Necro FD

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Tremelle, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tremelle Guest

I was told that necromancers get Frig Death, but i have yet to see it any spell list and I am pretty certain my necro doesn't have it. Was I being lied too?
  2. ARCHIVED-Crib92 Guest

Necro's have FD. I suspect you have not reached sufficient level to actually get the spell.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tremelle Guest

Possible, my necromancer is 35 at the moment. So what level do you get it?
  4. ARCHIVED-betamurph Guest

I believe we get FD at 48
  5. ARCHIVED-Eviljoe2 Guest

[p]You get Feign Death at level 40...the spell is called Deathly Pallor, you can check the broker to make sure of the level.[/p][p]Then, you get Revivication at level 48....I mention that because as a necro, you will use these two spells often in groups. When the stuff hits the fan, and you FD, rest of group wipes and you pop up when the coast is clear and rez the cleric...:)[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

I believe its one of those scaling spells, so its not on the broker. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Eviljoe2 Guest

[p]Doh, my bad...I am sure your are right. The good thing about it though is I believe its success rate is 100%.[/p][p]This is how revivication was, though they had different levels in game, all the different levels worked exactly the same and now that was fixed with the last update so the spell level actually means something.[/p][p]I checked mine to see if it was ApI and it showed as a Master I....lol, I cannot remember if that is what I started with.[/p][p]Ok, my post seems all over the place....gonna stop now...[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

FD is indeed 100%, but 100% of total crap if you ask me. The biggest fallback with this ability is that it suspends hate towards the target instead of wiping it. Meaning if you really pissed off the mob and then cast FD you can't get right back up and continue fighting, you have to sit there for a while. Great for saving gear, but useless in contributing to the fight after that. FD is one of those auto receive spells and does not have any upgrades for it as it scales through your characters lifespan, although its effect never changes.
  9. ARCHIVED-silentpsycho Guest

Yeah... why doesn't Feign Death put you to the bottom of the hate list like it should?
  10. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Fyste@Nagafen wrote:
    because that would be retardedly OP with a class that can top dpsparses. End up grabbing aggro? Quick FD cycle and oyu are at the bottom of the chain and can get right back to doing max burn. See the problem right there?
  11. ARCHIVED-silentpsycho Guest

Ulvhamne@Nagafen wrote:
    No. What is the problem, exactly? I mean, we're not asking to transfer hate to someone else, just the equivalent of an evade like ability. I play both an assasin and a necro, and I tend to top dps parses no matter which of the two I happen to be on at the time, but FD falls far short of evade for getting down the hate list when your doing your job properly. It's weak, and saying it would be OP to automatically pop down a slot or two on the old hate list when the mob thinks you are dead seems silly.
  12. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Fyste@Nagafen wrote:
    no, what you are asking for is making aggro completely trivial to 1 high dps class.
    Not quite balance tbh. Might as well just say screw damage giving aggro, lets just make taunts generate aggro so everyone can do everything to their max capacity. No need to play together to achieve something.
  13. ARCHIVED-Eviljoe2 Guest

[p]I may get flamed a bit for this, but I do not think I would like it if there was no chance I would get aggro again.[/p][p]I actually find it exciting to pop up and try to help group, knowing full well, I may be under attack again. [/p][p]If I did not get aggro after FD, I would be less proficient at thinking fast in an emergency, using root, stun, fear, undead tide etc...at just the right moments.[/p][p] [/p][p]My 2 cp worth.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

i do pretty good with out any type of deagro but maybe a deagro for summoners wouldent be a bad idea... even if our hate is split up between us and our pets with evry limited pet that dies and dumps their hate on us towards the end of an encounter we are pretty much a big ball of hate.. and yes FD isint by any means a magic bullet but it will take a mob of us and send it back to the tank and just the fact taht it isnt right next to us anymore is a deagro of sorts. i would love to see something added to the STR final ability so that when you implode your pet, the pets hate dosent dump on the necro..
  15. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Now THAT would be a good change to the implode skill actually making it worth something. ;)
  16. ARCHIVED-nhdjoseywales Guest

Ulvhamne@Nagafen wrote:
    I actually see that as being overpowered as well. If the necro doesnt gain the hate of the pet when the pet dies, it would be possible to just cast a tank pet, send it in on mob, let pet die, root mob cast new pet send it in and it gets aggro since you dont have any and keep repeating til anything that doesnt 1 or 2 shot the pet and can be rooted dies.
  17. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

true. one could also roll a wizard and root/nuke the mob. to pretty much the same effect as far as soloing goes. Inf act, most classes with roots could do that. ;) the roo/pet method might even be more dangerous if the pet puts a dot on the mob and the root and subsequent fear breaks and the mob goes straight for the necro while casting the pet. ;) Also, the AE when you blow your pet up would be far more dangerous than a well placed ice nova since if roaming mobs were walking about in the vincinity of the mob being killed, they would also go for you.
  18. ARCHIVED-WasFycksir Guest

[p]If you see things are gonna go very bad and an FD will be needed, back your pet off prior to casting FD (macro it). That way additional aggro is not generated. Additionally, if you are solo, the mobs will kill your pet sooner if backed off, and the encounter will reset sooner. Unless you think your pet can finish them off for you, without the risk of an AOE that may take you out anyway.[/p][p]Don't forget FD in PVP too, most opponents know how to deal with it, but it can give you a couple ticks of safety.[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Isla Guest

if you know you arent gonna make it, and fd to save your skin, you can cancel your pet to get out of it even faster. ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-nhdjoseywales Guest

Ulvhamne@Nagafen wrote:
    No, a wizard would eventually run out of mana to continue root/nuking, a necro wouldnt run out of mana to just root and cast a pet every so often. also the wizzie has all the aggro for all the damage generated to the mob and there is no way for him to get the mob to attack anyone but him. a necro chain casting pets would only have the aggro created by the roots and has a spell that can force the tank pet 1 position higher in the hate list so its just not the same concept and it would result in necros being able to solo pretty much anything that doesnt kill the pet in 5 seconds with almost no risk