Monk Katanas

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-ATLDawgy Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    The assumption is that Kamaala doesn't want to use "any level 80 weapon" and wants to use katanas for RP if nothing else.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

_Kryogenic_ wrote:
    Qeynos and Freeport Mage towers they are a reward for finishing repeated last parts of the next live event.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shankonia Guest

About time SOE!! Thank you.
    Hope they include some that are good enough to warrant using (ie fabled, legendary etc).
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

If they do it will likely be in Shadows of Odyssey since this is what the events are a precursor to. Until then I sufggest adding Divine or Vampiric adornments to them you can almost stay healthy that way.

Also play with your ravasectian shredders, ghostly claws of Blyze and and the ones you get from the Bonemire quests to get your slashing up to par.
  5. ARCHIVED-Harvash Guest

Not on test, but certainly was interested in this change.

Then totally had the wind let out of my sails with screenshots. =\

1.6 delay = junk /sad

so, i guess they are just meant to be a sort of "flavor" dressing thing. meh, maybe i can wear 'em around town.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Genryl@Permafrost wrote:
    They are not actually too bad to fight with, sure you won't use them in a raid or instance situation but they are perfectly serviceable otherwise, just restrain yourself when spamming CA's. My test Monk is about a level from getting Everburing fire but she is starting to look like a sushi chef in offensive. ^_^
  7. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

That's it. When that goes live I'm getting a set for my bruiser and a set for my monk. The stats aren't anything to write home about but I bet they'll be fine for when I'm fighting solo blues or when I just want to look cool.
  8. ARCHIVED-Wyndrith Guest

It would be fantastic if those were wielded with a reverse grip. You know, blade pointed down, slashing motions utilize forearms closing inward, not extending outward. Although somewhat in the realm of outrageous, could care less since this is fantasy where magic happens. "

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

I'll keep my two-handed crushing baton but man do these look awesome. Be really cool to have just for appearances. I've always preferred slashing weapons like swords and such for appearance sake and miss those with my monk.
  10. ARCHIVED-Balmore Guest

Very nice! I'm definitely getting ones when it hits live.

You think the upcoming expansion will bring the legendary and fabled ones?
  11. ARCHIVED-Scott_Titan Guest

Absolutely love it, a nice step forward for Brawlers. Now I'm hopefuly we might get access to other "Martial Arts" type weapons.
    I'm hoping Balmore is on the right track, with some nice Legendary / Fabled Katana sets available in the next expansion.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

These should be going live in a little over an hour.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I got the disco on Kithicor. Immediately I was flooded with tells asking me how I got it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I got disco on Befallen.
  15. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

Got the disco on Venekor.
  16. ARCHIVED-Llach Guest

now the question is; if you do the quest at lvl 25, is that you screwed for level 50+ or can you trade them in for higher level ones as you progress?
  17. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

That is something I've been wondering about as well.
  18. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

19. ARCHIVED-JeiSombra Guest

Now if only we can get some variations.....like CHINESE BROADSWORDS (which i use irl), CHINESE STRAIGHT SWORDS( i also use) SECTIONAL STAFF (yeah that too) ETC. ETC. As a practicing martial artist im so0o happy they are FINALLY using weapons us Kung Fu guys use! Not all of us are kendo/katana users, but at least they are going in the right direction!! LETS SEE SOME MORE!! DONT STOP NOW! SNOWBALL EFFECT!! a RED TASSLED SPEAR with piercing damage would be sweet too..... oh, the possibilities.....!
  20. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

The double sided bladed bo staff from TG and Anaphaxis [sp] match the spear look, just a blade at either end.