Monk Armor Quest

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Yokatsu, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Yokatsu Guest

For those that don't know already, "Selwyn Oakheart" in South Qeynos offers the quests for Light Armor once you hit level-20. She stands under the tree near the NQ gate. Each piece of armor will have it's own separate quest, so after receiving each piece, hail her again to get another quest.

Yokatsu
  2. ARCHIVED-Taedaen Guest

nice thanks, im gonna bookmark this page so once i hit 20 i dont forget.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Very helpful. Thanks for posting this!
  4. ARCHIVED-KR Guest

I am on step 2 of this quest, and I need to kill Plaguebringer Acolytes. I cannot find these things anywhere in Antonica. Has anyone seen them? Thanks.
  5. ARCHIVED-kazla_perm Guest

Sorry will keep an eye out for them. I finally got the **bleep** clerics now can you point me to the elders as I cant find em anywhere. For ppl. that dont have the quest you need kill some Sabertoth elders but I cant find em anywhere.
  6. ARCHIVED-KR Guest

The Elders spawn from the Gnoll Dynamic spawn area around BB. Find a Tent, and kill the 4 or so groups that are around the camp. When they are all dead, Elders spawn at the tent.

I still havn't got an answer on PlagueBringer Acolytes, if anyone from Beta knows, thanks.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jaqkie Guest

yea those dam cleric mobs never spawn .. im glad my fd works now :p but i almost got ganked by a dragon that spawned near the tower as i walked to the bird house .. close call :smileyvery-happy: gonna get them eldars now if any are doing that part of the quest and im on send me a tell im on AB server
    Message Edited by Jaqkie on 11-15-2004 11:01 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Just started on my first armor quest right now :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Damelon Guest

2nd Armor Quest -

Spiders - bottom of blackburrow

Stalkers - hill next to holly windstalker's grave

plaguebringer acolytes.... cant find them anywhere.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

What is the first piece? I'm working on the quest now.
  11. ARCHIVED-ArchZinno Guest

Alright everyone listen up. The elders spawn after you kill off an entire camp of Sabretooth gnolls. 2 elders and 2 tormenters will spawn.

Now, the same thing goes with the Acolytes. Go and kill the group mobs of restless Caltorsis and eventually you will have 5 acolytes spawn. at level 20 both the caltorsis and acolyte mobs were conning at green for a group. Hope this helps, good luck with your monks.
  12. ARCHIVED-ArchZinno Guest

I just can't wait until I get my monk pants.... a DE is going to look awesome as a monk! Booya!
  13. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Ah, the gray cons outside of BB around the tents eh?
    Message Edited by Gage-Mikel on 11-17-2004 09:05 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-ArchZinno Guest

You need to kill the groups of Sabretooth Battlers and Rune Casters... there should also be a Gnoll tent in the middle of all the groups. This denotes a spawn point for the Elders and such
  15. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

w00t, on to part two :) Thanks for the info.
    Message Edited by Gage-Mikel on 11-17-2004 10:01 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-ArchZinno Guest

Don't mention it.

Kinda hard being the monk on the forefront. I group with 2 other monks, another of which is a betrayer such as myself, and we were all the first 3 monks on the server, also we group with the first betrayer (2nd Pally on server), I the second (2nd monk on server), and the other monk the third (1st monk on the server). We kind ahave to figure out all this stuff to keep ahead of everyone else. Makes the game a lot of fun. good times.

Luckily the ogre pally has a lot of knoledge due to previous beta testing. Has helped us out in a few situations. I've also learned a LOT of stratedgies for monks from my own experiences and experiments.
    If anyone has any questions about monks or brawlers or anything like that ask me, I'll be happy to try and help. I mean, I've made it this far from my own tactics... mine as well share em a bit...
    Message Edited by ArchZinno on 11-17-2004 10:32 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I'm the 7th on Guk I believe if players is right, and I grouped with the 5th or 6th when he dinged 20. I've spoken a few times with the first. It is fun being on the leading edge of the class though :)

I just wanna get all the quests finished, but I heard you can't get the BP until 25 or 26 :(
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

**bleep** the alcos never spawn :(
  19. ARCHIVED-gusY Guest

How is the Monk damage and defense wise? and do the animations look good?
  20. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I love the animations.

Got the third armor quest done, working on the fourth, w00t!

For the Plagebringers take a good group to Caltorsis and clear the groups of restless that spawn around one of the poles. Soon enough 5 plagebringers will spawn. Wait a min before you attack them to make sure that if one has a pet its pet is summoned before locking the encounter. If you don't and the pet is summoned after locking it will make them not viable for reward. My group did that a few times and it was driving us crazy.

The third mission is in SH. My group did it pretty easy, all 3 21s, two 23s and me at 20. I dinged 21 during the quests in SH.

Good luck, working on the fourth piece now.

Message Edited by Gage-Mikel on 11-18-2004 08:41 PM