Models! Yay...

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-DanaDark, Jun 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Image_Vain Guest

I don't think they will get rid of SOGA, it looks too cool.
  2. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote:
    [p] Lotus, hear hear![/p][p]You have been lazy lately giving all jobs to asian team. Don't let them screw the game[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-kitsuneshoujo Guest

1. Never noticed the lack of bellybuttons, but since fae are born from flowers, do they have them anyway? 2. Never noticed this either, but I agree. 3. lmao 4. That would be nice. 5. Would love to see that, its one area where Warcraft has EQ2 beaten. 6. Its SOE dear, what did you expect..? Quality? 7. I agree here, the original models are the ugliest things I have ever seen, I do like the anime models though, but half the time their faces look perma-angry, or they look like they have mouth deformations... one reason why Ive only played fae, everything else looks like crap... except the ratonga and the woodelves. Youre not alone. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

I dont remember who said it... but SOE giving us SOGA models did not stop the development from happening on the old character models... (Especially because the SOGA team does all maintanence on SOGA models and the SOE team does everything to the regular models (Except for applying armor... SOE team does that)) Personally im tired of people begging for new armor models. I would enjoy having more armor models too... but I have done the math and adding a chestplate about 50 times to different character models, testing them to see if they are in the right place, and making sure they dont sit weirdly on the character by positioning them just right seems like the most tedious work that could have ever been imagined by anyone in their entire lives... However... what they really could do is throw in some newer textures! like cloth armor looks very weird. and they could greatly change the appearance of armor by changing the textures on it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cynzielle Guest

The idea behind getting a brand new model is exactly so they don't have to adjust their armor models 50 times, which is why I fear we're to lose the previous models. Unless I didn't get that right.. And I wholeheartedly agree with textures!! We don't really need brand new models when a wide variety of textures would do the trick.
  6. ARCHIVED-redders Guest

What I don't like about the option of alternative models is that your character can look different through someone elses "eyes"..
  7. ARCHIVED-kitsuneshoujo Guest

I have yet to get into caster classes on this game simply because all the clothing is half-*****... Its sad that all the armours look a lot better than the cloth. :|
  8. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

[p]I personally stopped looking for the "best" gear when I play now. Instead, I sacrafice some mit, stats, etc on my gear so that I can have a character that stands out. I find that when I look different than every other character out there, I am remembered better and usually have an easier time getting a group then.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

The only SOGA model i like is the Erudites. Their the only ones who don't have that Oily Skin look.
  10. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

[p]7. ONE character model. SOGA models and Original models both need to go. [/p] [p]Hum, there are some people out there who played since the release of the game, we like the original models. It's not because you don't like them that everyone think like you. [/p][p] [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Alak@Lucan DLere wrote:
    True. I myself have had my account since beta, but canceled for a couple years. My original character still exists with their preorder jboots. THe original models are what i use. I think the SOGA look really oily. Nothing as scary as a greased up ogre plowing their way through skeletons slipping around all over the place on the vasaline. I admit the original models look like claymation sorta, but they look more like how the races were intended. The halflings look like halflings, the female dwarves have beards, and so on. The SOGA IMO look like something that was thrown together quickly in WoW's texturing style.
  12. ARCHIVED-Image_Vain Guest

I'm personally happy with the SOGA, alot of people like that Asian Anime style, and I'm one of them.
  13. ARCHIVED-mellowknees72 Guest

[p] Men have PECKS?[/p][p]All I can think of is a group of men running about with roosters strapped to their chests. [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

I'm glad there are two model types. There will always be a question of personal taste and all that. Personally I think the Soga models for the most part are far better looking than the original ones, espesially for humans and male elves. They are taller, better looking and have hairstyles that don't look horrible. Yay!
  15. ARCHIVED-Image_Vain Guest

I agree, SOGA models looks much better then the originals IMMHO. The Original male elvs looked like the just sucked on sour candy.
  16. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

[p]I find good and bad about both models. I just personally feel that a single model type should be created that has a single scalable skeleton (Does not affect appearance) and that has more effort put into it than the current models.[/p][p]Im just saying I think sony should just start fresh with the models and make something that truly belongs in the game. I for one am tired of all the mobs I fight looking much better than me with better armor graphics and all that.[/p][p]I just figure we have two medocre character models... I'd gladly trade that for one set that was truly worth wild.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Allisia Guest

The only thing I've found I like about some of the SOGA models is the hairstyles. The original models have some of the most awful hair choices imaginable. The female human SOGA model is too thin at the waistline, in fact, most of the SOGA models appear rather gaunt IMO.
  18. ARCHIVED-steelblueangel Guest

I hope the ratongas do get a face lift in some areas such as the ability to chose eye color and a few more curves for the female ratongas.
  19. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

[p]I find SOGA models lazy. I was looking at a Barbarian male non-SOGA the other day and his skin actually looked worn and old. SOGA models always look perfectly smooth - there just doesnt seem to be any detail at all. [/p][p]I love the handlebar moustaches and tatoos. The paunches, bald patches and flying officer kite sideburns on Halflings. The haughty eyes of the high elves...they make EQ2 feel and look different to all the thousands upon thousands of japanese styled games.[/p][p]Now if they could successfully blend the japanese and western together in the character creation screen with options for more oriental features or anime styles for those that want them, within the overall design philosophy of EQ2 (ie no perfectly smooth, featureless skin). [/p][p]This is my Ranger, Tsientsin - he's based on a Mongol warrior. I think he looks oriental within the limits of the original character creation screen. Enough to pass as oriental without looking comic book or anime. Incidentally, just look at the detail in that cloak. Not seen anything remotely close to that level of detail in any other MMO I've tried.[/p][p][IMG][/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p] This pretty much sums up my feelings for all Character Graphics regardless of the US vs Soga trivial debates. [/p][p]--[/p][p]The NPCs keep getting better and better looking while we stay the same. Even when we kill said mobs and they drop their armor we never look anywhere near as good. :([/p][p] [/p]