull agro off the tank. You are not only bringing the entire raid dps down by preventing scouts from doing their job, but you are messing up the healers into having to heal your stupid ***. So sorry sir, you suck
  10. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    i dont remember saying i thaugt pulling agro was cool? did i say that? and i dont pull agro very much at all and do 2k dps too.. so.. since you and they guy i quetoed kionw some thing i dont.. please teach me waht you do to not pull agro? what deagro do you have other than not casting and deagro gear? point of the post was that i think necros should have some type of the deagro.. oh yea.. and you suck
  11. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

You have posted and re-posted saying how much you pull aggro and that we all suck because we don't rip aggro from epic mobs like you do... so get your stories straight, or quit waisting precious forum storage space.
  12. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

LiquidFlex wrote:
    no.. dont group my statement. just you and any one who thinks that there is any way to not take agro while doing max dps.. and that's why necros should get some kind of deagro or our FD should also kick us down on the hate list after all it is only once evry 5 min.. will hardly be over power..
    YOU stop wasting our necro forum storage space and go post on waht ever sad toon you play now :D
  13. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    At any rate, I'm finished with this topic.
  14. ARCHIVED-Eviljoe2 Guest

Davngr1:
    First of all, you said there is NO WAY to do max DPS without pulling aggro. I guess if you are talking about all out firing of all spells that do massive DPS right out of the gate....then I guess you are correct. But that is not supposed to happen. That is part of knowing how to play your class. I do not know of any DPS class that can unload the best they have on a mob before the tank locks aggro. That said, there IS a way to do MAX DPS without pulling aggro. When I say MAX, I am referring to the MOST amount of damage I can do without calling the mob over to me.....Keep in mind I NEVER STOP CASTING ON THE MOB AND STILL MANAGE NOT TO PULL AGGRO!!!! It is all in the spell choice and timing.
    If you are asking for SOE to add something to your class that allows you to fire off Lifeburn, Lifetap and send in ALL of your pets from word go and still keep the mob at a distance...then you are asking them to cater to your lack of timing and skill. That will NOT happen.
    If you even accidentally manage to NOT pull aggro sometimes with your current play style, then you may be accidentally doing something right on occasion...grats...
  15. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Eviljoe2 wrote:
    the only spell necros posses that should take agro from even a half *** tank is life burn.. and i do not cast life burn from the get go unless i konw the tank and healers can handle it.. having said that pulling agro on a raid mob is something any GOOD necro has done(before lifeburn) and will continue to do .. to add i rarely pull agro with life burn and die or have an isues since i konw and plan for it .. the problm comes in when i hit 4 or 5 Ho's in a row or when an aoe kills all my dumb fire pets as im casting my flawless spell flow.. yes this makes no sense to you... anyhow evry class has a deagro button i mean my brawler has a deagro AA.. why cant necros have one too? those classes dont use them all the time.. but when they need to.. the spell is there. the only conflict here is that players with NO agro problems are trying to tell players WITH agro problems they are doing something wrong.. and i asure you.. any guild interested in taking down end/fun content would rather have a player that prides himself on performance rather than a **** who limits himself. I like liquidnard err flex am DONE with this post ! doing some travleing so wont be able to post.. but ill be back.. yes that makes happy :D
  16. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    Necros do not get an AA line for deaggro and should not get any other deaggro abilities because that would make the class overpowered, there is no argument to be made against that fact. If you are overly worried about aggro you need to change group makeups in the MT group and/or DPS group. I still pull aggro from time to time (mem wiping mob, full use of undead tide, 11k raid buffed hp lifeburn, "flawless spell flow"), but it's very controllable with the current game mechanics/ player abilities (alin's, appeal, phase, reinforcement, rescue, harmtouch, deathmarch, amends, FD, magnetic note, mem wipe, and any of the other threat transfers)...so really you and your fellow raiders need to L2P. Raids with necros on them not pulling aggro are consistently doing 30k+ ext dps so we all know it's possible.
  17. ARCHIVED-Inggy Guest

If you're pulling agro at will or frequently you need to look at what you are doing and the raid make-up, something isn't quite right. Sure like any necro here I do pull agro occasionally but not on purpose. Bad timing, mem-wipe, or the infrequent noob moment.

Generally I just tank the mob while the warders / healers keep me up till the tank regains control, usually just a few seconds on our raids. If it isn't happening then I run to tank, FD if needed, and wait.....

Seems useful that FD has the same timer as LB. Just be careful when you stand back up ;).

Do we need a de-agro? Not sure, if you play your class correctly and keep your ego in check, de-agro isn't necessary while putting out respectable DPS.